Back on Saturn levelling our first chars, me and my brother popped our LE's early, Bulletsponge the PE made trying to level at Military Base absolutely unbearable. I'll always remember that **** name

i remember when i only had my pe jaffo and he was rifle! (about 8 years ago!) before FLR and 101st had merged on saturn i was running from oz to mb and having souly levelled in the sewers this new open space was amazing and then a few zones in, boom, a rifle pe using a pain easier ripped through me, i didnt even know what was going on lol, at first i thought i was getting attacked by a giant lobster! think he name was PK KING or Mister KING or something like that, had king in it anyway, i remember threatening to get the whole of CM on his ass, i thought i had the power to arrange this, turns out i didnt!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Back on Saturn levelling our first chars, me and my brother popped our LE's early, Bulletsponge the PE made trying to level at Military Base absolutely unbearable. I'll always remember that **** name

i used to spend allot of time with sponge on teamspeak, such a great guy, wish he would come back!

Saturn retail; Starkes, lowtech PE with Pain Easer and Liby (was playable at the time). He was in clan HATE. I was a tank with rifle/HC and a vein ripper LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    Saturn retail; Starkes, lowtech PE with Pain Easer and Liby (was playable at the time). He was in clan HATE. I was a tank with rifle/HC and a vein ripper LOL....
    I have three brief stories to tell.

#1 First gank I ever witnessed

Level 24; on my first ever PE, Loki, having just pulled his LE I headed into PP1 to have a look around. Just beyond the zoneline, I ran into a tank; a god in comparison to Loki, MattUK_24. Matt stood there, un-phased by the presence of a mere mortal, wielding a TPC. He approached me, and I nervously retreated back a few steps.

"Hi mate", Matt said.

"Hi", I replied.

"Come with me", he said.

I didn't utter a word in response, but instead followed obediently as instructed by my elder. Off we went, further and further into Pepper Park, where we encountered our first spy. Matt pulled out his TPC, and blasted a clip of plasma into his face. He dropped, and my heart raced. Further still we went, Matt blasting plasma into unsuspecting runners faces whilst he left me totally and utterly un-touched.

It was at that exact moment that I fell in love with Neocron.

First person to ever gank me:

The first person to ever gank me was a guy called Headshot, who ran into the Plaza 2 aggies with a Liberator, gunning down everyone in sight. Annoyed as I was, I feared his return for the next few days.

First person I ever ganked:

Sir Ramic Hobbs. This guy was quite a character. I had a strange rivalry with him and whichever clan he rolled with at the time from the early days of NC1, right up to the end. Probably inspired by my first ever PK. He came running into PP1 with his Pain Easer, spamming the chat with arrogance. I saw he was red to me, and went running towards him with my liberator. Having an immensely fast setup at the time, I circled him and unleashed a couple of clips, dropping him whilst on his way back to the zoneline with his tail between his legs.

In fairness, I quite liked the guy. We were, however, enemies throughout.

Also, a special mention to Revengers Hand. Most of you will more better know him as Smurf/Smurfen.

After I'd killed a few people, I started to get a bit cocky, hanging around talking in PP1. He caught me completely off guard. Before I knew it, I was at half health and being ripped to pieces by his Paw of Bear. Literally before I had even pulled my gun out, he'd ganked me. He utterly shocked me and made me realise I had a hell of a lot to learn about the game before I could compete with the likes of him. Since then, we've been on friendly terms across Uranus, Terra, and now Titan.

Blog Entries

Saturn, Military Base

I already had my LE put out and came out of my apartment. Suddenly a bunch of Power-Armor geared (never seen it before) people came through a door and shoot on everything. Remember that i typed something like "Donīt shoot" but before i can press enter i was dead.

DOY Reporter (eng) (ger)

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post

Sir Ramic Hobbs. This guy was quite a character. I had a strange rivalry with him and whichever clan he rolled with at the time from the early days of NC1, right up to the end. Probably inspired by my first ever PK. He came running into PP1 with his Pain Easer, spamming the chat with arrogance. I saw he was red to me, and went running towards him with my liberator. Having an immensely fast setup at the time, I circled him and unleashed a couple of clips, dropping him whilst on his way back to the zoneline with his tail between his legs.

In fairness, I quite liked the guy. We were, however, enemies throughout.
    Ramic is an RL friend of mine, the person who inspired me to play NC, and again, like your Matt_UK24 story, I watched him kill a whole cave team at CRP when someone stole his 5 slot TRIDE Fusion cannon. He was still in Blue HC PA so must have been a long time ago. But Rabbi, you do realise he never specced resists on any character?

I was also RL friends with Decimator and Neptune. Deci still used to gank me.

Just made my first kill on Titan.

Well, I say kill, but really I think he just had a massive drug flash (as he didn't fall over when he died). And he might have been relogging as he didn't react. He dropped in less than a clip though so I don't think he could have done anything.

So... yeah, I ganked him.

I know you take the risk running about a busy hunting zone pumped full of drugs without an LE, but I still feel a little dirty.

He might have been watching in horror, unable to move...

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

I haven't ganked anyone yet but I did counter-gank riff raff, which was somewhat embarrassing for him considering he had an ak and my tank was like str 80 using a tangent prototype laser cannon.

Ahh I went down in the caves again tonight on my /32 with 20 poison stacks from a rifle spy...

Revengers eye. not revengers hand. also ramic was a pe roger. just saying

i dont remember who my broke my nc cherry and ganked me. i was afk in the level 1 sewers making a brew with no le chip. i do remember arek ganking me a lot till i managed to get up to a competing level. he chased me across drakkhan zone one night. i kept running. and got to a belt drop zone and then turned around and waited for him to zone. Out comes the pain easer (he wasnt expecting it i dont think)

he turned ran back in side and i dropped him about 25 meters from the GR. satisfaction. of course we all have a million stories like that.

ps. although i never ever played saturn starkes notoriety spread around nc like the plague. From what i remember he used a libby and pocket blizzard freezer pistol. not a pe. Nidd will remember more i am sure.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

1 CS clip > Fish

I believe it was in one of the out zones of nc, prometheus got me when I was really low level . I remember as its the first time I saw tank pa and is when I decided to play the class seriously .
    HC > ALL

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Revengers eye. not revengers hand. also ramic was a pe roger. just saying
    I should have clarified, on his tank, MoSHeR!

TANGENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Xeno LARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post

Sir Ramic Hobbs.
    Hah what a guy. I only "got" his name about a month ago... DOH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast