Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    I hear sandwiches make you run faster alot faster ;((
    They get you banned too. Report anyone you think is using cheats/hacks to exploits@neocron.com and they will be investigated. If evidence is available send that too.

Its not permitted and people do get banned for it.

Additionally I don't want to see this discussion on the forum, either.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Sandwiches? That reminds me of TF2, the heavy class: www.wegame.com/watch/TF2_Heavy_Sandwich_Taunts/.

It's a shame the speedcap has been lifted, especially since the interpolation, which worked fine btw in NC1, has been messed up some time with NC2.

Sandwiches refer to "How I met your mother" i think :-P
    german:
    http://de.how-i-met-your-mother.wiki...iki/Sandwiches
    english:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20a%20Sandwich

Back for the moment

Having never really PVPed in NC2, I was shocked by how fast everyone runs in PVP now and about how a pretty skill based but tactical PVP game turned into zooming around clipping like lunatics.

Think it's a real shame, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Snow
    Having never really PVPed in NC2, I was shocked by how fast everyone runs in PVP now and about how a pretty skill based but tactical PVP game turned into zooming around clipping like lunatics.

Think it's a real shame, personally.
    how is speed, dodging and having to aim to hit people not skill based? And trying to kill ppu's and clipping people requires huge amounts of tactical cooperation... I much prefer having to run properly and dodge incoming fire, than the stupid button bashing pvp that's so common in other mmo's.

While i'd rather have that clipping was fixed and resists become relevant again, there's nothing wrong with skill based movement, it just shouldn't be the end-all it is right now because of clipping.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Back for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    how is speed, dodging and having to aim to hit people not skill based? And trying to kill ppu's and clipping people requires huge amounts of tactical cooperation... I much prefer having to run properly and dodge incoming fire, than the stupid button bashing pvp that's so common in other mmo's.

While i'd rather have that clipping was fixed and resists become relevant again, there's nothing wrong with skill based movement, it just shouldn't be the end-all it is right now because of clipping.
    I didn't say it wasn't, I said the old method was 'pretty skill based and tactical'. PVP now isn't really tactical and every class PVPs like a slightly different version of itself in that everyone has to go for max speed and max damage.

I don't really think you understand tactics if you think everyone going for PPU's and clipping = tactics, and you definitely don't understand it when you resort to comparing NC2's PVP with other MMOs, rather than with NC1's PVP.

I didn't say it wasn't, I said the old method was 'pretty skill based and tactical'. PVP now isn't really tactical and every class PVPs like a slightly different version of itself in that everyone has to go for max speed and max damage.

I don't really think you understand tactics if you think everyone going for PPU's and clipping = tactics, and you definitely don't understand it when you resort to comparing NC2's PVP with other MMOs, rather than with NC1's PVP.
    so, if u feel I don't understand tactics, enlighten me and tell me how nc1 pvp was tactical? if ur talking about strategic, I'm sure there was a bunch more, with different setups and all... but tactical?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Taking a bunch of drugs and running around a gogo isnt skill. The only skilled involved is knowing which items make you clip more or less.

Back for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    so, if u feel I don't understand tactics, enlighten me and tell me how nc1 pvp was tactical? if ur talking about strategic, I'm sure there was a bunch more, with different setups and all... but tactical?
    ...different setups isn't a strategic choice, strategy is managing alliances, choosing which ops to hold/attack, choosing how to respond when under attack in several different areas etc.

NC1 pvp was tactical because different classes moved at different speeds. Because range actually made a difference. Because you could (attempt) to hold choke points. Because you had choices in how you specced your characters other than balancing max speed/max damage. Because of a thousand things that I'm not really bothered listing to someone who'se response to "I don't like how NC2 pvp has changed from NC1" is to say "NC isn't like button mashing games"

...different setups isn't a strategic choice, strategy is managing alliances, choosing which ops to hold/attack, choosing how to respond when under attack in several different areas etc.

NC1 pvp was tactical because different classes moved at different speeds. Because range actually made a difference. Because you could (attempt) to hold choke points. Because you had choices in how you specced your characters other than balancing max speed/max damage. Because of a thousand things that I'm not really bothered listing to someone who'se response to "I don't like how NC2 pvp has changed from NC1" is to say "NC isn't like button mashing games"
    you are right sir.

There was a time where you had to actually think while playing. You didn't just download the latest cookie cutter build and then went clipping.

I want that back.

Remember when the gentank with a pulled weapon was that slow that everyone was able to hit him? At that time you really had to have movement skills. You had to dodge shots, running asynchronous to the movement of your enemy and you had to be unpredictable. I remember that STORM tank named Moschmongo. He had this serious hard to aim movement and killed me like a hundred times until I figured out what to do while moving. Today you just put some points in agi/atl and run around the next corner when on low hp.

I'm just surprised you feel the need to look down on me? I was genuinely asking u to inform me, but instead u go on some kind of personal vendetta to proof what an idiot I am...

I respectfully asked you to give an actual example of different kinds of things that make current nc2 pvp non-tactical, and all you come up with is clipping and runspeed, both of which I agreed with you about. Sounds like every other nostalgic rose tinted glasses discussion on here. Of course nc1 was better, your favourite classes (apu/hybrid/pe) were overpowered then.
    Last edited by Biglines; 20-04-12 at 14:10.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678