für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Default Make higher Hacktools worth something (or remove them)

One thing that bugged me all the time when playing Neocron is, that there are alot of different Hacktools around (just as any other tool, plus one special one), but they have no use.
    I think either they should go away, or they should get a functionality, so that its worth something to use them.

For example the number of energy points (or whatever its called, the klicks you send for hacking) could depend on the tool, while the difficulty would still rely on the hackskill.
    Just one thought how it could be, that the items are useless and around is what resomehow bugs me, might also confuse beginners (seems there are still some ;-))
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

some people keep insisting that the higher tl hacktools actually give you more of those "energy points", but ive never seen that for myself. I agree that it should in a perfect world be either one hacktool, or some actual difference between them.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)