Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Back and hopeful

I started on Titan about 3 days ago, new character, same as my original (Jack Drake, pistol PE).

I'm really excited about Neocron again! The population is "good enough" for me and I'm not yet aware of cheating and duping like in the later years of the original Neocron servers.

Everyone has been super nice and a few great guys (Zarten Kinderhaenden and Indira jones) really helped me out with getting some player crafted weapons for leveling up. Made it to 30 dex my first day back and really eager to cap out again.

I've brought 4 people to the game with me, one Neocron vet and three new people. So far everything has been great! I've been literally Neocron-manic for 3 days straight now, obsessing over skill planning, the state of the game, and teaching my friends the ropes. Is there anything... wrong with Neocron right now? I'm still a little afraid the servers are gonna die or maybe there are some massive dupes I'm not aware of or something, but maybe... everything is great? Is there anywhere I can sign up for a monthly fee? because I would feel good paying for this game like I used to.

Anyway, hello everyone! You guys rock and I'm having a blast. I started Neocron when I was 15 and now I'm fucking 27. I grew up here. Everyone I used to play with... some of them are dead, some of them went on to get fantastic jobs, and some I haven't spoken to in many years. I haven't contacted a lot (most) of the guys I used to play with yet, since I just started and wanted to check out the state-of-the-game. I'd love to see old clans and runners come back to kick ass once again. Gonna see where this goes. Super excited.

Edit: and a big thank you to the support team for fixing my account and stuff!
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Welcome back!

I must say I could not help but chuckle a little reading your post.
    Good to hear Zarten & Co are helping you out and all.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    Is there anything... wrong with Neocron right now? I'm still a little afraid the servers are gonna die or maybe there are some massive dupes I'm not aware of or something, but maybe... everything is great? Is there anywhere I can sign up for a monthly fee? because I would feel good paying for this game like I used to.
    welcome, and please dont worry. the server is in good shape, probably better than ever, playing is still free (donations possible now), this happy post-apocalyptic world will most probably last for years.

Welcome back.

I came back in november and my impression is that people are eager to lend a hand to people coming back or just starting. And once you get near cap and pop your LE out, they are more than happy to try to kill you =).

The server is in decent shape, a good amount of people trading, and some good op fights if you are in Pricks or 17th. I´m still hoping for a few more clans to join in the opfighting, there seems to be one or two making an effort at creating something at the moment.

So good luck to you and your friends, if you need anything, feel free to ask.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

hehe welcome back dude ^^,

Thanks all! The community has been nothing but awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by I See Blue View Post
    The server is in decent shape, a good amount of people trading, and some good op fights if you are in Pricks or 17th. I´m still hoping for a few more clans to join in the opfighting, there seems to be one or two making an effort at creating something at the moment.
    Absolutely! I'm either joining or making an op fight capable clan. Was thinking Black Dragon; they already have a few clans that seem interested and are enemies to both CM and TS (right?). Not sure what the pvp environment is like, how dependent on PPUs, and how worthless <TL100 weapons and non-WOC is, but eager to find out.

Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

The REAL Walker

Welcome back dude!

The server is in better shape than it have ever been..
    Cheating is at an all-time low. Same with duping.
    The servers wont get shut down any time soon. We have a volunteer team working on stuff, and all is great (although we REALLY would love to get some news about the next patch).

PE is not the best PvP class atm (probably one of the worst - without WoC).
    Hopefully some balancing will fix that though. Im kinda counting on it tbh.. I currently have 3 capped PE's (one with WoC), so they have BETTER balance them

Just a little heads-up, so you dont expect them to be as great, as they used to be.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Put your sig back on Jack. Yours was one of my favourite from back then. I think some of your old videos of raping people with the Liberator are still kicking around these parts.

Sadly the Pistol PE is nothing compared to what he used to be, not even good for rare farming in todays world I am afraid. I would suggest use him as a "feet wetting" exercise for now - get back into the game and "re-learn" the mechanics of things. If youre looking for a pvp fix though you would be going in to most fights at a slight disadvantage to many players.

Dont get me wrong, it is still possible to win 1v1 if you get the drop on your opponent but in terms of op fighting or anything involving ppus you most likely wont be able to do the damage to contend with the holy heal/rare buffs of todays NC. They gave us rare shields sometime back and the damage of some PE weapons seems to be much lower than it was previously in NC1. PE weapons particularly got hit hard by the changes since you left. Liberator is a paperweight today. It is a crying shame.

However there are plenty of other classes/combinations to play and you will soon see what is viable and what is not when you step out into the wastelands I am sure.

If you need anything whilst in game feel free to post here. I will gladly help returning players with whatever I can.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Put your sig back on Jack. Yours was one of my favourite from back then. I think some of your old videos of raping people with the Liberator are still kicking around these parts.
    Thanks!! I was actually thought I had lost it forever, but nothing on the internet is lost... Found them archived. woooo!! Also, yeah, I have a few videos around, some I lost, but I bet they're out there somewhere. This one is on my Youtube channel.

Sadly the Pistol PE is nothing compared to what he used to be, not even good for rare farming in todays world I am afraid. I would suggest use him as a "feet wetting" exercise for now - get back into the game and "re-learn" the mechanics of things. If youre looking for a pvp fix though you would be going in to most fights at a slight disadvantage to many players.
    Yeah, I figured. I did play for a bit in 2008 or something and LoM'd myself to rifles for the desperado (super fun weapon, but still pretty weak). I'm planning to grind to WoC (never have before) and play around with crossbow and such. As far as OP wars go, I've already made a monk (named Scrubby).... sigh.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    Absolutely! I'm either joining or making an op fight capable clan. Was thinking Black Dragon; they already have a few clans that seem interested and are enemies to both CM and TS (right?). Not sure what the pvp environment is like, how dependent on PPUs, and how worthless <TL100 weapons and non-WOC is, but eager to find out.

BD would indeed be the most suitable in the current climate, The Black Cartel are rustling up some numbers, not sure if their leaders already spoke to you ^^ I would say scrap the PE. get some ppus tanks and spies up between u and your returning friends, at least for the time being. these classes will be much more valuable in OPs, especially in an up and coming clan for hacking, dmg output etc etc. PEs are more of a side luxury these days. As a true PE fan boy myself, I will assure you that there is still some fun to be had, mostly in unbuffed areas like pp1. but wait until you get the core fighters stocked up that's my opinion.

Regarding the <tl100 weaps and PPU dependancy, well i think you'll need the rare or quest weapons for tanks and spies to be contending, and most definitely the rare shields on your PPUs, and at least 2-3 of them at your OP fights, at the moment our peak numbers in both 17th and The Generally Nice Guys is around 14-16, to stress, that's if at our max, but you will see numbers dip to 8-12 too, so you'll need to be prepared for anything from 8-16 which will be tough, so it wont just the weapons factor, it will be numbers too. I would suggest that whilst you're leveling your chaps, have a snoop around and see if there are some guys that may join your clan too!

some might require some training, but you could find some OG's lying around too, people have been suggesting this to the up and coming clans for a while but a lot of people have been reluctant to actively try and recruit, but it seems you're pretty enthusiastic, stoked to be back, and have a zest for the game, so whip some guys into shape we're hosting an event this sunday at 20:00 CET, that could be a good platform for recruitment. and the prizes will be rare weapons, woc discs and a lot more, our last event we gave out full rare parts to self build CS's dissies, SH's, butt loads of quest and rare weaps, WoC discs and more, so it could be an ideal place to get your guys stocked up too ^^

see you in game
    Last edited by r3yka; 26-03-14 at 09:10.

if youre gonna grin to woc i would get some shitty no slot or 1 slot rares. it will take a while but as a pe either droning with rk 500 (1000s if you got the money for mc5s) or pistols/rifles in regants is your best bet. I did over a few weeks in there, no damage hardly back against you and you get a lot of cash for doing it, especially if you collect tronik parts. It is the fastest without messing around or using AOE. If you want to use drones tho it could be a pain with the LE in due to poor damage and xp nerf and could be more painful without it.

As for Black Dragon - I would form your own team [ edited ].
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 26-03-14 at 16:28. Reason: Flaming

The REAL Walker

if youre gonna grin to woc i would get some shitty no slot or 1 slot rares. it will take a while but as a pe either droning with rk 500 (1000s if you got the money for mc5s) or pistols/rifles in regants is your best bet. I did over a few weeks in there, no damage hardly back against you and you get a lot of cash for doing it, especially if you collect tronik parts. It is the fastest without messing around or using AOE. If you want to use drones tho it could be a pain with the LE in due to poor damage and xp nerf and could be more painful without it.

As for Black Dragon - I would form your own team [ edited ].
    If I wasent going to drone to WoC, I would definitely grind it on firemobs.. To get a good collection of tech or serious amount of cash.
    Sure it'll take a little longer than Regants, but the money made from selling the techs, will be enough to get anything he needs for a WoC PE.
    After you have gotten some funds, you can even use a HL (requires some MC5's..), but that thing is a beast for leveling/farming. Cant remember if you need a Redflash to use it though - Im not at my home PC atm, so cant check Nskill.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 26-03-14 at 16:27. Reason: Consistency
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Welcome back!

It's always great to see people returning to Neocron. I hope you enjoy all the changes and stability improvements we've added thus far and look forward to the return of your clan mates too!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

As a main member of the Black Cartel I would like to say our in game image and what goes on in our clan/team speak is entirely different. We like to have fun, mainly through PvP. Crap talking in game is one thing. I would appreciate if people left the drama off the forums. Our clan is nothing but super supportive to our guys, helping out with advice and gear. We only need a few more members to OP fight. If you need anything, I am zhalfer/zhyres/roninz/gekidoz in game.

[ edited ]

If you form your own team you have a long road ahead of you. Dont make it harder.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 26-03-14 at 16:28. Reason: Responding to flames

Quote Originally Posted by kazvall View Post
    As a main member of the Black Cartel I would like to say our in game image and what goes on in our clan/team speak is entirely different.
    [ edited - off topic - please contact help desk regarding potential in game abuse ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    If I wasent going to drone to WoC, I would definitely grind it on firemobs.. To get a good collection of tech or serious amount of cash....... etc
    Yes tbh it is a viable alternative and great for cash but I found the down time and XP per hour to be so much lower (at least I found this when solo). Ok you make a butt load more money if you are selling the techs but if thats the case then it is just cash you are interested in. For me personally I would take the lower cash amount and higher xp gain as by the end of the grind you are going to have 5m nc plus easily, grinding troniks and the like. The Woc runs are all easily done so no need for cash for that. All you need then is an MC5 and a Woc disk. Both are easily obtainable for the price.

Also as a pistol PE (and potentially solo) - I believe he said he was sticking with that in the opener; Regants > firemobs. If it was Rifle then yeah I would say Redeemer/Healing light is a great alternative when bored to tears of regants. Also with a few mates firemobbing is a tonne more fun.

I looked at this differently because Woccing a PE was my LAST char, not my first. I had all the resources at my fingertips already so there wasnt anything new I needed - this obviously made my life that much easier, but thats the benefit of 12 months plus of playing already I guess.

Walker makes a valid point Jack but at the end of the day obviously the choice is completely yours.

One thing though, if you DO go firemobbing - if only for variety - then I would save the Armour part 8,9 and 10s and also the pink splats that Doomreapers and some Terrormaulers drop. (I call them splats because they look like a paint splat against a wall). The NC database treats them in the same way as a tronik part. Basically you can get 1500 nc plus selling them with a barter.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 26-03-14 at 16:31. Reason: Off topic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast