Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vehicles

Vehicles can be bought at any ASG shop. They are bought in the form of a key which upon activation will be put in the owners vehicle pool. This pool can be accessed by going to a vehicle spawn terminal. The first one you will encounter is right at the entrance to Neocron City in the outzone.

Vehicles take damage and can be destroyed. They are (with the exception of the Jones Quad) expensive to repair. Combat vehicles also require specific combat skills. Many new players aim to become combat drivers although I would advise against this for a new player as it is both expensive and niche (there is not much need for combat drivers in PvP). A Rhino tank, for example, costs around 1 million credits. There is some scope for hunting particular mobs in vehicles although it is not really a suitable way to level from 0/2 to cap.

Commonly Used Expressions and FAQ

Slang

When you first enter Neocron you will probably be bombarded by slang and abbreviations that you simply don’t understand. Heres a list of the most important things.

Pokes/Pokers
    A ‘poke’ is the slang for getting an implant inserted into your brain. Most people don’t have any implant skill and need another person to do this for them. You will probably see things like ‘Need tl 115 poker at ……’.

PK’er
    This is someone who actively searches for someone to kill. This may be used as an insult, or simply used to describe people who partake in PvP.

Conster/Resser
    You have probably guessed this one already, it means a constructer or a researcher. Repairer is often shortened to ‘repper’ too.

Techs
    These are the rare parts required to build a rare weapon. You will probably often see someone advertising in trade ’WTB unressed techs’ and so on.

Drugflash
    This is the sideaffect of using drugs ingame. When the drug wears off your screen will go blurry (similar to static on a TV) and your movement will be affected. This can be mitigated somewhat by retaking the drug although it is indeed possible to overdose and die.

WTB/WTS/WTT
    Wanting to buy, wanting to sell, wanting to trade,

You will discover more, but they are mostly easy to guess. I haven’t included common internet abbreviation, as you can just do a google search for them or else wikipedia them.

FAQ

How do I get into my appartment?

Use the NavRay to lead you to 'Primary Appartment'. The password is your character's name.

What are these 'quick access belts' I see lying around?

Un-LE'd players will drop one (maybe more depending on soullight) item at random upon death. The first slot in your quickbar is an item that won't drop. These belts can be hacked open by other players. You can return to your belt and open it to regain your item.

How do I enable/disable player trade?

Pressing ALT + k will toggle trade on and off. It is a good idea to turn it off during PvP as some unscrupulous players may attempt to open trade with you to distract/slow you.

How do I GenRep to other locations?

You can only GenRep to locations where you have 'tagged' the teleporter. You need to pay a fee of 150nc to activate GenReps.

Where can I buy furnishings for my appartment?

There is a vendor in Via Rosso 1.

I'm stuck! How can I fix this!?

Type '/set reset_position 1' this will freeze you and return you to a fixed point in the sector after 1 minute.

How do I start a clan?

Clan keys can be bought from FSMs

What is an FSM?

These are vendors in each factions HQs that sell special items. You need to be a member of the faction and have 90 sympathy with that faction to purchase items.

What is an epic mission?

Each faction has it's own epic quest series. This series can be started at level 10, but the final mission requires a level of xx/45. Many of the epic quest reward items are much sought after by other players.

Can I change faction?

Yes. It costs 300,000 nc and requires 50 faction sympathy with the respective faction

Where is a good place to level?Can I change faction?

I don't want to ruin the fun of exploring and trial and error too much, but popular leveling areas are Sewers, Aggressor Cellars, Military Base, El Farid, Chaos Caves and Regent's Legacy. If you want better suggestions or information on how to find these places consult another player.

[If you have any suggestions/improvements for this article please post a reply below]
    Last edited by Deno; 14-03-13 at 02:04.