Thread: Nc3!!!!

Here's another idea (stupid or not, still an idea!):

Visually, i see living things like trees and plants with some kind of code running through them, like ants of light pulsing and glowing up and down, like veins of code. (not like the matrix, but a toned down version of it, since you would still see the real world.)

There could be a ruin of somekind - a spacecraft, a beacon or somekind of monument or strange formation with cable like roots that extend to the ground and spread across the land.

This could be indication of an alien technology (or just evolved species due to high levels of radiation) that leaked and merged with current planetary lifeforms, creating new species, where the techno-virus that wiped NC2 evolved from.

Mobs would have an entire species tree that is in context with the cyberpunk genre, and visually it would also coherent.

Research and construction would have alot to explore and several new items could be introduced due to the findings of this new form of life.

Yet another idea:

Classes start out humanlike and modifiable with implants like current NC.

When reaching a certain level (halfway), a factionless lab gives you the choice to upgrade your body's DNA and become more cybernetic, by replacing your core:

This choice is irreversible. Once done, you cannot go back.

- Obvious bonuses in all cyber related activities.
    - Obvious penalties in human related activities.

When reaching cap level, kind of the same way WoC works, you return to the lab and can undergo a complete transformation and become a machine (choice or just result of the new hybrid DNA taking over). For that you would need components looted from high level mobs. Irreversible and again:

- Obvious bonuses in all cyber related activities.
    - Obvious penalties in human related activities.

This would not be an endgame goal, but instead a choice. Human or machine, game-wise it would have to be balanced:

- you would have advantage over a human on 50% of the game, and human would have advantage over you in the other 50%... meaning a way of damaging the human player would be through cyber brain interferance and DNA hacks, and since you are a machine a regular human would damage you via weapon damage like laser, x-ray, plasma, etc.

Cool? dumb? Brainstorming is hard!! x)
    Last edited by Jaeon; 07-03-12 at 11:29.

Haha... yeah... but its a nice dream^^
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

[ edited - Although interesting and related vaguely to an in-game subject matter i.e. bionic implants. Please only bring things like this to the table if you're going to actually discuss them. Bumping a thread to post a link and a headline isn't a constructive post and is basically power posting and spam. Thanks, Triv. ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 19-03-12 at 10:58. Reason: Spam

i heard neocron3 from a friend is it true??? hope so.....

neocron best game ever.... damned i loved all in the game and the pvp was awsome....

[ edited - We keep a copy of everything. If you would like to discuss moderation, please PM me as discussion of such is not permitted on the forum. ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-04-12 at 15:49. Reason: Discussing Moderation

honestly if i were to pick and engine to use for neocron 3 i would take the valves source engine, it seems to work great with vindictus, plus since its not a brand new engine the price would seem better, not to mention systems may have an easier time running it. and if there looking for free engines, idtech 4 (doom 3) is another great option,

the other bonus of the source engine is releasing the game on steam, that alone would get you a player base

edit: i know i am an old player that does not play anymore, but there is still quite a few of us who would love to play neocron 3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    honestly if i were to pick and engine to use for neocron 3 i would take the valves source engine, it seems to work great with vindictus, plus since its not a brand new engine the price would seem better, not to mention systems may have an easier time running it. and if there looking for free engines, idtech 4 (doom 3) is another great option,

the other bonus of the source engine is releasing the game on steam, that alone would get you a player base

edit: i know i am an old player that does not play anymore, but there is still quite a few of us who would love to play neocron 3
    Source can't handle the player numbers most of us would like to see in a neocron 3, I used to play the Empires mod and that put strain on the enigne with 50 v 50.
    It only works for Vindictus because thats lobby based.

gameengine != networkengine

you can use the hl2 engine, but you have to use another networkengine...

Cryengine 3?

What about the Unreal 4 engine ?

In February 2012, Mark Rein (the CEO of Epic) said "people are going to be shocked later this year when they see Unreal Engine 4".[14] The press revealed that Unreal Engine 4 would be unveiled to limited attendees at the 2012 Game Developers Conference.[15]
    Seems like its in there final stage.

Keep Calm And Chive On

it will probably be one of the most expensive engines in the world, not something a small company like KK (reakktor or nukklear) is likely to be able to afford.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

couldn't care less about the engine at this stage - it should be pretty much impossible to undershoot the genesis offspring that is currently in use.

what concerns me is a) the near future/maintenance of NC 2.2 and b) mid-term developement plans.

the broader picture, so to say.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Would be nice in Neocron reloaded or 3 if there was some kind of text notice when your sole cluster died and was born.

Sometimes your try to cast it and your not sure if its still alive or stuck somewhere.

Having it follow you around until you gave it an order would be helpful to. If you move from one room to the other you have to wait till it dies to recast it.