Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Well, mid level economy was a misleading choice but it was the only thing i could come up 2am... whatever. Do what you want, you all know so much, idgaf anymore.
    my simple reply to this is dont try and post at 2am (its 3.09am here for me now and i have had a couple drinks after work) and instead get some rest and then come back and post with a clear head and think about what you are saying rather than post random stuff which may or may not facilitate good solid discussion. You have been around long enough and contribute plenty to know whats essentially good and bad for neocron just like the rest of us here who actively visit the forums. just saying.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Seems perfectly legit at 17.18pm
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Seems perfectly legit at 17.18pm
    Ok, i can see where this is heading... well, time to get hammered.

And for the record: I didn't post random stuff. But i don't see that anyone understood my point anyway so whateffs.
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 14-02-14 at 19:49.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Ok, i can see where this is heading... well, time to get hammered.

please reply after said hammering has commenced.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Knowing that reducing leveling time for chars has the potential to attract players, what keeps the base xp gain from being increased?
    well. its your assumption that removing the RP-part will make the game more popular. so what if we would get rid of the "levelling" part altogether? start capped and get some stuff, so PvP will start right away? tell you what: lets give it a try. lets ask our devs kindly to put up a new server/world, without the need to get XP. just PvP. lets name it... "Neptune". yeah thats a good name. what do you think will happen?

weapon balancing, earlier able to PvP, WoC no longer a requirement, profit.

I agree with divide pretty much on all points. If you've been playing this game off and on for years you know how to level a character in as easily as a weekend with casual leveling. The only thing keeping old vets and new players coming to the game is the very slow early levels. Make it double or more XP across the board. This will get people able to get this chars to a high enough level where they can start farming rare parts and cash easily to keep that end game within sight.

... the idea of noobs living permanently from handouts seems not the least bit wrong, no?
    The only thing obviously wrong with this statement, is that low-lv chars dont remain low-lv char "permanantly" as you wrote. Think of what you say : it makes no sense, there is flawed logic behind that statement.

"Noobs" simply level up and become capped, or quit the game out of discouragement and lack of time to invest in it.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    I dont support this! I further more would like to see a more balanced PVE! You cant solve problems by just sayin "Ye double xp and fine". If PVE would be that frustrating leveling as e.g. a pistol/rifl and know "for fucks sake, dat drohners are 10 times faster" you wouldnt be upset.
    Furthermore i would support a makeshift to set PVE damage on all weapons equal so all classes can level or farm on the same speed. In addition lower AoE damage down to 33% so it only would make sense on over 3 targets.

Whatever is being proposed here belongs in another thread. Tweaking weapons and getting classes streamlined have nothing to do with XP gain being upgraded. I suggest you start your own thrread and see if people give a shit about your vision of the game.

We want players, more players. Easier capping is a real good idea.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    The only thing obviously wrong with this statement, is that low-lv chars dont remain low-lv char "permanantly" as you wrote. Think of what you say : it makes no sense, there is flawed logic behind that statement.

"Noobs" simply level up and become capped, or quit the game out of discouragement and lack of time to invest in it.
    If the XP rate is simply raised then the noobs will live from handouts till cap. cuz they will never get on their own feet. For the reasons i already stated, they level faster then they can buy equip appropriate for their level and higher ranking mobs. So they have to stick to farming mobs too low for their equip - not really the fast progression the idea aims for.
    Also, with a level too high above the mob you don't gain funds so that would require extra balancing...

so you raise the moen gain form mobs... but yeah, i see people want instant gratification and access to stuff, so money doesn't need any value.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Drachen your idea is flawed at best.

All weapons damage all mobs. What would happen is noobs would skip guns with double xp. They will still damage mobs, earn cash and move to a higher level.

Instead of going from a tl 19 laser cannon for example to a tl 23 flamer they would go from tl 19 to tl 30 or maybe even tl 40 plasma wave.

A low level weapon costs what? 20k? less? Make one gun for another 20k? Probably less tbh. Level up through the first 10 or 20 or 30 levels. Change guns, rinse and repeat.

In the old days of early nc1 I used to go and spend half my life constructing and researching the next weapon I could get. I had the time and inclination back then. Some people will still have that time and that inclination and there is NOTHING in this proposal that stops them. Sure they can use a better weapon but they are not FORCED into it. All weapons are still ok.

However those people who do not like the "grind" will find the shortened levelling to be that much more appealing. It really is simple when you actually sit down and look at the numbers proposed.

the economy is not fucked either before anyone says it, there is a perfectly working system of trading unressed parts, this will never ever be altered by market fluctuations. The only fluctuations in it will be from idiots wanting too many parts for a shit weapon. However getting a few parts back in trade for a no or 1 slot weapon from a new player (which he could earn in an hour or two) will be highly attractive to many "old school" players.

If you dont like a poster - no worries - but think of the post, think big picture.

Oh and Torg your neptune sarcasm has been posted in this forum about 74 times now. It wasnt funny the first time and it adds nothing to the discussion, please stop using it. Its dead.

If the XP rate is simply raised then the noobs will live from handouts till cap. cuz they will never get on their own feet. For the reasons i already stated, they level faster then they can buy equip appropriate for their level and higher ranking mobs. So they have to stick to farming mobs too low for their equip - not really the fast progression the idea aims for.
    Also, with a level too high above the mob you don't gain funds so that would require extra balancing...

so you raise the moen gain form mobs... but yeah, i see people want instant gratification and access to stuff, so money doesn't need any value.
    Noobs to this game already require a lot of guidance in pretty much everything.
    This game offers pretty much zero information to new runners.
    Neocron is entirely dependent on community-support of new guys, this would not hinder that.

Yeah but it doesnt take much for one person to post up a quick "how to" in help channel. Lots of tradeskillers do actually idle and answer questions. I know I do when playing as one of the Earps.

To see a much faster progress in the first 10-15 levels - even up to /20 overall for example - would allow noobs to use established weapons against a reasonable level of AI/damage (Aggressors, Aggressor Captains and above). Most of all it would allow much higher survivability in the wastelands as the noobs would hear about this place called "military base" and possibly want to go there. Or tech haven, or the Canyon.

The point is you would be essentially dragging them out of the sewers where they started and into the world properly where they could have fun exploring - if only the first time - and potentially run into things like OP fights, Pkers, Rhinos, shit talk and all the other great things NC has to offer.

If I logged into a game that basically suggested (through my lack of progression) that I was going to be stabbing Rats with a flick knife for the first 5 hours I think I would go elsewhere.

However if said game gave me a laser pistol in the first 2 hours and let me blast holes in said rats and even higher level monsters then I would be more inclined to stay. Its amazing what having a gun in your hand can do to a new player.

The REAL Walker

I definitely do agree about the first couple of levels. It IS way to slow/tedious to gain the first levels.
    Increased XP untill */20 wouldnt be a bad idea.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I've been rallying for this forever.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...40901-Leveling
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast