Default game keeps crashing on log in

game loads from the launcher when I enter account details and password like normal hit enter and game hangs then crashes client exe

nm seen anouncement
    BAD ASS 74/65 NERFED HYB {apu now}
    BLACK SOUL 79/67 RIFLE PE

AND SOMEOTHERS I WONT SAY

The servers are currently down for maintenance
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by damien vryce View Post
    game loads from the launcher when I enter account details and password like normal hit enter and game hangs then crashes client exe

nm seen anouncement

Actually the announcement just makes waiting for any type of fix take longer. I've done 4 formats, 2 versions of windows, and tried loading it up in linux with wine and all have this same problem and have had it for a few days now since I've tried coming back. Got multiple terabytes of space, more ram and GPU power than even the latest games need, all drivers up to date, etc. Launcher works, patcher works, hardware config works, intro works, entering login info works, click 'Enter' and it dies. Got to char creation once out of more than 100 fails and haven't seen it since. I've done all the fixes and theories I could find in these forums and it's all a no go.

There is nothing to connect to at the moment loopback. You did read that didnt you? Or am I completely missing something?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    There is nothing to connect to at the moment loopback. You did read that didnt you? Or am I completely missing something?
    Was thinking the same thing..
    No point in trying before migrating is done.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Apparently you're both missing the part saying 'FEW DAYS' =P

Stealth Wipe Victim

Quote Originally Posted by Loopback View Post
    How long is a "few days" because there was downtime on Sunday as well?

Which versions of Windows did you try? If Vista/7/8, read the posts about getting it working on Windows 7 (install to root of C:, run as admin and XP compatibility mode). If XP or below search for firewall ports you need to forward.
    Originally posted by Danae
    Umm...anything you find private msg me first or I will kick your butt so far up your body when you burp it'll smell of poo! Err I mean I will be unhappy...

Got multiple terabytes of space, more ram and GPU power than even the latest games need, all drivers up to date, etc.
    Are you thinking it's a good thing? This is 2003 game, a 2013 computer is simply not the environment it was made for.

Try "Client.exe PlayTutorial" to start the "offline mode" and find out if the problem is on your side or network/server side.
    "Client.exe -precache PlayTutorial" if that fails.
    Last edited by Agent L; 19-06-13 at 11:19.

https://twitter.com/GM_Zoltan

A small update from Zoltan on Twitter. The data transfer is complete, and he's configuring the server.

No ETA yet, except when it's done.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    The data transfer is complete(...)
    Can you tell us how much data it was?
    Coz datacenters are usually sitting on quite fat pipes yet it still looked like sending a hdd via Deutsche Post would be faster : )

It must be some kind of weird hobby of Zoltan to move servers around every once in a while
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    Coz datacenters are usually sitting on quite fat pipes yet it still looked like sending a hdd via Deutsche Post would be faster : )
    Please bare in mind Zoltan needed to factor in a few hours sleep as well. Although you might think it, he is not a robot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    It must be some kind of weird hobby of Zoltan to move servers around every once in a while
    You'd think so.

With Neocron being Neocron we of course ran into Murphy and his law a few times when establishing a better foundation for the servers after we moved back from Canada. This time around we have planned to make this move and not be forced to move due to issues with a particular host. The new infrastructure is in a better connected data centre which should translate to better pings (for some of you). On top of that this is a much more powerful server so we can spread out a bit to make the game server more stable and easier to manage. We've also got more capacity which enables us to improve our internal testing environments and provide Sparta, which will be a big player in the continued improvement to the game.

This is another step on the road to make a better Neocron, for everyone.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Please bare in mind Zoltan needed to factor in a few hours sleep as well. Although you might think it, he is not a robot.
    It's a misunderstanding. I was referring exclusively to transfer times Zoltan posted on his twitter. First estimate was 26 hours, then he took different approach with estimate of 9 hours (looks like he compressed it or cut away some ballast before sending). I said nothing about the time he needed to prepare the transfer nor get new servers up and running.
    I'm just wondering what amount of data takes 9 hours to push through datacenter-sized connection. Purely "useless facts" type of question, no nagging intended.

/edit: I am aware that obtaining physical access to a server in proper datacenter usually takes much more than 26 hours. If possible at all.
    Last edited by Agent L; 19-06-13 at 13:59.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast