Thread: Battlefield 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Didn't Red Faction have destructive scenery? So much so that you could make your own tunnels through the rocks. It was innovative back then, now, it's just been updated.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo
    Didn't Red Faction have destructive scenery? So much so that you could make your own tunnels through the rocks. It was innovative back then, now, it's just been updated.
    havok engine i think it was. Destructible buildings and stuff. not the scenery. similar but different.

on the topic. i havent seen many games where you can run around jump in cars and planes and shit and parachute out and go attack people other than the flashpoint games and americas army or what ever. theres alot of generic fps games that are military shooters but not many with vehicles. 6 years ago every man and his dog was doin world war 2 shooters. then bf2 came along. now its all about modern combat because thats what the fans want and love. someone will bring something different and new and it will change again.

maybe a good cyberpunk fps game would be nice (seewhatididthere!!! :P)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    It is innovative in that it is bringing destructible scenery.

To the best of my knowledge so far the only 2 games bringing a feature like this are: Unreal 3 (utter shite and not worthy of the storied franchise) and BF Bad Company.... (original Frostbite Engine).

BF3 runs the Frostbite 2 engine and has brought Battlefield 2 smack bang up to date.

Personally I like the game.

Elric are you planning to play it on Xbox at all?

My gamer tag can be pm'ed if so.
    Red Faction did do destruction too although I never played it so dont know to what extent.

No plans for getting it on any other platform but the misses might.
    Proud founding member of

Maas Neotek

First clan on Pluto

Chars: DronerElric, Kalim, Ciara, Elric Brtr, Elric Drvr

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    havok engine i think it was. Destructible buildings and stuff. not the scenery. similar but different
    No, no. You could blast holes through mountains and create your own caverns and tunnels, (if you had enough ammo). I'd classify that as scenery personally.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Red Faction Engine is called GeoMod and is genuine to Volition.
    And i think the freedom of destruction was bigger in the first game then in the later ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geo-Mod
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Doc was referring to Red Faction Guerrilla or whatever it was called on the xbox and yes that was the havok engine. Dont know about previous versions as I never played them.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I brought up Red Faction and I was talking about the first one. And yes the first one was far more extensive with it's destructible scenery.

I know. Just talking about different editions.

Just finished downloading the game, currently installing, but doubt it will run on my crappy Athlon II x64 4800+. I WANT MY PHENOM II X4 NOW!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elric
    I did have a PS3 but only got an Xbox now, PS3 died and honestly couldnt see the point replacing it. Get him a decent PC Danae
    He just got a second PS3 - if someone in this house is getting a decent PC it's me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo
    I brought up Red Faction and I was talking about the first one. And yes the first one was far more extensive with it's destructible scenery.
    calm down. i got mixed up. i didnt know u could blow holes in mountains. sounds like fun.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    calm down. i got mixed up. i didnt know u could blow holes in mountains. sounds like fun.
    NO! You made a mistake on the internet and must be corrected with all the venom and sarcasm I can muster.

Sorry if I came across pissy in my other post(s), not my intention.

Haha I just saw something hilarious.

Jodo is a blue and you're telling him to calm down.

Calm down, calm down ey ey ey....

Brilliant.

Ok back in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    Haha I just saw something hilarious.

Jodo is a blue and you're telling him to calm down.

Calm down, calm down ey ey ey....

Brilliant.

Ok back in the box.

it was intended in such a way
    Something is wrong.

BF3 will die just like the rest of them no one liked 10 mins treking across an open battlefield just have your whole team annihilated in 10 secs with one hacker in a jet.

TBh you are all expecting way to much from FPS imo unreal 2k4 was a lot of fun, ever sicne 9/11 everyone's focus is on covert ops, just gotta know your market..

Im just glad the halo generation has grown up out that crap, thank god we wont be seeing those steaming piles anymore

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast