It would be nice, if for once this was more than just talk and we were presented with more than "we are banning people".

Its not the broken economy or the state of balance or the state of woc or whatever that kept me and many others away from Neocron...It was the rampant use of sandwiches and KKs attitude towards that specific issue.

While I am saying that the above are not problems. I tolerate them to the extent that Neocron is worth playing. The sandwiching though is a different story.
    Last edited by CrushOr; 09-04-12 at 04:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi
    In the past our hands were tied by policies which have been adjusted with recent events, these changes in policy combined with improved tooling allow us to now act more swiftly in cases such as these.
    Here, let me just point this out again if you didn't take time to read.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    The ones doing the banning are the ones actually trying to make it fun for others. Feel free to whine at Kirk all you want, but don't start insulting or badmouthing people who are actively trying to make the best of it.

I've also seen GM's show up in fights, and people getting warnings and worse for exploiting SL and safezones. The GM team is active and willing, so if you have to insist on complaining, aim it at the ones that deserve it.

and about the duping. If you dupe, you're already proven to be untrustworthy. By banning all dupers, we'll be rid of a very very large portion of the cheaters too.

Forget it Biglines, your blatant ignorance is not worth my time. When you learn Reading and Comprehension, come back for an intelligent conversation, or go ahead and drop in TS again I'll let you know whats up.
    Last edited by MrTrip; 09-04-12 at 07:25.

Do we not bother to sentence murderers while it's impossible to stop people killing others?
    No, we send them to prison as well as trying to sort out why they kill people.

Besides, are the GM team coders?

Duping is an offense that gets you banned in *ANY* online game, so if a player knows that and still does it, he should be ready for the ban hammer at any moment.

But that's a whole different thread.

The purpose of this thread is to ask Kirk and GM's what's in store for current NC, since there's effort being put into it, and logically when that happens it means that there's a will to improve it... and make way for NC:R.

Like i said, perhaps restoring functionality to NC and solving the most offending bugs and problems plaguing it as of right now could be a way to grab some money to fund the porting process to a new engine.

I don't know how difficult or costly this would be, but it would be another step in the revival of NC.

Deep breath. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Big picture. everyone thats a part of neocron as it stands is doing what they can to improve the current game. The philosphy behind this is to clean up the game somewhat and fix some of the issues. The intention of this is to make the gameworld a much more fun and better place to play. The knock on effect (or at least what is hoped) is that this will promote a much nicer neocron and much less of the toxic environment that has been left to stagnate in the past.

end game is that hopefully people will come back to play neocron as it is right now. then in time they will bring friends etc and by the time neocron reloaded comes out (if/when?) it will have a substantially better subscriber base than it currently does. its an upward spiral from there.

How do i know this? i dont. but if I was making decisions over there this is exactly what i would be doing too.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Obviously duping doesn t belong into a good game and logically dupers should be banned.

What gives me (and propably most others who expressed critically here) a bitter aftertaste, is that after playing for years and not bothering to make new characters anymore with the current population,

I don t have to farm or trade for stuff anymore, and I'm _much more_ bothered by people using PvP hacks which was the reason for most of the people to leave, that I know of.

To step in towards any kind of cheating is a good thing, but to ban only the dupers while other cheats stay ignored isn t going to bring anyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak
    To step in towards any kind of cheating is a good thing, but to ban only the dupers while other cheats stay ignored isn t going to bring anyone back.
    Duping is easy to spot, sandwiches less so. However, people who dupe are also likely to eat sandwiches. So are they actually after dupers or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    Duping is easy to spot, sandwiches less so. However, people who dupe are also likely to eat sandwiches. So are they actually after dupers or not?
    I don't agree. Especially after Hoder told everyone how they go after dupers they can easily hide their stuff on other characters. (Really dumb move tbh)

And with the sandwiches so easily availible at the moment I think it's more of a dignity thing if you use them or not. (Although there s propably a small effect, but meh, still disappointing)

Read post #15 gents.

MrTrip why so bitter? This is not a flame but more of a surprised reaction and question to your previous posts. You are someone I have looked up to on these forums for many years but this kind of venom seems out of character for someone usually so mild mannered.

What happened dude?

As to everyone else - the insolvency is still a black cloud evidently but instead of arguing here how about we log in and play the game sometimes?

much love.

home in a week or so! get in!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    As to everyone else - the insolvency is still a black cloud evidently but instead of arguing here how about we log in and play the game sometimes?
    Couldn't agree more - considering it looks like KK and the GM team are doing something... and yet we got a couple of people who moan nothing is done, and now still moan that something is being done.

Also cheaters, hackers and dupers don't belong here or in game. I'm glad something is being done about them.

So to @Jaeon the post starter, my plan right now the plan is to log in and play NC, and let KK get things sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    Read post #15 gents.

MrTrip why so bitter? This is not a flame but more of a surprised reaction and question to your previous posts. You are someone I have looked up to on these forums for many years but this kind of venom seems out of character for someone usually so mild mannered.

What happened dude?

much love.

home in a week or so! get in!
    I was let down...just like other people who just aren't even here anymore, and aren't returning... I was lead to believe that most of this stuff was "just the way it was" and "nothing can be done".

I learned that the Anti-Cheat patch wasn't even really needed, and just an hour or two of real investigating could have fixed so many problems in Neocron, but it was all given up on and abandoned. We were abandoned and then picked up when their bright and shiny new game was taken away or whatever from them. Call me a broken hearted boyfriend, who feels like his ex is only coming back because her super model boyfriend screwed her over, and now she thinks she can rebound off me.

No. You can't rebound off me.... I waited for a solution for so long and when this crazy mass banning came....that isn't a solution, that is a band-aid. Like the exgirlfriend going "Look baby, the herpes dry up and disappear!" no, they are still there, they will be back, you need to cure them, not hide them....

I'm sorry I'm letting you down William, I'm sorry to anybody else who decided to look up to me, but I've offered all I have to offer upon deaf ears, so I give up. I won't rant anymore, I won't participate, forget it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    I was let down...just like other people who just aren't even here anymore, and aren't returning... I was lead to believe that most of this stuff was "just the way it was" and "nothing can be done".

I learned that the Anti-Cheat patch wasn't even really needed, and just an hour or two of real investigating could have fixed so many problems in Neocron, but it was all given up on and abandoned. We were abandoned and then picked up when their bright and shiny new game was taken away or whatever from them. Call me a broken hearted boyfriend, who feels like his ex is only coming back because her super model boyfriend screwed her over, and now she thinks she can rebound off me.

No. You can't rebound off me.... I waited for a solution for so long and when this crazy mass banning came....that isn't a solution, that is a band-aid. Like the exgirlfriend going "Look baby, the herpes dry up and disappear!" no, they are still there, they will be back, you need to cure them, not hide them....

I'm sorry I'm letting you down William, I'm sorry to anybody else who decided to look up to me, but I've offered all I have to offer upon deaf ears, so I give up. I won't rant anymore, I won't participate, forget it.
    Then your butthurt is directed at the wrong damn people. Those of us still here, daily, working to deal with the problems we have previously been unable to handle ARE NOT the ones who let it fester and ARE NOT the ones who have been inactive. I'll be damned if I will stand by and let people badmouth the hardworking, volunteers who have been able to comeback in force and get things accomplished. They have done an amazing job, and I for one appreciate all they do and will continue to do.

You can sit around QQ'ing into your Hello Kitty pillow, or you can step up and help US (not yourself - and you know exactly what I mean here). Things don't happen on your time table because you stomp your feet and whinge. I don't expect that sort of thing from my children, and I sure as hell don't expect it from grown adults on a gaming forum.

When we have a definitive plan of action it will be announced. For now, we will continue with the events, we will continue with the support, we will continue to eradicate the game of naughty monkeys. We, the volunteer team, appreciate all the support we can get and the kind words of those in the thread who know we are doing what we can have not gone unnoticed!
    Danae
    Account Management & Player Support
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

FacebookTwitterIRCPlay Neocron!Support RoutesRules of Conduct

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12