Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed21 View Post
    I agree with the team that this needs to be addressed but I implore you to consider having the BC spawn more often outside, if that's possible. I don't see drones having the same advantage outdoors, so I don't see why you wouldn't have the BC spawn as often as he would have indoors (after despawn and zone reset).
    An interim solution along those lines is in preparation.
    It may take a little while but thats not because folks are lazy or this isnt a priority - it's because something trivial as this is really not so trivial and folks a very busy. So expect to see this around when its done™.

That said, we have always stated that we are greatly dissatisfied with the current balancing, be it PvE or PvP. Balancing is huge topic and in order to address it properly, one must first establish the technical foundation and a good understanding of Neocrons quirks (the codebase has a life of its own sometimes). #175 marks a very big step forward on that path.

Got to be happy with that then guys. There is something in the offing. Make sure your test server clients are installed then I guess.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I think when next patch is incoming you should copy whole DB as well to get more stresstest to the server.Including all characters like it is on current retail server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    An interim solution along those lines is in preparation.
    It may take a little while but thats not because folks are lazy or this isnt a priority - it's because something trivial as this is really not so trivial and folks a very busy. So expect to see this around when its done™.
    Have I told you lately how much I love you?! Seriously, you guys have been awesome with the work you have done so far and the constant communication!

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
    I think when next patch is incoming you should copy whole DB as well to get more stresstest to the server.Including all characters like it is on current retail server.
    DaFuck?
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Simple but clever idea :
    Make a copy of the current chars from titan onto the test server. This way we can help test our current setups with the changes proposed.
    Could even make an OP fight happen in a matter of minutes.

After seeing repeatedly that updates on the live-server behave completely different then on the test environment i think only turning Titan occasionally into a test real is gonna get us somewhere.
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 04-12-12 at 00:34.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Simple but clever idea :
    Make a copy of the current chars from titan onto the test server. This way we can help test our current setups with the changes proposed.
    Could even make an OP fight happen in a matter of minutes.
    I got two test chars myself but have to support this idea anyways:
    People are really lazy. Like REALLY REALLY lazy! And for those people it takes way too long to reverse loom, equip and imp their chars to test stuff.

I know this sounds ridiculous in the ears of the DEV-Team because they work their asses off for us but still: Most people are too damn lazy to give enough fucks to invest those 15-30 minutes.

So just copying their chars to test-server will probably do wonders for attendance.

I do not think that the database get stressed enough since not as much stuff in boxes and other places live the live server.
    That is why it should be full copy. That way it is exactly copy of live server.Not just world enviroment. Ppl won't make like 2-3 chars per login on testerver and not like 10's of thousands of rareparts in apartments.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
    I do not think that the database get stressed enough since not as much stuff in boxes and other places live the live server.
    That is why it should be full copy. That way it is exactly copy of live server.Not just world enviroment. Ppl won't make like 2-3 chars per login on testerver and not like 10's of thousands of rareparts in apartments.

Oh I see, This might help tbh give them a chance to try a big upgrade on the test server and see how that goes. The problem is not enough people test the features. A lot of times when it comes to coding lets say there is 10,000 features in the game and they update 20 features. Well people come and and usally test 20 features and of course their going to leak into other features of a game just because movement would be considered a feature.

But at the end of the day you have tested 200 / 10,000 features of the game. The downside is the 20 features are actually linked to say 1,000 features in one way or another. Shared code and parts and etc.

At the end of the day 20 changes does not require 20 diff tests but 100's if not 1,000 of tests of just random features in the game.

This why on my game servers I run when we do a major update we actually go through pretty much a check list of 100's of things one by one just to make sure things work right. Pretty much a systems go check.

Then on top of that somethings fail and sometimes things only fail here and there and ugh.

Moral of the story it does not matter what the devs do we need more testers on the test server. Maybe some kind of reward program to encourage it something gimmicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
    I got two test chars myself but have to support this idea anyways:
    People are really lazy. Like REALLY REALLY lazy! And for those people it takes way too long to reverse loom, equip and imp their chars to test stuff.

I know this sounds ridiculous in the ears of the DEV-Team because they work their asses off for us but still: Most people are too damn lazy to give enough fucks to invest those 15-30 minutes.

So just copying their chars to test-server will probably do wonders for attendance.
    As I found out the other day, reverse lomming is not necessary. What you do is, go straight to the ceres temple and walk outside, talk to the super hard missions guy and kill a rat. He tells you to cover your ears because the ding can be deafening. Two rats and your xp can't go any higher...

I think they should give us access to the neoconstruct on retail for 0.1 seconds for every minute we spend testing on the test server. That would get people involved.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I think they should give us access to the neoconstruct on retail for 0.1 seconds for every minute we spend testing on the test server. That would get people involved.
    /afk macro set! :P

But really I was thinking something stupid and silly none advantage.

An honourary badge of some sort that you could keep in your inv/app would be nice.

It's a bit sad that people always expect some kind of compensation for doing something that helps themselves while they expect others to work day and night for no compensation at all.

I doubt that anyone who only logs on test-server to get a badge will fill out one bug-report. So this might be useful for stress-tests that can be monitored by devs. But other than that? Not so much...

EDIT: What would also help is a submit-window that pops up with every crash. So lazy people can type in what just happened without composing an email. I don't know how hard it would be to implement something like that but it's the small things like that which encourage people to contribute. You really need to serve them everything on a golden plate to get them moving.

PS: I really don't want to moan around how evil everyone is and be a Debby Downer. I just try to point out my opinion why attendance is so horribly bad and think of some ways to fix it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast