Default Thursdag December 23 - Community Run Event!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB
    23rd December 2010: GMT 8pm-10pm - we'll refine that closer to the day.

Event: "Capture the Theif"

Background:
    Professional infiltrator has stolen top secret corporate information. No further information required. CA unable to assist but have offered to reward safe return of stolen item with special prize. All agents currently attempting to locate information on known location of Theif. Contact person will make announcements to all willing to participate runners and clans when infomation becomes availible.

Rules:
    1. Intel will be disclosed on HELP channel as to last known Theif sightings and assumed identity. This will mark start of event.

2. A grace period will exist where the theif may not even be capturable and only chase-able to allow maximum participation. This period will expire at our discression.

3. The Theif will be LE'd and in disguise of a regular runner.

4. To 'capture' the theif you simply have to open a trade window when possible with the theif when you have captured/cornered him/her - See point 2 above.
    The Theif will then surrender the important information/token he/she has stolen in exchange for his/her release.
    This info/token is to be returned to the specified official for your reward.
    The runner who captures the Theif has to complete this transaction, his or her death is only to the theifs benefit.

5. The Theif will obviously not want to be apprehanded and do what he/she can to evade capture. If the Theif is killed during this pursute then it is very likely they will have a genrep from which they will respawn and be very vunerable for a short period of time. This however will NOT be used as a means of escape.

6. Further info regarding sightings may become availible. Cannot gurantee accuracy or validity of information however.

7. Any cheating will not be tollerated and will mean exclusion from any potential prizes.

8. It's a free for all. Obviously LE'd runners dont have to worry about anything other than mobs but others are free to exert their dominance.

9. The theif will NOT use any un-fair means of escape or protection like entering faction HQ's.

10. The officials decision is final on everything.

Hope this goes well. Bit of a test run really. Maybe we'll organise some more stuff next year. Got loads of ideas people willing
    Thought I'd make a new thread so people know it's tomorrow night, and the other thread can be used to discuss future ones. Hopefully this can also be stickied/moved to event forum.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Officials for the event will be Garfield, Msressi and Biglines. Their decision is final on everything.
    Information as to when the event starts, who the 'stolen item' must be returned to etc.. will be given over the HELP channel at or around 8pm GMT.

In addition to rule 4 above. A few smaller 'Bribe' type prizes may be given away initially prior to surrender of the final 'item'. Involvement depending.
    Last edited by RAB; 23-12-10 at 12:20.
    Titan: Cronos (HC Tank) Newb | Cronos- (Rifle Spy +Poke)

Chairwoman FA

Sounds good so far RAB, I am ready for it.
    Read your mail, I have added another surprise prize.

See u tonight.
    Ressi Blade
    Major General House DoY - Titan
    Chairwoman Fallen Angels Terra
    Chairwoman Fallen Angels Mars

Defender Of The Faith

hey rab mate

sorry to say i carnt let ppl chase my LE'd runner i have a swedish xmas thing to
    dow iwth the family :S they do xmas a diff way here :P

maybe next time

I can do it.

Name's Voxis and I can run like a mofo.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

the event has now started on terra!
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

and the server goes offline lol
    loose wire- researcher ,live wire - cst, bartmoss- droner/hacker
    , mrs lovitt- rifle spy(wifes char)nikkon-HC tank,

Clan fury - we have what you need

Quote Originally Posted by nikkon
    and the server goes offline lol
    I know no GMs could be bothered to help out, but actively opposing us!

lol ye its pathetic isnt it....

all my toons are stuck in sync.
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

So is this not happening at the moment?

it is....

just got troubles to log back in over and over
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"

after half an hour of trying to log in, im giving up, can't imagine others not having the same problems.

Is this going to be rescheduled or tried later today or anything?

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

You know, the server lists 2% online, but I cannot log on.

Well, ollocks to this. I'll be back after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    after half an hour of trying to log in, im giving up, can't imagine others not having the same problems.
    same probs here cant get back in. its a shame either bugs, the server or the com itself fuckes up events like this.

iam sorry RAB still cant get a toon online. all of them are stuck in sync. pretty disappointing i can tell ya
    Last edited by Garfield; 23-12-10 at 23:03.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast