Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Roughly 75% of the current population has an LE in their head. Thats three quarters of the active population that willingly chooses the LE playstyle. So we're talking about nerfing the vast majority of the population. I can't think of a better way to lose players. I would love to see the Devs try this lol I thought the most important thing for the continued survival of the game was to gain players, which they have done with the anti-cheat and fresh server. This whole conversation is utterly counter-productive.
    Uh...what? Who said anything about nerfing people that have LE's? And you think this conversation is counter-productive? You think if people had incentive(keyword) to take out their LE, they would leave the game? That's such BS, this game was doing great back when they had the old system in place(remove your LE, gain more exp). And if the majority of players have LE's in right now(which I believe you're right about that)...it's a problem.

Please believe me when I say that the population would take it as a huge effin nerf if they added an XP negative for wearing an LE. You can count on that.

Yes I do think this conversation is counter-productive, by doing this you would certainly drive people away, not entice them to take the LE out. It's never a good idea to try to steer people into doing something they don't want to do in the first place. Especially if the direction is in the minority by a huge amount.

The game is absolutely not the same as it was way back in NC1 when the LE nerf (have an LE in and be penalized with less XP) was in place. Please stop using this as an excuse it's such BS. It's not a problem if the vast majority of people want to keep their LE in while leveling.

Mostly people will level with the LE in order to cap then pop it out so they can PVP. Nerfing XP for wearing an LE will only serve to hinder the leveling process, it will certainly be perceived this way. And what about all the people who have already leveled to cap unaffected by this LE nerf? This may have been somewhat plausible at the release of Titan but to implement it now would be retarded.

The vast majority of people playing don't seem to have any problem with the way the LE is now, why on Earth would they fuck with it? Certainly not to appease the 7 or 8 people on these forums who don't like it.

Roughly 75% of the current population has an LE in their head. Thats three quarters of the active population that willingly chooses the LE playstyle. So we're talking about nerfing the vast majority of the population. I can't think of a better way to lose players.
    People leave it in because "why bother taking it out?". Also, people play because they love the game, which makes me seriously doubt they'd quit over something like getting killed. If they're going to get upset and leave just because they died a few times in a video game they need to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Please believe me when I say that the population would take it as a huge effin nerf if they added an XP negative for wearing an LE. You can count on that.

Yes I do think this conversation is counter-productive, by doing this you would certainly drive people away, not entice them to take the LE out. It's never a good idea to try to steer people into doing something they don't want to do in the first place. Especially if the direction is in the minority by a huge amount.

The game is absolutely not the same as it was way back in NC1 when the LE nerf (have an LE in and be penalized with less XP) was in place. Please stop using this as an excuse it's such BS. It's not a problem if the vast majority of people want to keep their LE in while leveling.

Mostly people will level with the LE in order to cap then pop it out so they can PVP. Nerfing XP for wearing an LE will only serve to hinder the leveling process, it will certainly be perceived this way. And what about all the people who have already leveled to cap unaffected by this LE nerf? This may have been somewhat plausible at the release of Titan but to implement it now would be retarded.

The vast majority of people playing don't seem to have any problem with the way the LE is now, why on Earth would they fuck with it? Certainly not to appease the 7 or 8 people on these forums who don't like it.
    Yeah because neocron 2 was a great success right? Most of us quit when NC2 came around because the changes were bad. They obviously made that LE change during NC2 and it sure as hell didn't bring anyone back to the game. The reason old vets are coming back is in hopes that the devs(who care about the game as much as we did) will make/correct some of the changes that NC2 brought about. So yea, we're talking about the LE in this thread because we believe it needs to be addressed.

Oh and just my opinion, any new players that keep their LE's in are missing out on some of the best experiences in the game. Fighting when you're not capped and have all the best shit is exciting. But hey, like I said it's just my opinion, everyone has one.

taking out the LE has two huge advantages: you can use four implant brainslots, giving you additional combat skills and/or resists, and you are able to take part in PvP, which some of you regard as the single most important feature of neocron, and the single one feature some of you enjoy most.

so what other advantages of removing the LE could match this? how come you aren't happy with what you got? or is it true that some of you just want to impose their own favourite style of playing on others? this attempt will definitely fail.

i just suspect some players just want more PvP, all the time, anywhere, so they keep demanding everyone else has to join them. answer: Neptune.

all the recent discussions on the LE have shown there's a good balance in the current PvP/Non-PvP-system most people can live with. have a happy and productive day, everyone.