Thread: Nc3!!!!

Santa "WantaFantaGrope" Boob Heavyporker's Avatar

All I can really say is.... vehicles better be more realistic in NC3!

What would bring joy to vehicles would be enabling the option for first-person view inside the larger vehicles. (Yes, yes, I know this means reworked vehicle designs for the APC and Rhino Tank and all Aircraft necessarily)

----

Geezus, a Rhino Tank *really* should be able to kill anything within a few shots from the main cannon. I acknowledge that the main cannon reqirements absurdly high, so that basically a near-capped GenTank would be needed to shoot it. Perhaps you could install a secondary machine-gunner or grenade-launcher mount on the Rhino Tank, though, with lower requirements. They also need excellent armor, so that powerful monsters and even concentrated fire from player weapons will have trouble penetrating. I acknowledge that perhaps they need to be much more expensive than now (increase cost to X*million neocredits?) They are not some piddly vehicles for scaring some desert critters or wasteland raiders. They are war machines intended to fight in real combat, intended to KILL people and DESTROY towns. The players need to have proper strategies and cooperation to fight even one Rhino Tank. A clan capable of affording several Tanks, of being big enough to have several Tanks driven into battle, should be taken seriously. There is always the option of searching for armor-piercing Anti-Vehicle Launchers. (P.S. - increase cost of Anti-Vehicle Launchers and make the ammo non-recyclable)

If you want to stop players from using war machines for hunting desert mobs, I advise you: make vehicle ammo non-recyclable. Raise the price of vehicle ammo to at least 5000 neocredits per clip of Vehicle Cannon Ammo and Vehicle Rocket Ammo and Vehicle Grenade Ammo. I promise you, that will shock players and cause them to think more cautiously about the use of combat vehicles.

P.S. - leave the cost of 20mm Vehicle Machine Gun Ammo alone, people will need something cheap for the wastelands, even if it is not recyclable.

P.P.S. - Also, regularize the machine-gun ammo for the 55 STR and above to 50mm, instead of switching between 20mm and 30mm. Yes, it is massive. It should be. Have you even seen these things. Delete all 30mm! Leave the 20mm to the bikes and trikes and gliders!
    ---

Make the vehicle grenade-launcher mount work properly. Can anyone even use the fast car with the grenade-launcher without killing themselves?

The machine-gun mount on the Scorpion Trikes...

You know what, all the weapon damages on the vehicles needs looking at. It's very, very odd and disappointing when damage rates don't compare realistically.

The combat chain-craft, assault bike, and Terminator Assault Quad needs to be accessible by these below STR level 25.

The combat hover-bike and the Scorpion Trikes need to be accessible to these below STR level 45.

The combat wheeler car needs to have its grenade-launcher mount accessible to players who can hit STR 50.

----

The practical issue is that the 20mm guns on the trikes, the rocket-launcher on the Assault Quad, and the grenade-launcher mount simply MUST have their firing arc increased and the gunner must be capable of turning the weapon independently of the vehicle's orientation. I've heard the flippant excuse that driver and gunner needs to cooperate better. That cuts no cheese with me. Change this.

Changing the gunner requirements means that ground combat vehicles will once again be much more appealing to the Private Eye and Spy classes, as it was originally intended to, not only GenTanks.

----

By the way, the HoverBomber should have higher bomb-drop requirements than the gliders, in my opinion.

The weapon requirements for the Gliders are absurdly, ridiculously high.

The Assault Glider and the advanced Scout ***MUST*** be usable by PEs. Sure, maybe capped PEs, but at least open it to them! Reduce STR requirement to 55 STR!

I concede that there might be the Air Guard, but that opens access to Spies. Opening both Assault Glider and Air Guard to the PEs sounds wonderful.

As to the Advanced Assault Glider, the pilot requirements MUST be lowered to 55 STR. I concede that the bomb-drop seat may be reserved to GenTanks, but at least lower the STR requirement to, say, 70 STR?

----

My advice to you, think more deeply about how *WE* use combat vehicles. They are supposed to be important and useful and powerful. Don't weaken them or limit them to capped GenTank players only.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyporker
    All I can really say is.... vehicles better be more realistic in NC3!

What would bring joy to vehicles would be enabling the option for first-person view inside the larger vehicles. (Yes, yes, I know this means reworked vehicle designs for the APC and Rhino Tank and all Aircraft necessarily)

----

Geezus, a Rhino Tank *really* should be able to kill anything within a few shots from the main cannon. I acknowledge that the main cannon reqirements absurdly high, so that basically a near-capped GenTank would be needed to shoot it. Perhaps you could install a secondary machine-gunner or grenade-launcher mount on the Rhino Tank, though, with lower requirements. They also need excellent armor, so that powerful monsters and even concentrated fire from player weapons will have trouble penetrating. I acknowledge that perhaps they need to be much more expensive than now (increase cost to X*million neocredits?) They are not some piddly vehicles for scaring some desert critters or wasteland raiders. They are war machines intended to fight in real combat, intended to KILL people and DESTROY towns. The players need to have proper strategies and cooperation to fight even one Rhino Tank. A clan capable of affording several Tanks, of being big enough to have several Tanks driven into battle, should be taken seriously. There is always the option of searching for armor-piercing Anti-Vehicle Launchers. (P.S. - increase cost of Anti-Vehicle Launchers and make the ammo non-recyclable)

If you want to stop players from using war machines for hunting desert mobs, I advise you: make vehicle ammo non-recyclable. Raise the price of vehicle ammo to at least 5000 neocredits per clip of Vehicle Cannon Ammo and Vehicle Rocket Ammo and Vehicle Grenade Ammo. I promise you, that will shock players and cause them to think more cautiously about the use of combat vehicles.

P.S. - leave the cost of 20mm Vehicle Machine Gun Ammo alone, people will need something cheap for the wastelands, even if it is not recyclable.

P.P.S. - Also, regularize the machine-gun ammo for the 55 STR and above to 50mm, instead of switching between 20mm and 30mm. Yes, it is massive. It should be. Have you even seen these things. Delete all 30mm! Leave the 20mm to the bikes and trikes and gliders!
    ---

Make the vehicle grenade-launcher mount work properly. Can anyone even use the fast car with the grenade-launcher without killing themselves?

The machine-gun mount on the Scorpion Trikes...

You know what, all the weapon damages on the vehicles needs looking at. It's very, very odd and disappointing when damage rates don't compare realistically.

The combat chain-craft, assault bike, and Terminator Assault Quad needs to be accessible by these below STR level 25.

The combat hover-bike and the Scorpion Trikes need to be accessible to these below STR level 45.

The combat wheeler car needs to have its grenade-launcher mount accessible to players who can hit STR 50.

----

The practical issue is that the 20mm guns on the trikes, the rocket-launcher on the Assault Quad, and the grenade-launcher mount simply MUST have their firing arc increased and the gunner must be capable of turning the weapon independently of the vehicle's orientation. I've heard the flippant excuse that driver and gunner needs to cooperate better. That cuts no cheese with me. Change this.

Changing the gunner requirements means that ground combat vehicles will once again be much more appealing to the Private Eye and Spy classes, as it was originally intended to, not only GenTanks.

----

By the way, the HoverBomber should have higher bomb-drop requirements than the gliders, in my opinion.

The weapon requirements for the Gliders are absurdly, ridiculously high.

The Assault Glider and the advanced Scout ***MUST*** be usable by PEs. Sure, maybe capped PEs, but at least open it to them! Reduce STR requirement to 55 STR!

I concede that there might be the Air Guard, but that opens access to Spies. Opening both Assault Glider and Air Guard to the PEs sounds wonderful.

As to the Advanced Assault Glider, the pilot requirements MUST be lowered to 55 STR. I concede that the bomb-drop seat may be reserved to GenTanks, but at least lower the STR requirement to, say, 70 STR?

----

My advice to you, think more deeply about how *WE* use combat vehicles. They are supposed to be important and useful and powerful. Don't weaken them or limit them to capped GenTank players only.
    Thumbs up to this man. You've said everything I want... cept you forgot mechs... Seriously. Some kickass 2-3 meter tall armor suits would be sick as hell. Hell. Ill draw some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeon
    KK will fix this eventually.

Santa "WantaFantaGrope" Boob Heavyporker's Avatar

Yes! Mechs!

Even one Mech.... *sigh*

Remember the preview screenshot of a rumored Mech from years ago? The thrill was delicious.

--------------
    Oh, and here's another suggestion for further reducing the likelihood of people using combat vehicles for mob-hunting: raise Vehicle Depot auto-repair fees by some multiple of what they currently are.

This would probably make it more expensive for runners with the Repair Skill to manually repair vehicles, too, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

---------------

Oh, and I think I have a solution to the "swirly" problem. Make the weapons models themselves have illumination effects. Higher level weapons have stonger effects. But when you line up people with different levels of the same weapon, they look somewhat similar.

- Like, fusion weapons would have their power cores and vents exude incandescent light. Like... remember the "Transformers" movie where one of the big robots is pointing his cannon and there's all these rotating muzzles inside the cannon.
    - Raygun weapons flicker with purplish lightning from their muzzles.
    - Rocket weapons have smoke fuming out from their muzzles. Like exhaust from an old car's muffler.
    - ETC.

Egalitarian and still rewarding of higher levels.
    Last edited by Heavyporker; 01-01-12 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyporker
    Oh, and I think I have a solution to the "swirly" problem. Make the weapons models themselves have illumination effects. Higher level weapons have stonger effects. But when you line up people with different levels of the same weapon, they look somewhat similar.

- Like, fusion weapons would have their power cores and vents exude incandescent light. Like... remember the "Transformers" movie where one of the big robots is pointing his cannon and there's all these rotating muzzles inside the cannon.
    - Raygun weapons flicker with purplish lightning from their muzzles.
    - Rocket weapons have smoke fuming out from their muzzles. Like exhaust from an old car's muffler.
    Could work. As long as we don't end up wth WoW-like solutions,,,
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I'd be tempted to remove all requirements from vehicles entirely, and simply base their performance on stats.

Speed, turning circle and direction response - VHC.

Weapons - Primarily WEP and PSU so most people can use them (including melee users) but also HC, PC, RC, RCL, VHC and FCS (with a slight bias for HC).

Neocron 3? Hell it's about time

Nixon / Slick Mink / Kitsune

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon
    x
    I was looking for the like button

Cool pic bro.

very nice pic, though I miss the arrogance of the copbots
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    very nice pic, though I miss the arrogance of the copbots
    Indeed, though it does have a certain coldness about it....

It looks like about Warbot size though

They are working on Neocron 3 as soon as they can, they just need money and more people power!
    http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144921

Talk to friendly venture capitalists, invade the financial forums, occupy london City and wall street lol!

Moderator Edit:
    These posts were originally made in the "Community Project - Neocron:Source - Thread 3" thread and have been moved here after cleaning as a valid discussion regarding genre and art styles.

Personal attacks on other forum users as always are not tolerated.

Triv

####################################################

I'm not sure about this tokyo idea I never liked animey stuff it's like art vandalism, molly from neuromancer series is one of my heroes and that was in japan tho.. so.. I dunno, it depends on what it would be like I guess it's sad that a lot of art gets outsourced to china now... I would love if they had a character creator like apb.com tattoo and clothes customisability (where you can literally draw your own stuff) mixed with cityofvillains.com for wider variety of clothes and face/body slider full customsiation and more attention given to character stories and stuff too as well as exploring... I hate grinding stuff it'sonly fn when it's fun enough to not acount when its not so structured like missions hwere you can just do your own thing to get what you want mostly like with regants I loved that place I remember fighting the whole room with doombeamer and creed so fun (before drugs and lom recommendation from a pvper ruined my character and i didnt want to grind all the xp back and hate the implants repair and everything like that from pvp i just hate pvp realy in games like this where its more work than fun and so unbalanced - if i want pvp I play something like newerth.com where everyone is equal in what they can pick, it's not who has the most money or grinded the most
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 01-03-12 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by daughterolilith
    I'm not sure about this tokyo idea I never liked animey stuff it's like art vandalism, molly from neuromancer series is one of my heroes and that was in japan tho.. so.. I dunno, it depends on what it would be like I guess it's sad that a lot of art gets outsourced to china now... I would love if they had a character creator like apb.com tattoo and clothes customisability (where you can literally draw your own stuff) mixed with cityofvillains.com for wider variety of clothes and face/body slider full customsiation and more attention given to character stories and stuff too as well as exploring... I hate grinding stuff it'sonly fn when it's fun enough to not acount when its not so structured like missions hwere you can just do your own thing to get what you want mostly like with regants I loved that place I remember fighting the whole room with doombeamer and creed so fun (before drugs and lom recommendation from a pvper ruined my character and i didnt want to grind all the xp back and hate the implants repair and everything like that from pvp i just hate pvp realy in games like this where its more work than fun and so unbalanced - if i want pvp I play something like newerth.com where everyone is equal in what they can pick, it's not who has the most money or grinded the most

Paragraphs and full stops would make this easier to read.

However I dont think neo Tokyo is a bad idea personally. The anime/cultural stuff would appeal to a whole new market of gamers and the die hard would have their nc 1 back.

Essentially we would have some old and some new - the best of both worlds so to speak. Pardon the pun. However I like the idea of pvp being equal. I think it would need to be in instanced battlegrounds however - akin to wow - but then you would need to have an item rating system like in wow and then youre just on a slippery slope down to being a wow clone. I am not sure nc should be like this.

I think bugs aside nc1 worked pretty well. I dont see why we have to vary wildly away from this quite honestly. It is a bloody good starting point for updating the game. Once the initial content is out you can always start developing your add ons etc from there but initially I think we should stick with what works (worked).

Inherently NC is a pvp mmo. In order to satisfy the people who prefer not to pvp I think that there should be a chip of some description... something to remove them from the PVP landscape. Maybe they could call it Law Enforcement or something like in Clockwork Orange so that you cant break the law. Or have people programmed like Robocop so that they cant attack each other.

I think this law enforcement chip would be a brilliant idea for people who dont like to pvp though, that should definitely be implemented...

Failing that just make a separate server where pvp is banned and let the community decide at Character creation.

"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

For a lot of people animey stuff will put them straight off a game.

And get a life if you think everything needs to be anally-retentive perfect in an internet chat...

Quote Originally Posted by daughterolilith
    And get a life if you think everything needs to be anally-retentive perfect in an internet chat...
    It's not really about being perfect, it's about readability, I know I don't bother reading giant texts like that because it's way too tiring without some formatting.

Formatting wasn't introduced so people could get their anal retentive thrill on, it's a practical requirement for people to actually be able to read something. Of course in internet chats you don't need to capitalize everything (or stick to perfect punctuation and grammar as long as the sentences make sense). Simple paragraphs and shorter sentences make reading so much easier.

It also makes it far more likely that people actually read and understand what you are saying, as it's far less likely for them to make mistakes.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)