Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    When you think about it there's absolutely no good reason for changing direction at this point. We have a team that understands the codebase probably better than at any time since NC was first written, and they're doing it all for free. What's not to love?

Take this patch for example. There are major changes behind the scenes (changes bigger than anything KK ever did post NC2 - including the ill-fated attempt at item tracking) which is why we have some issues to solve, but I know from experience over the decade I've been doing this job that the people solving them today are far more on the ball, and far more dedicated (and communicative!) than at any time during those 10 years.

I'm not having a go at anyone personally here, but it's true to say that the care and support of the game we all love no longer stops at 5PM on Friday afternoon, to name but one example. It's hard to see why anyone would want to alter a situation like that.
    I have to agree!
    It honestly feel like the volunteer team have done more work on NC (well.. Good work..), than was done in the 6-7 years I played before they "took over".
    And that is seriously astonishing, when thinking it is done in free time, without making any money.
    The volunteers have my deepest respect! They have honestly saved the game that we all Love (and at times, hate ).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I would love Double xp but (always a but) we got double xp a little while ago. That was for the efforts on vedeena of testers...remember reach 100 and we give ya a weekend of double xp..did we reach 100 ..no but we still got double xp.

Patches are rolling out alot now and its amazing but if more than the 20 odd people who actually go on testerver, then these kind of problems would slow down. Everyone moans and complains about bugs yet when asked by a bunch of awesome volunteers for help testing majority of people havent got the time. Ive been back a few months and still not capped a char so the excuse of i need to level sucks lol.

Not a dig at anyone in particular but if we all love nc as much as people say then maybe just maybe we could make more of a effort to test the patches on vedeena and actually properly report the bugs found.

/my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Weazeler View Post
    I would love Double xp but (always a but) we got double xp a little while ago. That was for the efforts on vedeena of testers...remember reach 100 and we give ya a weekend of double xp..did we reach 100 ..no but we still got double xp.

Patches are rolling out alot now and its amazing but if more than the 20 odd people who actually go on testerver, then these kind of problems would slow down. Everyone moans and complains about bugs yet when asked by a bunch of awesome volunteers for help testing majority of people havent got the time. Ive been back a few months and still not capped a char so the excuse of i need to level sucks lol.

Not a dig at anyone in particular but if we all love nc as much as people say then maybe just maybe we could make more of a effort to test the patches on vedeena and actually properly report the bugs found.

/my opinion
    Props to you sir.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

double exp is always a good idea to bring ppl back into the game !

I don't care as long as I can fkn get back to my leveling!
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

When you think about it there's absolutely no good reason for changing direction at this point. We have a team that understands the codebase probably better than at any time since NC was first written, and they're doing it all for free. What's not to love?

Take this patch for example. There are major changes behind the scenes (changes bigger than anything KK ever did post NC2 - including the ill-fated attempt at item tracking) which is why we have some issues to solve, but I know from experience over the decade I've been doing this job that the people solving them today are far more on the ball, and far more dedicated (and communicative!) than at any time during those 10 years.

I'm not having a go at anyone personally here, but it's true to say that the care and support of the game we all love no longer stops at 5PM on Friday afternoon, to name but one example. It's hard to see why anyone would want to alter a situation like that.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Weazeler View Post

/my opinion
    And this.

old returning player Optimus Crime's Avatar

ugh all the good exp spots would be overrun with people..and the chaos caves would be more swarmed with backloggers taking out the queen all the time..more then currently is being done...

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

This. ^

As always thanks to all the volunteers for all their hard work.
    We are seeing real progress and major issues actually being tackled. Yes, there are bugs and issues coming up as a result of the patches, but it's all a learning and developing process, which will help make the game better and more like it should have been all those years ago.

I think people need to be realistic about things and remember, the game is free, the devs are support and developing this on their own time, give them your support whatever way you can to help.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

I genuinely amazes me that people still complain about the work the volunteers are doing, for free.

You literally must have no idea how much work they're putting in. I'd be willing to bet that some of those guys put the same number of hours into developing/improving NC as they do their actual day jobs.

As usual, unequivocal respect to the development team.

I wanna see swamp caves come back as a good leveling place!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beta 4:Alex Thompsun - Melee Tank

NC1:
    Uranus:Silent W - Rifle Spy(Underworld - TT)
    Saturn:Captain Morgan - PPU (NeG32 - Crahn)

NC2:
    Terra: Dubzilla - Rifle Spy - (Clan Xero - TG)
    Titan: Warbot Cola - Research // Captain Morgan - HC Tank // Jack Nicholson - Rifle PE

- Mature, experienced player looking for a trustworthy clan for PvP and hunting.

@thewarbot on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Druid311 View Post
    I wanna see swamp caves come back as a good leveling place!
    And the graves, the problem is that damage in those places is just too ridiculous right now
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

They said there would be another double XP weekend this weekend to make up for all this didn't they? I remember hearing that but I couldn't find anything about it. Are they or did you guys plant that thought in my head? If so when will it start, Saturday morning?
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Genji View Post
    They said there would be another double XP weekend this weekend to make up for all this didn't they? I remember hearing that but I couldn't find anything about it. Are they or did you guys plant that thought in my head? If so when will it start, Saturday morning?
    yeah they said it officially. I dont know when it starts though. Maybe friday night maybe saturday morning. Its not been announced so all of this is just pure speculation on my part.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The rest of this discussion belongs here.
    Last edited by Mokoi; 07-02-13 at 23:25.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123