Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Ill propose a simple change that won't really effect any other classes or chars or even game mechanics.

Simply add slow opening doors to the major zone whoring zone lines. Something like the doors at the gates of NC or the doors in Proto lab. The major problem as I see it is that when someone realizes they are going to lose they turn tail and zone to safety often times right before being killed. So if we simply add doors that open from the top down and take maybe 3-5 seconds to open this should, at the very least, decrease people being able to zone quickly to safety. I don't know if it's possible to have the zone in point be beyond the doors so you don't have to wait after zoning in.

This shouldn't be too difficult to implement either I don't think. It wont mess anything up regarding buffs dropping, cooldowns, pvp flags and all that complicated stuff. This could at least be a fast easy semi-fix for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Best idea yet. Make the Pussy Club and Club Veronique doors open in like 5 seconds. That would be good. Or turn the zones into fighting zones. So we can all pretend we are Eminem.
    Totally agreed. Faid's solution is simplest and I think very clever!

But wouldn't that make zones one-way death traps? Zone in, realize 3 guys camp the sync with AoE, turn around and: Death-by-Waiting...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Would there be a way to prevent people zoning into clubs whilst under fire? In an RP sense, if you were the bouncers in a club, you wouldn't let a load of blokes fighting each other into your bar now would you?

The below is my personal opinion and only intended to further the discussion, it's not a indication of intent by the team as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Would there be a way to prevent people zoning into clubs whilst under fire? In an RP sense, if you were the bouncers in a club, you wouldn't let a load of blokes fighting each other into your bar now would you?
    As the idea of preventing people zoning for a variety of reasons is a heavy feature in this thread, it is not unreasonable to theorise that the same implementation could prevent zoning into sectors of a certain type.

The above is my personal opinion and only intended to further the discussion, it's not a indication of intent by the team as a whole.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    If you zone into a new sector, you start behind the closed door. Opening the closed door to find people there means you can quickly run back through the zone line, as you are already behind the door.

This would prevent zone line camping.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    If you zone into a new sector, you start behind the closed door. Opening the closed door to find people there means you can quickly run back through the zone line, as you are already behind the door.

This would prevent zone line camping.
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but couldn't zoneline campers just hold said door open. This was the case in Neocron 2.1 when MB was the Zonewhore PVP area. People kept the door open. Some people did die, but infrequently.

This thing with the doors.

Do you know how many safezone sync possibilities we have where you can huddle into a safezone to prevent being killed?

There are like a hundred.
    And you want to put DOORS on each of them?
    Like in between Plaza 1/Plaza2 sync?
    Or in between DRE HQ ?

And let's say there are doors. There would be ways to keep the doors open. Or you click on them, run another round and then sync.
    People just would sync earlier which would make the fight last even less long.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    This thing with the doors.

Do you know how many safezone sync possibilities we have where you can huddle into a safezone to prevent being killed?

There are like a hundred.
    And you want to put DOORS on each of them?
    Like in between Plaza 1/Plaza2 sync?
    Or in between DRE HQ ?

And let's say there are doors. There would be ways to keep the doors open. Or you click on them, run another round and then sync.
    People just would sync earlier which would make the fight last even less long.
    When this was the case with MB, some people would regulate the doors and if you timed it just right you could shut the doors in someones face, forcing them into a trap.

If you're one of the people above, or reading this that thinks these doors are a good idea, I would strongly recommend you to take a couple of friends to MB or down into the Gaia Mines where there are doors right in front of the sync lines, and see if you can viably exploit the doors. Pretend to be a runner who is trying to run from one place to another and you come under attack before the door, do the doors open fast enough that you can choose not to PvP and escape the zone?

If you're gonna put slow opening doors in PvP sectors, I'd bet people will stop running through there altogether, because groups of people will make use of those slow doors to kill people who are harmlessly running through.
    Last edited by Cursed Shadow; 29-08-13 at 12:54.