Default Double XP after rollback and patch mess up?

Although the patch did some great stuff with the netcode all the bugs have made it unviable...

This particularly affects american people and people who work until late as those people continued to level and grind techs etc while the server was in a mess.

Is there any chance we could have a day or two of double xp to help us catch up, for the day of test mode and evening of bugs? I know its not a big deal and we don't pay a subscription, but I think zoltan/alduin will win some brownie points with the community if you say sorry for insufficient testing and give us a little double xp so we can catch up on lost time?
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

We should actually slap ourselves around for the insufficient testing. As far as I know, the problems surfaced during load, something that the team is trying to get going on the test server. Unfortunately it is an uphill struggle, the team can only do so much, they cannot create the load necessary without our help.
    In the end, the tests are forced to be conducted on the live server.

As for the double xp, I'm either or in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    Although the patch did some great stuff with the netcode all the bugs have made it unviable...

This particularly affects american people and people who work until late as those people continued to level and grind techs etc while the server was in a mess.

Is there any chance we could have a day or two of double xp to help us catch up, for the day of test mode and evening of bugs? I know its not a big deal and we don't pay a subscription, but I think zoltan/alduin will win some brownie points with the community if you say sorry for insufficient testing and give us a little double xp so we can catch up on lost time?
    "All the bugs"? I haven't run into too many of them, and have leveled since and after.

Double xp? What was it, 2-4 hours it was having issues, if that? At best this is a far reach.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

LOM God & RPOS Designer Michael Corvin's Avatar

No No No... heavy issues... we need one week of TRIPLE xp ... daddy needs to get capped =D

NC Ambient-Trance: (EN) / (DE) | Corvin's RPOS Collection | Corvin Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
    .. daddy needs to get capped =D
    Daddy needs a new plasma gun too. Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I vote for half XP for 2 days after all the work put in, as a thank you to the people working on this game still.
    > Caster : relax we are not here fir pvp
    >You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies. > You lost a little soullight.
    > we are
    > You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin. > You lost a little soullight.
    > think yaself lucky boy

I think double xp or something would be a good idea and was speaking with many people about a patch issue in the past and how the GM's gave compensation GM spawn items to players who it effected. May this would be a better idea then double XP again. If anything were about to come out of it ofc. As we dont know how long the down time / test state will be fore we cannot really comment on the situation as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdies View Post
    I think double xp or something would be a good idea and was speaking with many people about a patch issue in the past and how the GM's gave compensation GM spawn items to players who it effected. May this would be a better idea then double XP again. If anything were about to come out of it ofc. As we dont know how long the down time / test state will be fore we cannot really comment on the situation as such.
    IMO, although it'd be lovely to have double xp as a standard, this is exactly what will happen if at every opportunity the community cries out for double xp, and it's granted, every time some one changes something with regards to how the game works, and there's a little down time!

The game's being worked on, just enjoy it!
    > Caster : relax we are not here fir pvp
    >You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies. > You lost a little soullight.
    > we are
    > You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin. > You lost a little soullight.
    > think yaself lucky boy

Double xp is a gift, not a right!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
    No No No... heavy issues... we need one week of TRIPLE xp ... daddy needs to get capped =D
    /signed
    Mein Youtube Kanal: www.xlenium.de

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Double xp is a gift, not a right!
    I never said it was a right and never will say that, we are very gifted to have suck wonderful mods running the game

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ancient View Post
    IMO, although it'd be lovely to have double xp as a standard, this is exactly what will happen if at every opportunity the community cries out for double xp, and it's granted, every time some one changes something with regards to how the game works, and there's a little down time!

The game's being worked on, just enjoy it!
    Agreed.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I actually think people asking for double exp when a rollback happens is more understandable than for downtime, with a rollback there is a genuine tangible loss that happens to everyone who played in the effected times, this doesn't happen with simple downtimes.

That being said, I also don't want double exp to be expected after every problem. Anyway double exp time won't help those of us who were rare part hunting but it at least provides a good opportunity to start another character if you were planning on doing it at some point.

Small Pepper-Park rat :p Tenchiro's Avatar

How's about a double rollback for crying for double xp?
    ----------------------
    IT TOOK ME HALF A DAY TO FIND OUT WHAT “BRATHERING” MEANS.
    THE ANSWER IS EASY. IT'S GERMAN NOT ENGLISH –

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
    How's about a double rollback for crying for double xp?
    I laughed
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast