Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
    I personally don't think an AOE weapon should get an advantage in level speed compared to a non AOE weapon, there is no reason why an AOE weapon should gain more experience as a non.
    Why not? You get exp for damaging monsters, so if you do more damage, then you get faster exp. Now I didn't say MORE exp, just faster.

Heavy Cannon killing 10 Launchers in 40 seconds gets 100k exp.

Melee killing 10 Launchers in 10 minutes gets 100k exp.

So technically AOE doesn't get you more exp, it gets you the same faster.

Fixing APU frequency/damage and melee everything will just enhance the experience for players wishing to use those classes/weapon types to play the game.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by ascension View Post
    apu - antibuff, ppu - parashock

and yes to the op!
    Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    this! And s/d
    this!!!!!

triple yes.
    | Gutterson:Res-Rep | Givens:R-C PE | Iron Man:H-C |

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Why not? You get exp for damaging monsters, so if you do more damage, then you get faster exp. Now I didn't say MORE exp, just faster.

Heavy Cannon killing 10 Launchers in 40 seconds gets 100k exp.

Melee killing 10 Launchers in 10 minutes gets 100k exp.

So technically AOE doesn't get you more exp, it gets you the same faster.

Fixing APU frequency/damage and melee everything will just enhance the experience for players wishing to use those classes/weapon types to play the game.
    Except it doesn't work like that. I'm still amazed that people in Neocron still don't know how to play this game after all these years. And, that bullshit about firemobs taking apart a tank with any build? lullllllllllzzzzz.

No/Yes/Fix PE(Make him the equivalent of a ranger or paladin perhaps. druid/clearic skills, acceptable to duo with in some situations, can still put out damage but not as much as a rogue or dps warrior. just an analogy to make it easier to understand)
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    Except it doesn't work like that. I'm still amazed that people in Neocron still don't know how to play this game after all these years. And, that bullshit about firemobs taking apart a tank with any build? lullllllllllzzzzz.
    You forgot to explain how it DOES work.
    | Gutterson:Res-Rep | Givens:R-C PE | Iron Man:H-C |

Quote Originally Posted by kevz View Post
    You forgot to explain how it DOES work.
    You get damage per mob hit based on the rank of the mob and the TL of your weapon.

I think the problem lies in that it's not based on total damage done.

The crux of the issue is if you put a rocket in the middle of a giant group of mobs, lets say you deal 15 damage to one, 30 to another, 45, 45 and 90 to the one in the middle. You deal a total of 225 damage and get hit credit for 5 mobs. If you use a sniper rifle to do 225 damage to a single mob you get 1/5th the XP

Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    You get damage per mob hit based on the rank of the mob and the TL of your weapon.

I think the problem lies in that it's not based on total damage done.

The crux of the issue is if you put a rocket in the middle of a giant group of mobs, lets say you deal 15 damage to one, 30 to another, 45, 45 and 90 to the one in the middle. You deal a total of 225 damage and get hit credit for 5 mobs. If you use a sniper rifle to do 225 damage to a single mob you get 1/5th the XP
    Exactly
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

my techs for trade

Are you really sure about that? Because then you could level PPUs really easy, and I've never seen anyone do that.

Edit: Ok, it doesn't work if the summed up dmg counts in, but then the difference in cr of the mobs would still have to be compensated somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Why not? You get exp for damaging monsters, so if you do more damage, then you get faster exp. Now I didn't say MORE exp, just faster.....
    But you are missing the point why an AOE based weapon with the same TL should give you far more exp per time as a non.
    Alles wird gut!

irgendwann?

hoffentlich...

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
    But you are missing the point why an AOE based weapon with the same TL should give you far more exp per time as a non.
    Sooo...... If I am missing the point... and you won't tell me.... what is the point of your post? Do you want to add anything of significance to the thread?

my techs for trade

take your speculation on AoE dmg / xp to a different thread please.
    This is strictly on APU and melee as per the opening post.

P.S.:
    oh... and please drop them paladin, druid, wtf examples. I have no idea what you are talking about (many people hug trees, not all do, I dont)

I appreciate the GM's allowing us to discuss this on the forums uncontested .

I'm glad to see you all are listening :]

To the topic of the thread, APU needs some serious love. Frequency is one way to go about it, another would be to make their after-effects stronger.

I would prefer the latter because it would mean your choice of weapon module meant more than just trying to play "guess the gap" with their resist setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    take your speculation on AoE dmg / xp to a different thread please.
    This is strictly on APU and melee as per the opening post.

P.S.:
    oh... and please drop them paladin, druid, wtf examples. I have no idea what you are talking about (many people hug trees, not all do, I dont)
    Haha well said. I love it. I agree on both the APU and melee tank ideas. I also would like to see less spies and tanks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beta 4:Alex Thompsun - Melee Tank

NC1:
    Uranus:Silent W - Rifle Spy(Underworld - TT)
    Saturn:Captain Morgan - PPU (NeG32 - Crahn)

NC2:
    Terra: Dubzilla - Rifle Spy - (Clan Xero - TG)
    Titan: Warbot Cola - Research // Captain Morgan - HC Tank // Jack Nicholson - Rifle PE

- Mature, experienced player looking for a trustworthy clan for PvP and hunting.

@thewarbot on Twitter

Yess please Push the freq on APu

Mellee Tank Push too..
    And for pe Just make the Lower tl weapons stronger like slasher,Termin,pain Easer usw

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast