Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    You are aware that spies actually can get better resists from nanites, than from PPU shields, right?
    Sorry, no. That's just simply not true.

I have to say I think the OP hit the nail on the head, but he went about it the wrong way.

He addressed two of the biggest issues in the game right now, that is

- Balance of classes
    and
    - Tech drop rates

I don't see the need to roll back to nc1, and I played nc1, a lot, but I think that if these two issues can start to be addressed then I would really appriciate what zoltan is doing.

I also think that the people working on it have a monumental task. The code is clearly in a mess from the KK days and actually the couple of community patches have fixed more in a shorter time than KK ever did
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Sorry, no. That's just simply not true.
    yes it is, 5 or 6 doses of nanites equal higher resists in 1 damagetype than ppu shields.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Neocron 1 was my favorite personally. It sucks that the codebase is gone, but things happen. What I really wish we could get back were the old player models/animations. I don't like the Neocron 2 player models at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post
    yes it is, 5 or 6 doses of nanites equal higher resists in 1 damagetype than ppu shields.
    He said better resists, not a better single resist. IIRC it takes about 6 to equal or go 1-2% over PPU shields.

I suppose if you pump all of your con into xray and energy you could get better resists than a ppu. However I felt the spirit behind the comment was that you can get better resists(overall, the entire set)to perform better in pvp/op fighting, which is simply not true. Being able to raise energy over a PPU's buffs meanwhile destroying your con setup, is fairly irrelevant.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    He said better resists, not a better single resist. IIRC it takes about 6 to equal or go 1-2% over PPU shields.

I suppose if you pump all of your con into xray and energy you could get better resists than a ppu. However I felt the spirit behind the comment was that you can get better resists(overall, the entire set)to perform better in pvp/op fighting, which is simply not true. Being able to raise energy over a PPU's buffs meanwhile destroying your con setup, is fairly irrelevant.
    I obviously didnt mean better resists than a PPU, but better resists than the spy would have with the foreign cast PPU shields. And yes you do have to make your build for, making it VERY useless in opfights (eventhough I actually think Jini used nanites for opfights, for quite some time).

I could be wrong about the better resists though, I havent checked up on nanites for ages, and I REALLY dont remember unimportant stuff
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I am sure (being human) that we are all putting on our pink glasses and remembering the good and not the bad with this but there are things we would all wish to see back which will take time to fix..
    ^THIS!

And I hate it when people whine about balence. It's as balenced as it has been in god knows how long. PPU's, tanks, and spys are all fine. I'll tell you exactly what needs done to make balence perfect..

1. Lower the damage of dissy/ak by a VERY SMALL amount. People whine but they're only OP a very small bit, maybe dissy more then ak.
    2. Actually make lower level rares work! Example: a judge does like 2 damage a hit to a tank.
    3. Increase APU defence/resist, there damage is perfect.

APU's can have more energy resist in con AND from armor then a spy but will still take more damage then a spy from the exact same all energy weapon. APU's damage is perfectly fine as it is, if they just didn't get ripped through like a wet paper towel they would be in a good place. Making the lower level weapons actually work like they sould would make PE's good again, MAYBE a SMALL increase to they're defene.
    Do those 3 things and balence would be fine...

And as for Melee tanks...Shut the fuck up about them. They are perfectly fine, I made a melee tank and him killed people unbelievably easy. So easy that I had so much fun I couldn't stop untill I was -99 soul light.

edit: Please change the 15 END on the MOVEON to 15 ATL.
    8 transpost, 8 health, and 15 atlehtics won't make the MOVEON as powerfull as the PPR, but it will atleast make it useful instead of worthless.
    Last edited by Genji; 06-02-13 at 19:37.
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234