At what time is the Feb 4th database backup taken?

Got my first rare together and constructed full artifact 1 slot at about 6:00 CET on that day
    Nixon / Slick Mink / Kitsune

LOM God & RPOS Designer Michael Corvin's Avatar

... Smells like Double XP ... hmm ... is giving these Problems a positive Spin ^^

NC Ambient-Trance: (EN) / (DE) | Corvin's RPOS Collection | Corvin Chronicles

Chairwoman FA

Default after patch# 179 today at 16:33 hrs

I took a TG Raygun Rifle out of my cab into my inventory, then turned around to put it into the gogu (to deliver it later today to a friend)
    The weapon sadly went into cyberspace and never arrived in my gogu or came back to my inventory

If needed, I can provide a screen shot
    Ressi Blade
    Major General House DoY - Titan
    Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra
    Chairwoman Fallen Angels Mars

Can you tell us when the rollback comes?

i already lost the work of 20 hours monk lvling including all parts i found ..... playing / lvling when the database will be set to 04.02 is even for a game like neocrack pretty senseless....

tbh i dont understand in general why this anti-pve patch comes now(after 70% of the players got at least 1 WoC Char).

Just to fuck up the guys that have a real life(or came after the xp weekend back) or why?

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by WooT View Post

i already lost the work of 20 hours monk lvling including all parts i found ..... playing / lvling when the database will be set to 04.02 is even for a game like neocrack pretty senseless....

tbh i dont understand in general why this anti-pve patch comes now(after 70% of the players got at least 1 WoC Char).

Just to fuck up the guys that have a real life(or came after the xp weekend back) or why?
    I think you need to chill out.
    The devs are doing a lot of work and making real progress. Unfortunately NC still has a habit of creating weirdness when patched (anyone else remember KK's patches which would be followed by a hotfix to fix what the patch broke and then another hotfix to fix what the hotfix broke)

Also it's hardly an anti-pve patch. If anything the position updating fixes they are putting in place should make pve work better.
    And hopefully lead to less incidents were you can't loot a mob even though you are standing on top of it, yet when you relog it is in fact somewhere else.
    Last edited by Netphreak; 05-02-13 at 18:05.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

You've played 20hrs since whenever the 04/FEB backup was taken? And the patch is not designed to be anti-pve at all, its all improving the game play in all areas.

The dev's are doing this out of their own time and pocket, I seriously doubt it is to fuck us around.

The rollback will come once they have managed to work out the bugs with the current patch.

I saw Alduin on IRC say this earlier: Alduin|work the eta is: the more you test, the more you report, the sooner we can fix it

Now to me, this means any kind of a bug needs to be reported into the Bug Forum, and not just chatted about either on ingame chat, or IRC, but actualyl as a thread or post on the forums. The more information the dev team can get, the better the game will be for all of us
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by nEo-1664 View Post
    Now to me, this means any kind of a bug needs to be reported into the Bug Forum, and not just chatted about either on ingame chat, or IRC, but actually as a thread or post on the forums. The more information the dev team can get, the better the game will be for all of us
    This stands for every issue you encounter regardless of the server being in test drive mode or not. I think we've proved with the work we've done so far that we're dedicated to improving the quality of the game and have done so since we took over.

Regarding to what point the server will be rolled back to;
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi
    In any case, the database will be restored to the state of February 4th (pre patch) after the evaluation period has ended.
    An additional back up was taken during preparations (~2100 GMT) for R#179 go live, that will be the point the servers are returned to should a roll-back occur. Less than 20 hours ago.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

thanks for the info.

happy debugging and see you back in the future.

*dusting off the delorean*
    damaged - apu
    managed - ppu
    chosen - tank
    root - PE

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    tbh, the incredible runspeed is an highly underestaminated mistake did in 2007. We should find a way back to (CON SETUP > RUNSPEED), to become the game more NC1/2'ish again

dont let NC degrade to bunnyhopping sillyness. slower movement means more tactics. i'd prefer thinking as a combat requirement over shaking your mouse any time.

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    This stands for every issue you encounter regardless of the server being in test drive mode or not. I think we've proved with the work we've done so far that we're dedicated to improving the quality of the game and have done so since we took over.
    I completely agree. I can only imagine how it bugs you guys when players chat about bugs that have not been reported. It bloody bugs the crap out of me! Moaning about a bug, but doing nothing about it AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Just report it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Regarding to what point the server will be rolled back to;

An additional back up was taken during preparations (~2100 GMT) for R#179 go live, that will be the point the servers are returned to should a roll-back occur. Less than 20 hours ago.
    Thank you for the clarification on the backup time estimate. Hopefully this should stop others complaining about loosing game time when it is rolled back to this backup

As always, thank you guys for what you are doing
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

why put another cap or curve on a skill, if we keep tosing these on why not just make everyone the same lol, as a malee tank i spec a ton of agl and ath, take that away and malee damage would need to be upped 10 fold. stop capping and curving, dumb down all points evenly or we might as well just toss 50 in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    tbh, the incredible runspeed is an highly underestaminated mistake did in 2007. We should find a way back to (CON SETUP > RUNSPEED), to become the game more NC1/2'ish again
    I completely disagree. If you want to hit runspeed you need to look into other things as well then, like the foreign cast buff penalties, or APUs would die even faster so would spies. Its all tied together, so no, for the love of god do not touch runspeed before its thought through. I pvp'ed 2-3 hours straight in p2 after patch and i could hit people they could hit me. Its a non-issue. Seriously.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Nsomnia View Post
    why put another cap or curve on a skill, if we keep tosing these on why not just make everyone the same lol, as a malee tank i spec a ton of agl and ath, take that away and malee damage would need to be upped 10 fold. stop capping and curving, dumb down all points evenly or we might as well just toss 50 in everything.
    It seemed to work pretty well in NC1/NC2, when balanced with the weapon drawn speed reductions.
    As far as I know/remember it was a soft-cap, so you could still overspec above that, it's just the run-speed advantages/curve was flatter above the soft-cap

E.g. a melee tank had to be in their opponents face to do damage, so put them at greater risk but melee weapons had little speed reduction when drawn so allowed them to dodge more easily compared to a H-C tank.
    Same with pistols vrs rifles, trading off damage for speed and easier aiming.
    Last edited by Netphreak; 05-02-13 at 19:03.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    It seemed to work pretty well in NC1/NC2, when balanced with the weapon drawn speed reductions.
    As far as I know/remember it was a soft-cap, so you could still overspec above that, it's just the run-speed advantages/curve was flatter above the soft-cap

E.g. a melee tank had to be in their opponents face to do damage, so put them at greater risk but melee weapons had little speed reduction when drawn so allowed them to dodge more easily compared to a H-C tank.
    Same with pistols vrs rifles, trading off damage for speed and easier aiming.
    Agreed. Lets see how it shakes out in the patch though.

Lol at the guy who has played 20 hours in the last 24 though and then asks if the Devs care about people who have real lives. The irony made me chuckle.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Even the irony in this post is ironic.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast