Thread: LE'ed clans

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grogor View Post
    Totally against it.
    The LE should have some disadvanteges. And currently the only ones are that it takes one brain implant slot and you can't join/create a clan. The LE protects you from the hard world of Neocron, and if you decide to keep it, you don't deserve the coolness/benefits of a clan. Any argument with trader clans and how cool it would be if they could keep their LE, well there were enough trader clans who did fine without LE. The trick is to stay at safe zones, or enjoying the adrenaline when leaving them.
    Yeah, that's a warrior's point of view, or the PvP one.

But there are also people who enjoy a more peaceful game. For example traders and hunters.

The question is if we want those people also in the game.

My opinion is that we need them for a better game experience and for a higher player base.

I would even propose to make it possible to insert the LE again anytime.

If people decide to play NC the peaceful way again after a while they should have that option too in my opinion.

Because in that case people would take the LE out without the fear to never be able to put it back in.

This means they would be more eager to try PvP.

Another reason for me is that I always wanted to be able to support new players and le'd people again too and help noobs out, especially with my PPU.

The way we have it now is that 99% are le'd cause they are new or have fear or don't want to be forever without LE, and only the Vets have them out. And the Vets are the ones who are complaining about all the people not taking their LE out.

That's why I don't think that the restrictions for the LE do really help the PvP situation or the game at all.

I would prefer to always have the choice for the LE.

To put the LE back in I would have a restriction like making it a day long activity. This means you can't use your char much for 24h. I think that would be quite a hard restriction, but if I am wrong maybe somebody else can come up with something more evil, like needing 1000 big lube packs for it or so ;-)

That the LE is using up one brain slot is a hard restriction too imo cause these people really miss out on good char setups when capped. That's why I always take it out.

When I enter unsafe zones I prepare by not having important stuff in my inventory, and so on. And i do enjoy the thrill :-)

However, I can understand that some people do not. And they should get their share of Neocron too, without artifical restrictions to force people into PvP.

Especially people like Brammers, who do the game more good than most other people.

Clans should be allowed for LE'd people.

Regards
    Last edited by Ivan Eres; 24-09-12 at 18:29.