Quote Originally Posted by flib
    Without the old code, the current hacks and netcode problems will be gone forever and they can actually develop the game without having to deal with the current messy code.
    That, I wouldn't place a bet on either:

neocron RELOADED will utilize the highly advanced Unity engine technology, paired with our proven, reliable and scalable network and backend technology, community support tools and maintenance tools
    nc RELOADED is NOT developed from scratch, with a very good reason:
    - cost effective development utilizing already available assets and mechanics
    Current plans are obviously not limited to recycling the existing assets and gamedesign. What you seem to have in mind is a fresh code that utilizes old graphic assets... the above statements indicate quite the opposite: take the existing logic and swap out the presentational layer.

( Before you slay me for exaggerating... I know it is not that black and white and assuming NCs code base is the mess it must be, there will be a bit of rewriting game logic involved )

huh? still it's a fresh code mate! you can't easily port pieces of code into another... if KK does it right, they will implement their technology by writting a new code into Unity. Otherwise they will make NC:reloaded source code a mess... with bugs and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    still it's a fresh code ... if KK does it right ... Otherwise they will make NC:reloaded source code a mess... with bugs and whatnot.

that's what you said.

They never said it was neocron's netcode They have built the server code for BP, which by definition is better than neocron's

and the mechanics are game mechanics, not code mechanics.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    They have built the server code for BP, which by definition is better than neocron's
    #define NETCODE BP > NC

It would be cool if coding was just THAT easy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMeleeFreak
    #define NETCODE BP > NC

It would be cool if coding was just THAT easy.
    lol, i know right.

In case you were genuinely thinking that's what I meant though: my point was that they never said on the neocron:reloaded site that they were gonna use the neocron netcode, they said they had a good netcode developed by themselves. While of course it's not possible to just replace one netcode with another, making unity work with the BP server code is most likely much easier than to integrate the old neocron netcode in unity, especially since from what I can tell, there were no major problems with the netcode in BP (aside from instancing, though that's not really netcode).

Especially since from the original anti-cheat patch notes, it seems they did indeed try to replace a lot of the netcode by switching to an encrypted networking library.

and the "by definition" was a joke as in, neocron's netcode is the worst possible, so any other is by definition better
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    and the "by definition" was a joke as in, neocron's netcode is the worst possible, so any other is by definition better
    I know. I guessed that. Just couldn't resist my own joke .

I totally agree that "our proven, reliable and scalable network and backend technology" most likely points at the server software they produced for BP, which performs quite good taking into regard the number of moving objects in most sectors and complexity of free space movement in contrast to terrain based movement.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl
    If you have this new phone with quadcore inside ^^
    I have one with a dual core. Soon...soon...

Rainy Day

Could you PLS
    (prettyprettyprettyprettyprettyprettyprettyprettyprettyprettyprettypleasewithsugarontop)
    let us play the NC:R demo?

i think the NC:R Demo is just a little trailer.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh
    i think the NC:R Demo is just a little trailer.
    I think they said it's just plaza 1 in unity.

Rainy Day

I dont care.
    Just like to try it out.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Lenke
    I really would love to offer this to you. But I have to re-check possibilities first.

I get back to you if it is doable.

Cheers
    K.
    This would be unreal.

Sexy Pistol Spy

I'm super excited to see this happening and I support certain changes but leave PvP alone. One of the best aspects of this game was the PvP. Keep third person aaaaand do the character wipe. I think it would be fun to start from scratch and having to earn everything back.

Edit: Add Anarchy Breed and Trader Union factions! I remember this used to be a big deal back in NC1, it would be nice to finally see it implemented.
    Last edited by Kallima; 29-03-12 at 10:35.
    -Snipes
    -Physicx

Quote Originally Posted by Kallima
    Edit: Add Anarchy Breed and Trader Union factions! I remember this used to be a big deal back in NC1, it would be nice to finally see it implemented.
    I have a Trader Union Tradeskiller