We are the CityMercs

Welcome Fat, with a mindset like your's you'll make an excellent addition to our small community here.

Let me add my two cents here as well. Contrary to popular belief, there are much better vehicles than the Quad. Sure, it's indestructible, but you'll get the most fun out of the Observer Prototoype plane, an unarmed two seater small plane. Land on top of stuff, fly over mountains, never get shot by pesky guys on the ground... granted, it costs a bit more but is worth every credit. Plus, you already loose 500 Noob Points if you do. And if you need money to buy one, i'll gladly give you a little cash injection

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Moonez View Post
    Let me add my two cents here as well. Contrary to popular belief, there are much better vehicles than the Quad. Sure, it's indestructible, but you'll get the most fun out of the Observer Prototoype plane, an unarmed two seater small plane. Land on top of stuff, fly over mountains, never get shot by pesky guys on the ground... granted, it costs a bit more but is worth every credit. Plus, you already loose 500 Noob Points if you do. And if you need money to buy one, i'll gladly give you a little cash injection
    As if he didnt already have more than enough to learn.. Learning to fly a glider isnt the easiest thing to do in NC...
    And is often quite expensive aswell, since they do have a habit of blowing up rather easy
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

We are the CityMercs

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    As if he didnt already have more than enough to learn.. Learning to fly a glider isnt the easiest thing to do in NC...
    And is often quite expensive aswell, since they do have a habit of blowing up rather easy
    It's not that hard! Just use a hill to take off. Beware of structures, but don't mind trees. Besides, i already offered to pay for some gliders :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Shadow View Post
    How's that new Pew Pew Laser Rifle working out for you?
    How did you get on with the aggressor captains?
    Pretty well, actually! Thanks to Hotwheels, I think I'll be moving to the mutant base soon... but I just want to see a bit more of Neocron before I leave. I've been grinding on a pulsefire laser cannon that a fellow runner, Martain, helped me build; and it's making short work of those Aggressor Captains. Coupled with the fact that I found the armor smuggler at the military base, I'm now wearing a full set of outstanding light Kevlar... and a robe which I.... crafted.... from human skin...

UHm... Well... I didn't mean to craft that. I wanted another survival kit.... apparently, my recycler though otherwise and made a trench-coat made of mutant teeth, hair, and arms....

What's even creepier is that "leather" was better then the Kevlar robe I was wearing....

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Moonez View Post
    Welcome Fat, with a mindset like your's you'll make an excellent addition to our small community here.

Aww, thank you. I'm just a regular guy, honestly... Though, I'm working on a draft of a new player's guide I'm working on in my spare time; when I'm not doing a GIS project/studying for exams. I have an idea of how I want to integrate some of the back story of the game into the guide... and I'll be doing it via a narrative.

Also... damn, I still don't have a quad. I can't even picture flying around in a ship yet. I wanna get grounded before I get my wings.

I don't know if you can use it yet, but Battle Armour (available at Archer and Wesson armour vendors) is good for dealing with many enemies. It doesn't have the fire or poison protection that Kevlar affords, but has much higher piercing and force armour (which most mutants and aggressors use).
    I'm not sure which is better for the Launcher Cyclops you will be facing soon, since their rockets do force and fire damage (and I don't know the proportions).

As a rifle user though, you should be able to stay away from danger.
    Keep an eye on this page, as it will tell you what weapons are now available to you (but avoid the freezers).

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    I don't know if you can use it yet, but Battle Armour (available at Archer and Wesson armour vendors) is good for dealing with many enemies. It doesn't have the fire or poison protection that Kevlar affords, but has much higher piercing and force armour (which most mutants and aggressors use).
    I'm not sure which is better for the Launcher Cyclops you will be facing soon, since their rockets do force and fire damage (and I don't know the proportions).

As a rifle user though, you should be able to stay away from danger.
    Keep an eye on this page, as it will tell you what weapons are now available to you (but avoid the freezers).
    I managed to catch a guide to weapons on tech haven, and I caught the blurb on the Freezers.

Pro: "Minor Stun"
    Con: "So minor is basically useless."

Past that, I'm sticking with Kevlar for now. I don't know what those launchers are using on me, but I assume it's fire and blast. And I'd rather keep Kevlar right now, because of that.

---
    Past that, I do have a question about the lore.

So I'm writing up a little narrative that I hope to attach to the New Player guide I'm typing up, and I'm a bit confused as to what's going on now.

See, the Official History ends with the factions moving to the Dome, and no updates have happened since... and the last date was 2755. Now, since KK moved the factions back to NC, and the dome is abandoned; that would mean there had to be several years of events that weren't cataloged. So, the current year would be roughly... what, 2762ish?

Also, who's running City Admin? Is it still Risa? I've seen a conflict recently, where it seems like the game still promotes Risa and everything; yet backlogs from events on Tech Haven I've found seem like Risa was assassinated, was replaced by a guy named Jack Red... who was then killed in front of CityAdmin's HQ by TG. So... if that's true, who's running things? Or was that thrown under the rug after KK brought all the factions back to NC from the Dome?

Another thing would be, how the hell has the MC-5 functioned for more then 14 years with that same virus? I'm guessing he couldn't get the help he needed because everyone just sprints out of there as fast as possible... leaving him to deal with that virus alone for many years (LOL). I get that the purpose of the virus is to explain how people who were conditioned to be loyal, good citizens of Neocron could break away and join factions like the Twilight Guardians... but... with all the changes to the game, that just seems to be a leftover piece of story.
    Last edited by fatbackwards; 22-02-14 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbackwards View Post
    Also, who's running City Admin? Is it still Risa? I've seen a conflict recently, where it seems like the game still promotes Risa and everything; yet backlogs from events on Tech Haven I've found seem like Risa was assassinated, was replaced by a guy named Jack Red... who was then killed in front of CityAdmin's HQ by TG. So... if that's true, who's running things? Or was that thrown under the rug after KK brought all the factions back to NC from the Dome?

Another thing would be, how the hell has the MC-5 functioned for more then 14 years with that same virus? I'm guessing he couldn't get the help he needed because everyone just sprints out of there as fast as possible... leaving him to deal with that virus alone for many years (LOL). I get that the purpose of the virus is to explain how people who were conditioned to be loyal, good citizens of Neocron could break away and join factions like the Twilight Guardians... but... with all the changes to the game, that just seems to be a leftover piece of story.
    Neocron is currently operated day to day by the city council and the NCPD . The shoulders of the city are currently without a head. The lack of a current president gives us a nice natural break in proceedings for things to go on as normal in Neocron and the rest of the game world. A new president will be put into power in the future. At that time the storyline will also move forward along with relevant changes to the game world (think pro-Reeza propaganda).

At the moment the storyline is on a bit of a general hiatus as we work on other things. Check out the Development Updates for more information on that. There is quite a lengthy plan to straighten out some bits, update others and generally move things forward in the storyline. However, we need to use the resources we have (as in people) in other areas for the moment. As you're no doubt aware there's plenty we want, need and have to do regarding overall quality.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Neocron is currently operated day to day by the city council and the NCPD . The shoulders of the city are currently without a head. The lack of a current president gives us a nice natural break in proceedings for things to go on as normal in Neocron and the rest of the game world. A new president will be put into power in the future. At that time the storyline will also move forward along with relevant changes to the game world (think pro-Reeza propaganda).

At the moment the storyline is on a bit of a general hiatus as we work on other things. Check out the Development Updates for more information on that. There is quite a lengthy plan to straighten out some bits, update others and generally move things forward in the storyline. However, we need to use the resources we have (as in people) in other areas for the moment. As you're no doubt aware there's plenty we want, need and have to do regarding overall quality.
    Alright, I understand. It just makes writing a piece of fan faction a bit hard. I have to shlep through old forums that are long gone to find info. @_@

----
    I made my own post on Garriot's Diner, originally... but then I realized it hasn't been used in 5 years; and I don't wish to start a new forum topic about this but...

I've been writing up a New Player's guide for Neocron, to be placed in the Getting Started section... and as a side project, I've worked on a supplemental narrative that goes along with the Neocron lore; and it'd pertain to the time from when you were murdered in the tutorial by NCPD, to the time you woke up in MC-5 with no memory, and a chip in your head. I'm hoping to add it in for a bit of flavor in the guide, but I'm having an issue with some of the write ups.

Like I said before, I'm very... very new to this game, and the history of the universe. The only guide I have to go on is what is available in the Official Neocron History list, or various discussions on the forums. I'd like to get a feel for the history of the game a bit more... as I am struggling with the whole DoY conflict a bit, and the history of Neocron (the city itself). I would appreciate any suggestions or information that would be possible in this en-devour.

From my understanding is that two tribes abruptly showed power on this continent... Thor and Crahn. There isn't a lot of back story as to why Crahn slaughtered Thor's tribe so savagely... past that he was a vain person, and Thor was in the way of his 'invincible' conquest. I mean, he basically took Jeriko from them and placed Neocron on top of it. I tried finding a bit of info as to why Crahn has such bloodlust, basically.

And the information I'd find, I'd like to spin into something City Administration would show as the 'underdog'... that "We are the good in this land... and DoY is/was evil. And good won!"

From what I read, Neocron is a terrible town with a terrible past... and I don't think you can spin it any other way, considering that most people 'remember' what happened. I'd love to spin it as Neocron = good; so that the player can ambiguously believe that lie... or see it for what it is... but the lack of info is driving me crazy.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    (Just an FYI, I'll be taking this post down when I'm done with the narrative completely... this is just to give a feel for what I'm looking for)

The [bracket] spaces are liner notes for myself, describing the info I need. Unfortunately, I can't seem to compose a well enough history that would feed into it. Not to mention, there really isn't all that much fanfiction FOR Neocron on the internet; and the most that DOES exist... well, it's written in lingo and terminology that I don't understand.

I'd really appreciate any advice. I'm looking forward to finishing this narrative and bringing a guide up soon.

I truly envy OP's current position. 10-11 years ago is when most of us were in your shoes; and what a nice pair of shoes they were.

You seem like a great addition to the community. I'm not entirely active right now for a number of reasons, but if I see you in game I'll be more than willing to help you in any way I can.

I cant access your link Fatbackwards.

I am pretty well versed in NC fan fiction. If you need help I can do my best to point you in the right direction.

Feel free to drop me a pm if you want to discuss it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I cant access your link Fatbackwards.

I am pretty well versed in NC fan fiction. If you need help I can do my best to point you in the right direction.

Feel free to drop me a pm if you want to discuss it.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This link should work now. Also, your inbox is full.
    Last edited by fatbackwards; 25-02-14 at 01:38.

Its empty now. P.s when you say GIS studying - what do you mean exactly? I know the acronym in my business but not sure if it is the same thing.

I will take a look at your link now.

Geodesy and Geoinformation Systems. It's basically surveying mathematics, combined with computers and satellites. There's also remote sensing with drone surveying, ArtGIS mapping and cartography, and programming with OpenCV. It's A LOT of technical work, coupled with the fact that most of the teachers in my branch are from the DLR, and expect great things.

Makes your head spin.

Yeah you are in the same business then - sort of.

I work alongside Geospatial Analysts in Britain so I understand your work pretty well. I use ArcGIS in my job but I dont do the technical stuff. I just put the icing on top of the cake so to speak.

Anyway this is going way off topic. We dont want to talk shop here.

I cannot access your folder from here (I am at work tonight) but I will check in with it all when I get home later on or tomorrow morning.

Oh god... the memories are coming back... make them go away! I once had to convert DEMs into actually usable 3d models for 3d applications... the horror, THE HORROR!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast