at your house, thinking of fun ways to kill you.

In an ideal world where there was a shit load of players and KK had more money.

It would make more sense to make a server for those across the pond living in the states dedicated for them and another server for the rest of Europe. I don't think the whole timezones thing can ever be fixed.

With the current state of things this is just not viable. So people can piss and moan all they want, but there is no 'best solution' available.

Is this official or more rumours?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Is this official or more rumours?
    It is official.

If Titan is the future server, then it needs to have the security features so that it doesn't end up like terra.

As a couple of people and myself have said, it would be nice to have a limited transfer.
    QB, no tools, no keys, no armour, 1k per level. Maybe even limit it to one char per account and a maximum number of weapons in the QB.

Many people do want a fresh wipe but you risk splitting the community between two servers, loosing many of them completely if terra/mars ever get turned off if you don't give a little to those who have invested so much of their time.

at your house, thinking of fun ways to kill you.

But I think the whole idea of starting on a fresh server is... to start fresh. (Pretty self explanatory imo).

Personally, I relish the chance to go through the whole experience of having to work towards things again. It's far too easy to get anything these days. You can find the equipment to outfit a character in about an hour which is kinda boring and misses the whole point of Neocron.

If I recall, this is supposed to be an RPG. A game where you're supposed to put the effort in get the rewards. It's more or less the 'CS Kiddies' that are hacking/duping/whatever that are causing majority of the problems we face today.

I think what I'm trying to say is, if you can't be arsed to start again... then don't. Terra is not being replaced, but merely we as players are being given another option.

I agree with DJ on this.

Having recently returned after a 6 year break, I've almost capped a tank due to having some extra free time and playing A LOT. However, the thought of re-doing all of this again so soon is extremely unappealing just due to time. I'd be happy just having that 1 character transferred, even with no money and limited items. It's not the losing rares, appts, or other things, it's the loss of time I'm bothered about.

I'm sure this is much more bitter for other players with vast wealth, but really I just don't want to be having a Groundhog Day on a new server.

I like the idea of a fresh start, fresh economy and so on. But you can still get this if only 1 character with limited items and credits is transferred to a new server.

I'm bias because i've already lost all my characters and accounts, however as soon as Titan is up then i'll be there with a PPU that sucks more than any PPU you've every had the misfortune to be teamed with....

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

I can t agree more with you D-J, it s my point too, just QB, imps, no money and no Armor, just put the woc 3 pa in the belt with you have one

There's obviously some that would prefer a fresh start and others that would prefer to keep their chars and limited items. Would it make more sense then to have Titan a fresh server with no transfers and have Terra wiped besides characters, equip and qb? Best of both worlds?

i plan to start a toon on the new server myself

I don t think it would be a great Idea reKKer, because it will still break the community into the two servers.
    ( Even if your idea of deleting everything except Characters equip qnd QB is a really good one actually ! )

I'm assuming the reason they've gotten a new server is because the old one doesn't have the network infrastructure to handle requests from a ddos as well as the new one, so I guess the most likely outcome is Titan is fresh new server and the others are still available as-is and a ddos will still leave a server available for play. I'm only assuming that's the most likely outcome since its the easiest option for the team.

they will be able to ddos the new server too, it will just be stronger and more stable, but also ddos-able

Right, I'm not saying any server is ddos proof, I'm just saying the new one might have better network infrastructure to handle it better and unless they ddos both servers we'll still have 1 to play on and won't be completely shut out as we are now.

I really hate to be a buzz kill here but it seems very pointless...Remember the "pvp" server? Everyone is all hyped for the new server! Yea, a fresh start! It will be awesome! ....Sorry to say, but in a month or two you'll all be back on terra just like last time.

edit: That's ofcourse assuming you're able to with the attacks and what-not.
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast