Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Yeah those volunteers sure have been lazy!!!

Just this

Serious question:

Would you pay a monthly subscription for this game in it's current state?

Do you think other people will and the population grow with a subscription model?

Not trying to be nasty I genuinely want people's feedback.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    Serious question:

Would you pay a monthly subscription for this game in it's current state?

Do you think other people will and the population grow with a subscription model?

Not trying to be nasty I genuinely want people's feedback.
    What about the F2P model? (I'm talking about the ones that have item shops etc.)

Players can have shops?

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    What about the F2P model? (I'm talking about the ones that have item shops etc.)
    I understand that might be the course for neocron right now but what if we had the old subscription model? Is Neocron in it's current state worth paying a monthly fee?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

If I walked into it right now as a new subscriber no. If you ask someone who has grown into their thirties about a game they picked up in their early naive twenties if they had any disposable income would they chuck £10 a month towards something that they have loved like a red-headed stepchild then yes I would. I give more than that to charity each month and if it directly benefited the game then I would do it.

I love this game. However I am in a catch 22 because the community currently sucks.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If I walked into it right now as a new subscriber no. If you ask someone who has grown into their thirties about a game they picked up in their early naive twenties if they had any disposable income would they chuck £10 a month towards something that they have loved like a red-headed stepchild then yes I would. I give more than that to charity each month and if it directly benefited the game then I would do it.

I love this game. However I am in a catch 22 because the community currently sucks.
    Charity?! Fucking hippie!

But yeah, I would more than happily pay 10£ a month to play NC.. But as Will said, no newcomer would.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Neocron is running on nostalgia mostly, I feel, and that is not enough to sustain the game. A new gamer will be put off by the old graphics and some outdated game mechanics. The volunteer team have done great keeping the game alive, but can neocron be a commercial success?

It's essentially 11 years old almost and the times have changed. A tight community and cyberpunk atmosphere may be not enough to keep neocron truly alive and thriving. Just my 2 cents or 2 pence.

The hard work put in and the untapped potential keep me playing but that's all.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The hard work put in and the untapped potential keep me playing but that's all.
    Bloody hell.

Is Neocron ol' yella? Should we just scrap what we have and start from scratch?

sat in a slightly different boat i would still love to donate money but i have zero intentions of playing the current iteration of the game. If things improve in time then i would reconsider but there are simply too many reasons to list why im not keen to play right now.

If i was a new subscriber well its hard to say. on the one hand theres all the things we know and love about the game but on the other it is still old.

you can put new makeup on an old hooker and send her out to work but shes still an old hooker. she can do things younger newer girls cant but then she also shows her age at times. hell demon im sure you get that reference most of all right
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Indeed it's why I stopped turning tricks in Amsterdam and now work for EA games.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    Indeed it's why I stopped turning tricks in Amsterdam and now work for EA games.
    You say potato...
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Not only is the game stale and boring - with no real promise in sight to spice things up.
    Gamebreaking bugs are not getting addressed quick enough (even when reported INSTANTLY after a patch/hotfix).

Beam Weapons
    Stealth Bugs
    etc.

I also lost faith in the entire Dev team when stupidly harsh rules were being enforced for 'evil' players. Seems like a blatant attempt to ruin gameplay for a small amount of people. With no real insight into the changes (or any call from the community) makes one wonder really.

Look at other games. Murder is of course punishable - and grief play - however systems are in place to make it a viable play style,
    Adding things like in game bounties/rewards/leader boards for murderer-slayers etc.

I feel that the dialogue between the community and the devs needs to be FAR more open.
    'yes we read every thread'
    'yes we take on everyones opinions'

Doesn't really feel that way.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Lack of information on what is happening, plain and simple. No communication, the same as last time around.
    The facts contradict this comment.

Communication is very good and is provided by Twitter, Facebook and the forums.

Thank you chaps who are making this game better for us. Thank you. xoxo

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast