Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Forum Issues / Bugs

Please use this thread to collect issues
    related to the new forum software/theme(s).
    Thank you!

Bitte nutzt diesen Thread um Probleme mit der neuen Forensoftware
    oder den Themes zu melden.
    Danke!

Known Issues:
    - WYSIWYG editor buttons need more contrast
    - small avatar images missing (404) on blog view

Feature requests:
    In most cases, new features will likely be added only after the more pressing infrastructure issues are resolved.
    - Evaluate tapatalk plugin
    - Add NC themed mobile template.
    - Animated Avatars can not be used (we will discuss this, edit: please vote!)

Fixed Issues:
    - Human verification required on every post
    - Users cannot create new threads in some sections.
    - Last edited by message may appear multiple times
    - Post date is not being displayed (theme bug)
    - set the default values of the profile privacy to members only
    - Thread-navigation on multipage threads is misaligned.
    Last edited by Mokoi; 25-07-12 at 01:48.

Avatars are now 60x60 in lieu of 70x70. Previous 70x70 avatars are shrunk and harshly compressed leaving visible artifacts and blurring.
    --
    Winston Cross

Now called Kane Gregory Dark-Destroy's Avatar

Animated avatars can't be uploaded. Is that intended?
    If: Yes!

Please WinstonCross recreate my new avatar. It was so cool...
    ==> current forum activity account: "Kane Gregory"

No Time/Date stamp.. posts could be from yesterday or from 10 years ago..

Please switch off those random questions for registered members with 10+ posts..

They come like this: "What color are 1 +13 + 7 oranges?"

cheers

The random question per post is irritating.

Mobile theme is completely different to desktop site theme. Colour scheme ... etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    In Neocron most anything is allowed, its a gentlemans club. In the words of a timeless classic "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".

Ok why is there a random question to ever time I post?

Edit: Ok looks anti-spambot measure.... can this be change to 1st post only please?

P.S. Good work on the forum upgrades!
    Last edited by Brammers; 23-07-12 at 13:19. Reason: Testing....

Forum is prohibiting the use of .gif avatars. Apart from its animation qualities, .gif uses a lossless compression method.
    --
    Winston Cross

Haven't played around with it much yet, but is it really necessary to restrict the body of the forum to 980px?
    May not necessarily be a bug, but a wider forum would be nicer.

Currently the mix of the larger font, and the small available space makes it look a bit "clunky"
    "How we think shows through in how we act. Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking."

I would also like to reintroduce a fluid layout at some point, but this will sit on the "things to worry about when there are less things to worry about" pile for a bit. Until then, see if the NC:LIGHT theme suits you better (a theme switcher is located in the bottom left on every page).

Ah yea didn't see that, prefer darker colours, but this'll do for now!
    Thanks Mokoi, will let ye know should anymore bugs I discover.

Did a "forgotten password" test yesterday, other than the email taking nearly 12hours to send it worked fine
    "How we think shows through in how we act. Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking."

The thread-navigation has some issues with threads that have more then one page.

Would it be possible to set the default values of the profile privacy to members only?
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 24-07-12 at 13:13.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    I would also like to reintroduce a fluid layout at some point, but this will sit on the "things to worry about when there are less things to worry about" pile for a bit. Until then, see if the NC:LIGHT theme suits you better (a theme switcher is located in the bottom left on every page).
    I, for one, like the fixed-width layout. If you end up changing it, please give us the option to have it this way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    I, for one, like the fixed-width layout. If you end up changing it, please give us the option to have it this way, too.
    sure thing - in fact, we may add a few (also player contributed) additional variants once this theme is relieved from the remaining bugs and the other infrastructure issues (mainly launcher / account creation) are in the clear.

Phoenix Ltd- Chief of Security james_finn's Avatar

On the blogs (e.g. this page: http://forum.neocron.com/entry.php?35-Warbot-Cola-Taken ) the avatar icons for each other post are missing (url for the icons are: http://forum.neocron.com/customavata...r1198325_1.gif ). Otherwise the forums look excellent!

In light of the avatar contest, avatars are still limited to 70x70 in lieu of 100x100.
    --
    Winston Cross

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast