Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    Glad to know that the Intel 400 only gives 60 FPS, which means the Asus UX31a is out of the question as it has the same GFX card. I am still interested in the Asus UX32VD ( has the nvidia 620M). The PC has to achieve consistently 90 FPS in Neocron and some good FPS in Xonotic.
    It's giving 60 because it is VSynced (framerate capped to the refresh rate of the monitor). If vsync was disabled, it would achieve something higher (as it never dips below 60). As Neocron is CPU limited significantly more than it is GPU limited, I don't think it matters massively. (It's worth noting that disabling vsynch isn't recommended for NC. It leads to more frequent issues, and having a framerate different to your refresh rate inevitably leads to worse graphical appearance. However some people with some systems find that vsynched NC gives mouselag issues and hence disable it.) Xonotic shouldn't be an issue, as I'd expect Optimus to pick up on that.

I do not know of small and light notebooks that have he ATI cards in it other than the Samsung Series 7 ( AMD Radeon HD 6490M ) yet this comes only with an i5 2430M. I prefer i7 to be future proof for at least 4 years.
    I wouldn't necessarily obsess over the i7, unless you intend to do a lot of virtualization.
    The i5-2430M has comparable or better gaming performance that a bunch of i7s even, http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-C...r.53435.0.html (measureably better than the i7 3517U in the ultrabook for example) , performance differences of 10-15% in a single componenent now will appear irrelevant in 4 years time. Quad core of course will bring advantages in certain applications (less so games) now and that gap is only likely to get bigger as more applications make use of "n" cores (and the i7 3630QM does seem to storm home in the benchmarks,

Windows problem? Optimus problem? Neocron client problem?
    It's an optimus problem, probably cause by the Neocron client doing things in a very old fashioned way.
    I believe it is possible to disable Optimus and have permanent nVidia or permanent Intel graphics, but at the cost of battery life or 3D performance respectively. But seeing as the HD4000 is actually an awful lot of graphics power for Neocron, I don't really see this mattering that much.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Glad you clarified the VSync. My current notebook jumps up and down from 3 to 90 FPS all the time. In the meantime I may well enable VSync. I'll await the release of the G46VW, which'll likely be available next year. Cheers.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I'm currently having this issue as well. Trying to figure out how to force it to use the nvidia GPU rather than the intel HD4000. When I try to add the client.exe in the nvidia control panel program settings, it seems to think that is associated with phantasy star online 2.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    I'm currently having this issue as well. Trying to figure out how to force it to use the nvidia GPU rather than the intel HD4000. When I try to add the client.exe in the nvidia control panel program settings, it seems to think that is associated with phantasy star online 2.
    I've asked this question before myself. I have an NVidia Optimus setup (680M & HD4000), and although the NC client insists its using the Intel, Optimus does actually do its job and switch over to the NVidia when in game.

Run MSI Afterburner and you'll see the NVidia is being used. It is for me anyway.

Also, a note: You cannot disable Optimus. It is simply not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    I've asked this question before myself. I have an NVidia Optimus setup (680M & HD4000), and although the NC client insists its using the Intel, Optimus does actually do its job and switch over to the NVidia when in game.

Run MSI Afterburner and you'll see the NVidia is being used. It is for me anyway.

Also, a note: You cannot disable Optimus. It is simply not possible.
    Cool, thanks. Just wanted to make sure it was actually using the GTX660m rather than the HD4000.
    One very odd thing I have noticed is that I can't show FPS and PING by pressing Alt+F , the Alt key does work in game as I am able to togle between first and third person ok as well as enabling the mini map. Will also test with an external keyboard when I get a chance.
    TERRA:

I'll release a small fix for workaround this until its getting fixed by a patch.

We have to test if the workaround works well or its just warming up your pc ;p

Z
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Okay I've completed the workaround.

This "hack" could work on your system this is no guarantee!

Download THIS and extract the content in your Neocron game path.

If the hack is working Neocron will not recognize your GPU but the drivers should now be able to force the GPU to work with the client.

Please give me feedback if this solution is working with your machine or not.

NOTE: THIS FIX IS FOR NVIDIA (OPTIMUS) USERS ONLY
    Last edited by Bifrost; 12-12-14 at 02:03. Reason: Update URL
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post

If the hack is working Neocron will not recognize your GPU but the drivers should now be able to force the GPU to work with the client.

Wow, so I was wrong.

I installed this, ramped up all the settings in NVidia control panel to Max and NC now looks pretty damn nice. AA and all the filtering at max!

Nice work Zoltan!

Tried your patch, Zoltan.
    It completed well, yet rescanning for h/w in NC launcher just deteched the Intel GPU instead of the null entries I expected to see.

P.S bought a G46vw (i7-3840, Crucial m4 masts 256gb, Seagate 500gb hybrid momentus, nvidea gtx600), andgames are great!

//edit. Noticed you said to extract the contents into the NC directory. I did, but it contains a .exe, which I ran. It said it had patched something ....

i started a german thread and have some issues with the hack zoltan ; http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...-und-notebooks

plz read there zoltan, my english is to bad ^^
    SWAT Hooo...lange ist es her.

Chars:
    Hammer (PPU), Brian Szardak (TANK), Boon (PE), Butsch (APU), Amboss (support) , Mrs Amboss (Support), Niemand (Spy)

In some cases you have to start the NeocronLauncher directly from the neocron path or you'll get a black screen.

Don't worry about the "wrong" adapter in the gfx settings, Neocron will run with the right GPU. Ignore that.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

...Don't worry about the "wrong" adapter in the gfx settings, Neocron will run with the right GPU. Ignore that.
    Ok. How can I verify the nvidea card is in use?

Ok. How can I verify the nvidea card is in use?
    Nvidia should have installed it's GPU activity monitor into your system tray, it's the little box with the horizontal lines on it. That should tell you.

Hi,

The Nvidia task bar icon does not indicate that a particular game or programme is making use of it.

There are profiles available, and there are two entries: Neocron Evolution 2, and Neocron Optimus Fix.
    I've set both to force Nvidea card on, and tried toggeling with vsync on and off, but there is no change. The FPS always remains fixed on 60 FPS (or is it 62) and I continue to have mouse lag whether its set to vsync of or off. I cannot find any method to verify that NC is running on any particular card.

The only entry in the Init.Log is this:
    Enumerating sound and mixer modes . . .
    Selecting drivers and modes . . .
    -> Display: (D3D9) Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (driver)
    -> Display: 1366x768x32 (mode)

Hmmm, makes me think Nvidia is not being used.
    Annoyingly the Intel 4000 has only two option for vsync: on | let the application decide.
    If NC decides to use vsync then it will always be on.
    Sadly, Intel decided to be fucktards so it will always run with vsync enabled:
    http://communities.intel.com/thread/30865

I don't care anymore whether it uses nVidia or not. I'd prefer not to have mouse lag instead.

Cheers, z

Does anyone else also have the issue were pressing Alt+F does not bring up the FPS and Ping? Alt+M brings up the mini map etc, I'm running NC on win8 (for now) with GTX 660m, nvidia optimus is enabled although as above it doesn't seem to detect nc.

Not sure why fps and ping won't display, bit of an odd one I think.
    TERRA:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast