former king of saturn

Default Add +DEX to Rifle & Pistol CPU's

So I don't imagine there are many people who aren't aware of this fact already but, if you do not know, there are 6 CPUs that are not in-line with the equivalent CPUs for other classes.

I'm speaking of course of the Long Distance and Close Combat CPUs.
    Compartively speaking, every other equivalent (APU, PPU, HC, MC, Drone) provides +MainStat while lacking one +SkillStat. This does two things:
    1: Impedes leveling progression for pistol and rifle users.
    2: Hampers end-game setups for classes that need to eke out the most efficient +Dex that they can muster.

One of the biggest benefits of adding this back in will be the boost provided to PE's. It is commonly complained about that PE's are in need of some form of balancing to improve their viability.

The REAL Walker

I've been saying this for ages, yeah.
    I dont see why they shouldnt give +DEX.
    It would definitely help PE's a lot - and they really need all the help, they can get..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

former king of saturn

Dear volcrew,

Any chance you may be so kind to share your thoughts here?

Love,
    Divide

Agreed tbh.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

goodness no. this wont solve the PE problem but start a new spy-o-cron. yes, levelling up to cap on pistols and rifles is slower compared to aoe drones... so cut down aoe dmg in general and boost midrange armor, or even the PE PA. just boosting the pistol and rifle business would bring on a bunch of new problems.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    goodness no. this wont solve the PE problem but start a new spy-o-cron. yes, levelling up to cap on pistols and rifles is slower compared to aoe drones... so cut down aoe dmg in general and boost midrange armor, or even the PE PA. just boosting the pistol and rifle business would bring on a bunch of new problems.
    How the hell will this start a new spy-o-cron?! Spies wont gain ANYTHING by this, at cap..
    The only spy setup that will gain something by this, is Regants PA Dissy Spy setups.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    new spy-o-cron.
    you got some 'splainin to do

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    I'm speaking of course of the Long Distance and Close Combat CPUs.
    Compartively speaking, every other equivalent (APU, PPU, HC, MC, Drone) provides +MainStat while lacking one +SkillStat.

One of the biggest benefits of adding this back in will be the boost provided to PE's. It is commonly complained about that PE's are in need of some form of balancing to improve their viability.
    I have only one question, witch skill points will you remove that don't penalize more the PE than spy? Because you can't let 25 skill points and add a 2.5 stat bonus (lvl 3 implant) regardless to other implants you have to down the skills points to overall 20.

What will you remove, TC, WPL or PC RC?

I only thinks that adding stats and removing 5 skills points wont really help PE endgame.

P.S. adding another useless malus like -10 construction or research would only mean giving bonus without balancing.

Lol torg. It's already spy-ocron how would this make that worse? It doesn't at all. That is short sighted to say the least.

Hopefully though, to end on a good note, the balancing team has already seen through all of this.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Lol torg. It's already spy-ocron how would this make that worse? It doesn't at all. That is short sighted to say the least.
    This. ^

Just make the these particular implants have +DEX bonuses again like they used to.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy