Quote Originally Posted by Teal`c View Post
    There isnt not much trading if people want to pay 10-15 unressed techs for a good 3 slot cursed soul. It would be stupid to sell such a rare weapon for that price. I wouldnt say it costs 300 unressed techs but definetely more than 15 , its like an insult. The next thing is that people should start to do pvp in specific areas like pepper park-military base instead of leveling one char after another. Ive seen countless people logging off because there is only the blue bataillion running around the sectors. Its depressing for pvp`ers to have a capped character and waiting countless hours for just 1 duel.
    one of the problems with that is ppu buffing in a safe zone before that "pvper" comes out to fight. Its an endless problem.

The only way to really fix this is if the community got together that is usually active around this time of night and agreed on certain parameters to make the fights happen but i havent seen community goodwill like that in a long time.

The blue battalion is a classic. i love it. too bad that issue is still prevalent also. That said i still think if balance picks up it will draw in more people as the overarching issues are fixed and the flaws resolved which should help to increase pops across all zones.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Awesome opening post. Long yes but passionate nevertheless.

I hate to be a doomsayer here but all you can do is be patient. Stuff is getting fixed behind the scenes. Sparta is up and running and people are testing. All of that data takes time to analyse and not until that is done will anything get changed/updated/amended/fixed. This game is old. It was on life support when the current team took over. To say it survived this long is testament in itself but you cant hide the fact that so much of it is just broken. You can only polish a turd so much and cover it in glitter but at the end of the day, it is still a turd.

Fortunately NC is not a turd. However the same analogy applies. Until the balancing etc is complete then there is nothing to attract players. If you took a snapshot in time today you would see a game that has flaws (not so many bugs now) that have existed since circa 2006-7? (NC2.2). It is now almost 2014.

There are plenty of free games (Shareware anyone?) these days built on newer engines like the Unity Engine and many others that attract free to play players and then offer the cash shop for those who have no time to level up or real lives that get in the way.

Bear in mind the Atari generation of the late 70s and early 80s are now well into their 40s and 50s and some will probably still be playing games right alongside the new generation of "COD" players and the Playstation generation. There are literally millions of potential customers out there ready to pick up and play this game but they wont play it if it doesnt meet certain standards that they expect from these "newer" games.

NC will get better. The current team of devs actually have played the game at some point and some still do i think. Some of the KK people never even picked it up i dont think!

the thing is you can see for yourself already they are listening because Zoltan already moved server maintenance time for you. You know you have their ear now from that alone.

The other stuff just takes time and patience. The best thing to do is just keep on helping the noobs. Show them places to level, construct their guns and give out the advice they require. This must be fun for you or you wouldnt do it. I used to do it when I logged in a lot and played the game but I havent played in a few months now for a plethora of reasons. However the game will not survive without its community and it needs people who will still do this sort of thing to make it work.

It will be worth it in the end but I guess in the short term all anyone can say is thank you for doing a great job and keep up the good work.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Bear in mind the Atari generation of the late 70s and early 80s are now well into their 40s and 50s and some will probably still be playing games right alongside the new generation of "COD" players and the Playstation generation. There are literally millions of potential customers out there ready to pick up and play this game but they wont play it if it doesnt meet certain standards that they expect from these "newer" games.

Speak for yourself, I am in my thirties. And I owned an Atari 2600 and lived at the arcade growing up.

Great post, and it was good bumping in to you last night Divide! Nice meeting Nc1 vets again, and cheers for not ganking me when I was syncing, lol

I agree that the future could be bright for NC despite it's age and other pitfalls, the main problem is struggling for interaction sometimes. Yesterday was the first time I've logged on in around 11-12 months due to many reasons, so it was tricky remembering what my character was doing, what changes had happened, where the hell Terra had gone and so on. Unfortunately, even in GMT zone, sometimes the Help channels are less than helpful - but more power to those that do assist noobs/returning players - it's the community that will draw and keep more players in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Speak for yourself, I am in my thirties. And I owned an Atari 2600 and lived at the arcade growing up.
    no idea what your point is sorry.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    no idea what your point is sorry.
    you said the atari generation is in its 40s and 50s. clearly they arent.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

Hey, I played on an ATARI 2600 too. The 32in1 and Tomcat F-14 game

Back to topic.

Just hypothetical, would an US server help to increase the us playercounts?
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Once we have the players to support it, sure. But right now it would just divide the already tiny playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Once we have the players to support it, sure. But right now it would just divide the already tiny playerbase.
    Yes, I am exactly afraid about this too but the question is: Would it increase the playercount?
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Yes, I am exactly afraid about this too but the question is: Would it increase the playercount?

with a good amount of players to be able to be attracted yes it would be very good. I would give it a go there also due to pings (300 to Germany according to nc) but again it would potentially mean starting over yet again for people and as stated splitting a pop thats already taken a bit of a tumble of late.

I think that this idea should be a consideration much further down the line and would require some serious push from fansites etc to get the word out to people.

In principle yes its a good idea. In practice no i dont think so at this time.
    Something is wrong.

former king of saturn

Agreed w/Doc & Dj Zeddy Z- I don't believe the creation of a US-based server will have a positive impact on the US playercount for the time being. I don't /think/ there are enough US players to sustain a server on its own, but I'd have to ask around. The fact that players could possibly have opfights during the evening may change some minds. That said, I still prefer the idea of a mixed server - playing with all kinds of different people from many different regions really makes being part of the community more rewarding.

The overnight medi pokebots that the community is bringing have helped. Before, people were much more liable to just log off.
    Res/cst still lacks at the moment.
    FSM requests go unanswered for hours, unless it's BT or TT.

On the bright side, I've farmed MC5 for several hours, multiple nights in a row, undisturbed.

An American GM would help...

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    An American GM would help...

Can I put my name in the hat?

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemMichael View Post
    Hell yes

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemMichael View Post
    Indeed, US player too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast