Quote Originally Posted by Genology
    Fo real, and if there is any class that needs to be tweaked its pe's not spys. Pistol pe's can run around at full speed with pistol drawn and empty a clip of ammo on u before u can get 8 cs rounds off, all while being able to run cast decent asd. Oh and stealth.... So dont say spys are unstoppable thats complete shit id have to say almost no spy will beat any of the other properly setup class's
    lol. Everyone knows pe's are not what they used to be.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Genology
    Fo real, and if there is any class that needs to be tweaked its pe's not spys. Pistol pe's can run around at full speed with pistol drawn and empty a clip of ammo on u before u can get 8 cs rounds off, all while being able to run cast decent asd. Oh and stealth.... So dont say spys are unstoppable thats complete shit id have to say almost no spy will beat any of the other properly setup class's
    u sure u played in the last few years? pe's vs tank or spy of equal skill will always lose unless the pe gets in all the ionic shots (and has enough ionic pistols in his belt).
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

like 11 right 11 ionic pistols
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

lol, well, if u have 4 ionic pistols (like I do), and actually manage to hit all of the shots (like I never do), then u can kill even a buffed spy. the problem is hitting them all tho
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I want longer stealth :(

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian
    i'm totally jonesing for some PvP or caving.

It's a really nice day out today. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and part of me can't help but thinking "It sure would be a nice day to go WB hunting in I-06."
    That feeling is akin to visiting an old bar that you haven't been to in years, or tasting a drink / dessert that you used to love that you haven't tasted for years.. just to see if you still like it. Then it tastes delicious and wonder why you ever neglected it in the first place.

Is one ever completely cured of the NC addiction?
    You can go spend money on therapy if you want to, but is it a bad thing? Is it harmful? Or does it just feed your endorphin craving?

When you go caving with an AoE weapon that hits a large cluster of mobs at once and you see the multitude of numbers flying up.. does it remind you of the feeling of popping bubble-wrap several bubbles at a time.. or even walking on it?

Then there are the people that make the game what it is: its niche community. How many people have you wanted to meet up with in real life compared to the people you meet in other games? Do you share the same tastes, the same fetishes? If any teenager told their parent they were off out to meet some person they met on the internet, they'd probably call the police. Yet NC players have met up for real and formed bonds and friendships that they have carried into other games, hobbies and interests for years afterwards. I started playing Neocron back in 2003. Yes, that's eight years ago. Since then, I've travelled all over the country and even abroad to visit people I've never met before in my life. Now it's 2011 and only the week before last, I spend a fantastic weekend at a once in a lifetime event in a far away city with... some random person I knew from NC years ago.

The people with the vision for this game and its depth of features really knew how to get into our heads and to make us want more. You still press that START button in F7 with eager anticipation that the tooltip in your result window will say "free slots: 5". If not this time, maybe next time. It's better than gambling, only you don't lose all your household money over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzaki Iejir
    Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.
    Next time we go to war, that's us fucked then

Bend Over, Touch Your Toes Load's Avatar

Neocron was my Youth, started aged what about 13/12 back in 2003, now im 21 still trawling through the nc forums hoping some of the old names are considering going back, starting up another -syn- and im 21 now. I will never be rid of the urge to log on and stir shit up on Trade NC and try to kill shit

Quote Originally Posted by Load
    Neocron was my Youth, started aged what about 13/12 back in 2003...
    You weren't that totaly missskilled HC Tank at Military Base Bunker called Poopypants on Saturn?

no i was if i remember rightly the mis skilled apu spy on uranus

no i was if i remember rightly the mis skilled apu spy on uranus
    what class did u have skill with ? ;P

Dude. me and my dearest brother have been sayin for months how we wish another nc would happen or this one would get fixed.

Im in australia now almost finished a 2 year course with a view to settling here permanently if all goes right for me. the one thing that would honestly make me think for a moment about moving back closer to europe would be an nc3.

sad but true. ping would be a problem from here and time difference even though i have known a fair few australian runners (Ostrich, sultana, pealz, clubsport to name 4 off the top of my head from uranus way back when) and yavimaya from the forums. However it wouldnt be the same as being able to get onlien one evening and seeing all the old faces and seeing the message flash up "Security level 1 down" and the rush of adrenaline before the OP fight about to happen.

(in my dreams its not a ninja hack :P)
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    what class did u have skill with ? ;P
    All the ones i spanked your arse with, but then lets be honest doesnt take skill to do that

yeah lifes massively moving on for me too, graduating from uni this year looking to do a masters next year then move to Hong Kong after i graduate from that so ping might finally become a prob for me then.
    i've tried game after game after game and theres still no comparable adrenaline rush to the ones i used to get in NC, and trolling the nerds on trade NC isnt the same in any other game either

is NC stil free by the way?

is NC stil free by the way?
    yes, not very enjoyable tho if ur into pvp

What else is there to do in nc?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    What else is there to do in nc?
    I've found there's quite a lot of people that played just for pve farming and tradeskilling, and hardly ever pvp'ed.

I don't understand the attraction myself, so I get why you're asking, but hearing people reminisce about "hunting warbots in I05" seems indicative.

They PvE for the same reason people play WoW.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast