Thanks for the acknowledgment, Trivaldi.

Quote Originally Posted by pottburter View Post
    You really botched the positioning in PVE!

Half of the time shots (rifle at long distance) at a mob get ignored, appearantly because the server thinks the mob is somewhere else. You see damage counting, but it's health bar is not getting reduced.
    Pottburter, I also had that same issue with APU spells vs warbots.. I even had a GM watch me as it happened, too. They could see the numbers @ 400-500 dmg, but not a sliver of health was going down on the warbot.

There is also an issue while hacking in the wastes (warbots mainly) as you cant get into the hacking mini-game because the mob is somewhere else. And yes, I already tried several different angles. Sometimes it eventually works, sometimes not.

If you relog you'll see the actual position the mob died at. It's an annoyance, but there's your workaround

Several times one of us vanished for the other guys from sight and people list. Everybody relogging fixed it.
    Very often we saw the other team mates standing across the room when actually they stand right next to you.
    Also, still floating chars a few times yesterday.

Anyone else having simmilar issues?
    There's definitely something up with the positioning of chars and mobs. We took a team of 5 into the chaos caves last night and the character positioning was all over the place. Most times people would see other chars in completely different spots to where they actually were and on a few occasions chars would disappear completely, which i think was because they were bugged way behind the group, even though to them they were still with us.

NC For Free!

Yeah, I been noticing this a lot with the chars/mobs positions not being where they are suppose to. For some reason its not syncing them up right not sure if some bad packets are being sent wrong from the server to our client or maybe their client to the server.

I had my poker dual logged yesterday I saw him just stand ad the back of medcare yet others saw where he exactly was at the front but my tank only saw him from the back yet my poker was poking him from the front. So that seems the server was giving wrong miss information to my client.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Fat Ugly Dirty Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    I'm really sorry to say that this is why we needed players on the PTS. Large teams doing chaos runs etc are really needed... I have no problem playing on the PTS with runners but it gets lonely

Help us help you guys I will gladly help people via PM or via the testserver forum get the client ready for testserver.
    Those problems not just arise with a large group but also with just 2.

Lykos, if you thing it helps my mate and I will be on PTS tonight speccing a clone-toon to our chars on Titan and do the same we did the last days for you to observe above mentioned issues.
    We would come online around 9-10 PM CET.
    --/

pottburter
    aka
    Kulax, Engineer on Mars
    Tangent Mastercrafter
    Lobby #69
    ---
    „Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    (Max Liebermann, 1847-1935)

Those problems not just arise with a large group but also with just 2.

Lykos, if you thing it helps my mate and I will be on PTS tonight speccing a clone-toon to our chars on Titan and do the same we did the last days for you to observe above mentioned issues.
    We would come online around 9-10 PM CET.
    I can confirm that too.
    We pvped in Sieger Uplink yesterday and we had several issues where people got stuck and freezed, but were actually moving on their client.
    I think something is wrong with the position updates from client -> server <- client. relogging or synching fixes this issue.

I'm really sorry to say that this is why we needed players on the PTS. Large teams doing chaos runs etc are really needed... I have no problem playing on the PTS with runners but it gets lonely

Help us help you guys I will gladly help people via PM or via the testserver forum get the client ready for testserver.
    Lykos,
    The requirements for the testserver is exactly the reason, why there are not enough people there. The NC-Com is quite old. A lot of people work fulltime, so what we need is a comfortable way to join. I dont want to "work" in my small window of free time on technical matters. But I like filling bug reports.

I am not sure what you mean Bruder? I got on to the test server perfectly fine myself. I aim to be back on there very soon!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Will: It would be comfortable, If i could join the ts from the retail-client with out fiddling around. But I dont know if that is technical possible.

NC For Free!

The Testserver is at a different patch level than Retail.

I will work on a test server client download for those people who want a testserver client installer, and I'll work on a guide to converting your current NC Retail client to the testserver.
    Is there actually something to test right now?

NC For Free!

Well, yes and no. We need to know all bugs that exist in 176 (TS180). However, some bugs don't appear until the server gets heavily loaded. We haven't even beat 40 players on the testserver yet. When Titan was getting patched up we had 23 on the PTS and we ran into issues. We need to be able to stress test and document these issues. I'm more than happy to provide mobs and things for players to test on but we simply don't have enough people there

I'll update you all when we get more things to test.
    Thanks

So, after seeing all this engagement, i made a new forum account (yeah, i had one, but forgot the data long ago) to bring up the issues that enountered my way with this patch.
    Not all of them might be patch related, but i am not able to tell the difference anyway, so pardon me on that one.

1, New bought appartements cant be tagged as primary (gr wise).
    2, When researching, weight is added, but not substracted, wich leads to the need of relogging because of too much weight.
    3, The Crahn Antifire Spells dont remove any fire (wasnt able to test the other modules, so i stick to fire here).
    4, At the CM HQ, there seems one recruitement officer missing, so every third research mission has to be aborted, because the recruitement officer is not there to hand over the research Item (heard this from other factions also).
    5, Battledome salesman are completely messed up, hard to explain, they are....well....messed up^^.

Just my 2 pence so far, keep up the great work, and i hope its not too hard to understand my english;>
    Apart from this, i really enjoy the patch, so keep em coming!
    Happy Christmas to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Lenke
    Jipp I am still alive, and I promise I will give an update before yrs end. But this thread is just for the Patch and the guys who realized it

Take care and keep rockin!
    Source

What happened to this?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Source

What happened to this?
    Did you actually expect anything from Kirk..? I dont think I have ever "met" someone as unreliable as him heh.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Did you actually expect anything from Kirk..? I dont think I have ever "met" someone as unreliable as him heh.
    I never expect anything, but I always hope for something.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast