tanks sind imba ;P

Default Oculus Rift, pleaaaaase?

hi runners,

i can hear sighs by the dev team visiting this thread. i know.

i know :3

BUT

the dev kit of the Oculus Rift is shipping:
    http://www.oculusvr.com/blog/develop...-are-shipping/

ct already got theirs (german link):
    http://www.heise.de/video/artikel/3D...t-1834710.html

i need this. i really do. this is serious. and i'd say everyone wants to play this game with an Oculus, right?
    after all we loooove cyberpunk. screw team fortress 2.

i'd like to hear opinions on this topic. even better what you, our beloved devs, are thinking about when it comes to this topic.

- realistic chance for Oculus support in the future?
    - or only vague plans?
    - who owns one or will buy one?
    - worth it even without headtracking?
    - technically no way forget about it neocron will never have Oculus support?

anything. please just give me anything... i am desperate for virtual reality.

I will not buy one as long as there are no decent games out for it like Battlefield 4 e.g.

And I don't think that Neocron will ever support it.

But I think that this will be the future. Maybe Oculus is a step in the right direction but we aren't there yet.
    In my eyes this whole Virtual Reality thing will only then come really immersive when you are able to steer your character only by thinking. Because even with Oculus and headtracking you will always have to have a gamepad in your hand.

Anyone read: http://www.amazon.de/Labyrinth-Spieg...anenko+spiegel ??

Oh fucking yes, please. Backing all games that are going to use the Rift (some really cool adventure games especially). Love the concept so much. Oculus Rift + Neocron = superawesome!

But of course, there are other things to do with higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    I will not buy one as long as there are no decent games out for it like Battlefield 4 e.g.

And I don't think that Neocron will ever support it.

But I think that this will be the future. Maybe Oculus is a step in the right direction but we aren't there yet.
    In my eyes this whole Virtual Reality thing will only then come really immersive when you are able to steer your character only by thinking. Because even with Oculus and headtracking you will always have to have a gamepad in your hand.

Anyone read: http://www.amazon.de/Labyrinth-Spieg...anenko+spiegel ??
    It looks to me like They're actually planning to give BF4's engine its self Rift support. That means all BF titles, Planetside2 and EQ3. Valve's Source engine now works with it, meaning all source games, eg halflife 2 and any other new titles. Unreal3 engine has support aswell. I know I'll definitely get one. It fills your whole vision and is sterioscopic 3D with an HD screen. There are other peripherals coming out to further increase immersion by running in place to run in the game and quality wireless hands-up controllers for PC to use during this. I think it's pretty much only up to the developers of the individual game whether or not Oculus will work with it. I think we're probably at least a decade if not more away from neural input VR.

former king of saturn

I would definitely rock one of these with NC.

The following is my opinion only and may not represent the opinion of the team as a whole!

Quite a nice toy, but I do not have the money to afford it and the time is in my opinion at the moment better spent on things like e.g. Sparta or other stuff which the newest development hints at. Nevertheless, it would be an awesome feature to have.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

[Edited]

Current 3d-fad (in cinemas) is already THIRTH in history. It has been proven 2 times that everything is more important than stereoscopy.

It doesn't matter how light or high quality image OR is. It's still heavier and worse image than your monitor. Games like NC are probably worst possible application for such technology. NC isn't smth you play for 30 minutes once in a while. You play it for few hours straight, every day. So anything getting in a way even slightly WILL get in a way eventually.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 12-09-13 at 13:06. Reason: Posting picture spam