Executioner before they changed the model and sound.

Fire Apoc / slasher / exe / Laser cannon from TT epic this one hurts like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Only noobs have iron sights.
    Yeah, we cool cats have unlocked scopes...!

I want longer stealth :(

Before 2.2, I loved the Ray of Last Hope and its non-rare counterpart, the Blacksun. I miss the blue ray. It really tore through opponents, even tanks, at close range with its rate of fire and unique aiming trick.

Laser pistols aren't too bad either; the beam of hell used to drop warbots quite quickly, but you can't beat the stats and output of the Tangent epic pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzaki Iejir
    Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.
    Next time we go to war, that's us fucked then

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kot View Post
    Before 2.2, I loved the Ray of Last Hope and its non-rare counterpart, the Blacksun. I miss the blue ray. It really tore through opponents, even tanks, at close range with its rate of fire and unique aiming trick.

Laser pistols aren't too bad either; the beam of hell used to drop warbots quite quickly, but you can't beat the stats and output of the Tangent epic pistol.
    The laser weapons just have that stupid inconsistency in hit detection. Used to love my Healing Light and Creed.

Slasher is, and will always be my favorite.
    Last edited by Strife; 15-09-12 at 01:31.

i liked the Libbi, Wyatt Earp, Terminator, Poison Beam and the Cursed Soul allot
    of course good ol NC1!
    [Signatur entfernt wegen verstoßes gegen die Forenregeln - Berserker]

I really liked it when MR weapons homed in to things

Paw of bear was my favorite bk on melee tank times. Now i realy enjoy the SH on my spy.

I like the old holy lightning with 105 frequenzy

Movement Mines

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Deunan View Post
    Terminator
    Forgot to mention this one. Shotguns are just badass period lol
    Old Char Names: Skojax/Postagirl/Drevious/Prince/Thizzell Washington
    I now play 'Evil' on titan.. and i need frenz :'(

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Thats the Wocket Launcher is it?

Honestly I have steered away from WOC as much as possible in my nc'ing days. I dont use the PA on my tank or the weapons and only grudgingly have the PA on my monk. My pe had to suck it up and use the PA and weapons unfortunately but I fondly remember the best times of NC1 when WOC was just a germ of an idea and Regants Legacy was still called Dark Metal to a lot of us. In those days you only went there if the GM warped you and it was usually to give you a "coffee morning" with no coffee and one chair.

We used to have the Chaos Caves as our place to go levelling and it also gave the pkers somewhere to come and kill said levelling team for their fun too. My glasses are still very burgundy and with a hint of rose in them. I probably look like Elton John with them on to be honest but those are the days I miss the most.

Dont get me wrong I love NC and I love the weapons (desperately trying to stay on topic) but I love the fact that we used to have at LEAST a little variation on the main weapons.

We used to have low tech pe's and high tech ones (yeah kids theyre like the PE's you see now but they dont have a crossbow) and we used to have Judge PE's and ROLH PE's (a few famous ones) and we had Executioner PE's too (if you could afford a Synaptic Accelerator and some Black PA). We had Liberator PE's (famous ones of them too) and also Terminator and Pain Easer were all viable. We even had a few Ray of God PE's occasionally too.

This was all great fun aesthetically for the spectators. This is just from the forgotten class of NC2... Admittedly yes every tank used a CS back then and thats still the same. Briefly the Creed came along and made an appearance and did change this up but I think they pitched the reqs slightly too high for most of us. The Ravager too was a poor mans CS. Still it gave a little variety to the 2nd most bland class.

Then we had the APU's, they usually had 2 spells with them - Holy Lightning and Holy PPU sidekick - although the latter seemed the more essential....

The thing is with all of these classes duking it out at OPs or in Pepper Park you would see green plasma, red raygun coils (or blue ones dependent what year it was), orange laser beams, rockets and a plethora of other kinetic munitions slamming into the armour of these drugged up psychopaths hellbent on e-penis inflating.

The first week I got to NC I said to someone what do you at high end in NC, that guy kindly took me to Pepper Park and the uTs were in town fragging everyone left and right. I watched all of this plasma swirling and decided I would have some of that. Now all we have is AK's and Disruptors and the odd burst of CS along with the ION weapons (most pointless weapon effect ever) and little else.

We need a return to the old school, we need huge explosions and gouts of fire and burning plasma and laser beams slicing up the air. We need to make combat in NC LOOK like a cross between DIE HARD and Star Wars all over again!

I watched Faid's video (props to you squire) the other day and the thing that brought me back to NC was the Tank duels. The green plasma smashing into these two hulking behemoths. It made me remember my first duel and how much my heart raced. It made me remember the op fights during Tankocron. 15-20 and a few monks charging into an op. It made me yearn for a bit more of that.

If the game is to sell to a new audience then they need to see the glorious din of battle that we used to see with all of the old weapons and not just this bland boring AK rattle that we see now. Even if you lower the damage of weapons and raise the RoF or something. We need big HUGELY OTT effects. This will sell the game to new people as they see how cool it would be to wield one of these weapons one day and that will keep them playing to level up and get there and then frag their friends with them.

Sorry for the ramble. I'll close now.
    Quoted for brilliance. It's like you took these thoughts right out of my head, then presented them excellently.

good old uTs days in PP ...
    Still trying to get some of them back in game.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast