Thread: Neocron is....

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

and p1 wasnt a safe zone for a while it was cool. i remember blowing away an annoying runner on my tradeskiller who was being a tard and then tried to hide behind the copbots. Beam of Hell > level 40 spy.

however it soon gave way to gankers and it got changed back to being safe. personally i think that this is better as it was the trade hub of nc and i liked it that way. i remember the days of nc1 and having to actually mute local and use dm or trade for business transactions there was so many people there.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Back when DJ poked, I would stand the the right of the door to medicare and spend hours 'servicing' people.

I did at one point like Techhaven sector 2 being the trade hub for a while in NC2. (And also it was a safe zone)

However, Techhaven not being the home to Fallen Angels wasn't a good move. I'm glad they changed it back in the F6 patch.

What we need now, is some more clans in Techhaven and a couple of raids from a couple of hostile factions. It beats pushing off the illegal sandwich makers off from a high height.

I remember sneaking into DoY with a small team of snipers and double tapping dirty anti-city scum as they went about their daily lives and then disappearing into the wastelands once the hunting teams got too big.

Also remember people paying me to go to Doy and get them holovests etc and bring them back to Neocron.

I remember OP fighting every night for 2-3 hours at a time vs the GLA on Uranus. I remember op fights starting as 10v10 then increasing to 10v15, 10v20, 10v30 and then 10v the german speaking population of the server. I remember whole weekends passing in a blur of alcohol and pringles.

I remember fighting Der Synchronizers, MJ12, RDZ, R2k, =SSC=, UKUSA Rangers and the uTs and even sometimes the Roughnecks too when they werent licking their wounds.

I remember people turning off trade chat when Matt and Lee started flaming and going "oh God sYn are op fighting again".

I remember being in the best pro City Clan since most of the Ronins quit, the only TT clan to ever hold OPs consistently (4) on Uranus despite being hacked most nights.

I remember literally every night getting DM's from new runners asking to join the Regulators because we helped noobs out and still had time to pvp and look good doing it.

I remember Flux coming back to the server and coming to Black Dragon and having some awesome opfights/fight night events with them.

I remember walking into Plaza 1 and seeing clans like Itrek, Technocratic Order, Scorpion Riders, D5G, The Ronins, The uTs and Synchz USA and thinking wow.... now this IS NEOCRON!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    I remember OP fighting every night for 2-3 hours at a time vs the GLA on Uranus. I remember op fights starting as 10v10 then increasing to 10v15, 10v20, 10v30 and then 10v the german speaking population of the server. I remember whole weekends passing in a blur of alcohol and pringles.

I remember fighting Der Synchronizers, MJ12, RDZ, R2k, =SSC=, UKUSA Rangers and the uTs and even sometimes the Roughnecks too when they werent licking their wounds.

I remember people turning off trade chat when Matt and Lee started flaming and going "oh God sYn are op fighting again".

I remember being in the best pro City Clan since most of the Ronins quit, the only TT clan to ever hold OPs consistently (4) on Uranus despite being hacked most nights.

I remember literally every night getting DM's from new runners asking to join the Regulators because we helped noobs out and still had time to pvp and look good doing it.

I remember Flux coming back to the server and coming to Black Dragon and having some awesome opfights/fight night events with them.

I remember walking into Plaza 1 and seeing clans like Itrek, Technocratic Order, Scorpion Riders, D5G, The Ronins, The uTs and Synchz USA and thinking wow.... now this IS NEOCRON!
    Ahhhh; memory lane... again

God Neocron sounded so good back when it was in its prime, wish I didn't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    Ahhhh; memory lane... again
    Aye.

you need to go to Garriotts diner my lad. Check out some threads in there. You will know which one to look at.

Ashley003 - it was the best thing ever. It was the most fun I ever had in a pc game. I have really never had such a good time playing games than what nc1 gave me. Some of my best friends play it now and I didnt know them when i started.

I get all nostalgic about once a month and log in but it won't ever be the same. I stick around these days cos i hope, like one or two other old timers; that nc3 will be what nc1 was to those of us who experienced it.

I don't resent the people who never played it like some "grizzled vets" do in other games I have played. I don't look down on those people who didn't play Burning Crusade or only joined after Wrath of the Lich King.

I feel bad for the guys who found this addiction so late into nc2 or 2.2 or whenever else they started down the dark road of burdening their hard drives with zoneline bugs and fatal errors.

I feel bad for them because they didn't get a proper chance to experience this game in its heyday. You can call me a fanboi, you can call me a rose-tinted glasses person. I couldn't care a toss.

We put up with imbalances in our classes, we lived through Monkocron and we fought back with our guns. We fought with hybrids 2v1 in Pepper Park and by God we managed to survive with the psychopaths who thought Kamikaze chips were a good idea. We also survived Johnny 5's, the Tank nerf, the Hybrid nerf and a myriad of other bugs.

We were Lowtech PE's when the crossbow came out and by God we slaughtered the "elite" crossbow PE's by the numbers.

We put up with the lip bug when everyone else wore power armour and we bled alongside the best of them. We were Neocron, its beating heart and its putrid soul.

We bitched and whined with the best of them when we got beat and we tried to come up with sensible suggestions when we had calmed down. We lived this game for the best part of 5 years and then after too much let down we had to quit. We retired. I was the last one to leave in my clan and I had to turn the light off in the clan apartment for the last time.

It was not just a game. It was a career. That's why we played.

That's why I am still here.

I want my clan, I want my family back.

Aye.

you need to go to Garriotts diner my lad. Check out some threads in there. You will know which one to look at.

Ashley003 - it was the best thing ever. It was the most fun I ever had in a pc game. I have really never had such a good time playing games than what nc1 gave me. Some of my best friends play it now and I didnt know them when i started.

I get all nostalgic about once a month and log in but it won't ever be the same. I stick around these days cos i hope, like one or two other old timers; that nc3 will be what nc1 was to those of us who experienced it.

I don't resent the people who never played it like some "grizzled vets" do in other games I have played. I don't look down on those people who didn't play Burning Crusade or only joined after Wrath of the Lich King.

I feel bad for the guys who found this addiction so late into nc2 or 2.2 or whenever else they started down the dark road of burdening their hard drives with zoneline bugs and fatal errors.

I feel bad for them because they didn't get a proper chance to experience this game in its heyday. You can call me a fanboi, you can call me a rose-tinted glasses person. I couldn't care a toss.

We put up with imbalances in our classes, we lived through Monkocron and we fought back with our guns. We fought with hybrids 2v1 in Pepper Park and by God we managed to survive with the psychopaths who thought Kamikaze chips were a good idea. We also survived Johnny 5's, the Tank nerf, the Hybrid nerf and a myriad of other bugs.

We were Lowtech PE's when the crossbow came out and by God we slaughtered the "elite" crossbow PE's by the numbers.

We put up with the lip bug when everyone else wore power armour and we bled alongside the best of them. We were Neocron, its beating heart and its putrid soul.

We bitched and whined with the best of them when we got beat and we tried to come up with sensible suggestions when we had calmed down. We lived this game for the best part of 5 years and then after too much let down we had to quit. We retired. I was the last one to leave in my clan and I had to turn the light off in the clan apartment for the last time.

Wow it sounds like it used to be so good, I enjoy Neocron alot even today and if it's just a shadow of its former self I would have loved to play it back in the day! xD

Aye.

thats about 4 beers down before fingers hit keyboard. im gonna be suprised if im wrong. i can tell by the way you write bro

the good old days. how much we could recreate i dont know but im sure we could. optimism.

brammers i like your idea. smashing up tech haven has always been fun
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Two and a half.

They are working on Neocron 3 as soon as they can, they just need money and more people power!
    http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=144921

Talk to friendly venture capitalists, invade the financial forums, occupy london City and wall street lol!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213