ha was about 4sec online before I got kicked from the server

i still receive "failed to connect to server" after entering credentials.

Happens when you don't use ESX.

Good suggestion but it has something to do with my new computer running windows 8. I know the info has been sketchy but I don't know how to tell you what I tried except a complete fresh install. Gave admin permissions to the directory directly in the C: drive, disabled the firewall and antivirus, and a lot of other various fooling around. I'm not a computer guy so I really don't know what I'm doing. At one point over the past week (and this is weird), (first- NC had never been able to run since I got this new machine about a month ago.) About a week ago I was on the forums and wanted to describe exactly when it fails (after I hit the launch NC button on the launcher, and yes the hardware config box comes up when launched) so I tried to launch NC and HOLY CR@P it worked! So I logged out of the forums, prepared to play and darn, it didn't work! SO I said OK- some weird permissions thing, I logged back onto these forums, and it worked again! At this point it was time for bed, so I tried it the following night and @#$% nothing worked now. Darn!
    Don't know what to try next but if you can help me get in game the server population with grow by one

By the way, as a side note, this problem occurred about a month ago when I got a new computer, long before the server issues.

@ Toast

I wasn't really talking to anyone, if that's what you meant by "good suggestion".
    It's more of an inside joke about a certain comment by a certain person that basically made him look like a fool. Even more so in the light of recent events.

Regarding your problem (if still present, now that the server seems to be back);

I'd say, since (as you stated) you're not a computer guy, it's best not to 'just do stuff'. Messing up your machine just to get a 10 yo., totally bugged game running is not worth it IMHO. What you could do is this;

Download Virtualbox. It's free. Install a copy of Windows. Windows 7 does work just as well as XP, no idea about Windows 8. All in all, I'd say make the HDD about 30 gigs in size. Install the guest additions and enable 3D-Support, also install DirectX 9. If you can/have the bandwidth, update the system through Windows update. Download the Neocron client and install it. Copy the folder to your desktop, then uninstall the installed client. Afterwards, just start launcher.exe from the directory on your desktop. That's how I run it in parallels and I never had any problems. Also, I can just make a copy to move the client between machines.

If this does work, the issue is with your local installation. If it doesn't, then you should try to get hold of somebody who can check your network for more general errors.

Also, is there anything special about the new machine? Dual GPU's, raid, one of those 'gamer' network cards or anything like that? Any changes to said network?

Point well taken. I suppose 10+ years of this is quite enough. Time to move on.

Are you yet to try running the installer from the main website (now that its back)? The new installer has yet to fail getting our test machines into the game.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Ok, got the fix. After much time screwing around it came down to immediately after a reboot, use "take ownership" application on the NC2 directory. After logging out or being afk a bit, I need to repeat to get back in. f-ing bizzare but it works.

Fixed for good- installed windows 7. When it's obsolete I'm going Mac...

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    Fixed for good- installed windows 7. When it's obsolete I'm going Mac...
    Funny how some of us, didnt have ANY problems installing/running NC on a Win8 machine..
    Even when I used the Win8 Beta, I didnt have any kind of problems installing/running NC.

Just saying..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

ok i'll bite-- exactly what are you just saying, that i really didnt have a problem with win8?

Yeah, because one guy didn't have any problems it means you did not have any problems either : )

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    ok i'll bite-- exactly what are you just saying, that i really didnt have a problem with win8?
    I was trying to say that it was a user error.
    30mins with Microsoft Process Monitor would have found the error, which would have shown that it had nothing to do with the OS.
    Sadly (well, good for me) not a lot of people know about Process Monitor, and when they try it they are completely lost. Which is why I rarely tell people about it.
    And I dont expect a stranger to let me mess about on his computer via. Team Viewer

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    Yeah, because one guy didn't have any problems it means you did not have any problems either : )
    It doesnt mean that he doesnt have any problems, it does however mean that it has nothing to do with Win8.

Sorry about the previous message btw, it probably wasent too friendly.. But when someone say that they want to switch to the devils brand (Apple), I go a bit mad
    I am a massive Microsoft fan-boi, Im not scared of admitting that (I've been asked several times if I dont Work for MS PR).
    Not saying that Microsoft is perfect, just as close as humanly possible <3
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast