Default The outdated website

When is the website going to be changed and the "free trial" wording changed to free to play everywhere, i feel a fair amount of people get confused and would play nc if it was clearer from the website it's completely free with no hidden fees or any sort of trial!
    Poke me baby, one more time!

it's on the todo - like a lot of things.
    as for when, you know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    In effect the whole game and everything related to it is on the todo list. A mammoth task for a small team.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Out of curiosity, what exactly are you guys planning to do with the website?

I'm just wondering, as maybe this is an area that the community could pitch in and help you with? If all you want to do is change some of the content, I'm sure there'd be no shortage of volunteers to help go through it and bring it up to date. Some, such as Brammers, have handled content duties through their own websites for years - so you could even do a "submit a sample, and if we think it's up to standard we'll assign you pages to look at updating" kind of thing.

If you're wanting to update the code and/or design, obviously the pool of potential helpers decreases somewhat, but a similar thing could be tried. "Submit code samples and/or URLs to show off your work, and if we think you'd be able to help we'll give you some work to help the team".

Not to tread on toes or anything. I just figure that you must have a very long to-do list right now, and maybe this is one way others could help you get it done quicker without compromising any development or other priorities you have. Wouldn't even have to be a "help us and join the team" kind of deal - I'm sure many (myself included) would be willing to help out if they could regardless, and if the delivered product doesn't match up to the standard you want you've still hardly lost much.

Putting external code onto our public servers will cause more work for us (review, screen for vulnerabilities etc.) than to producing the code ourselves.
    The Website in its current form is not sustainable and will be replaced with a new technical underpinning - once that is in place I am sure we can and will involve the community at large to help with getting its content up to speed. I'll commit to a code sprint for the portal on the coming weekend, so getting you guys on board for content submission and review should not be too far off.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

...so getting you guys on board for content submission and review should not be too far off.
    Oh thank god! Many of us have been waiting to help you guys out for a long time!!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Putting external code onto our public servers will cause more work for us (review, screen for vulnerabilities etc.) than to producing the code ourselves.
    The Website in its current form is not sustainable and will be replaced with a new technical underpinning - once that is in place I am sure we can and will involve the community at large to help with getting its content up to speed. I'll commit to a code sprint for the portal on the coming weekend, so getting you guys on board for content submission and review should not be too far off.
    sounds like youre going for a wiki style site yea ?
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Soon™ bro
    Old Char Names: Skojax/Postagirl/Drevious/Prince/Thizzell Washington
    I now play 'Evil' on titan.. and i need frenz :'(

any chance to get the teaser vid? i just love how leet my DoY Bomber pilot skills where thoose days
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Aha, great to hear that such an idea is already in the works (and that the website overhaul isn't perhaps as far off as I'd been expecting).

One step ahead of me methinks Looking forward to seeing the results, and will try and help out on the content front too if I can!