Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default make new accts possible

just make new accounts possible. just a simple page where users can create a account. ill promote this game to hell and we will see server population at 100% in 1 week. just please make creating new accounts easy and fast.

at least, fix current one - both buttons "box version" and "test version" leads back to themselves

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm
    we will see server population at 100% in 1 week.
    lol...naw, good try tho ya had me laughing pretty hard for a second there.

I personally haven't made a new account since...I starting playing. But I've seen many other people start new accounts, rather recently aswell. I dunno what your doing wrong, but whatever it is...ur doing it wrong.
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    lol...naw, good try tho ya had me laughing pretty hard for a second there.

I personally haven't made a new account since...I starting playing. But I've seen many other people start new accounts, rather recently aswell. I dunno what your doing wrong, but whatever it is...ur doing it wrong.
    you think it cant be done? you dont know the power of email marketing.

us players cant make a free trial account currently. since the game is free why not make it easy to register for new players. i just started playing again and i tried tried creating an account and it took me over an hour and i couldnt do it. had to go thru my old email to find an account i made back in 06 to play again.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

New accounts aren't free though, just existing ones.
    It's also not clear why KK would want 2000 new people requiring support without getting any money for it either.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Because some of these may stay once payment is activated [which likely will never happen, so perhaps they'll just stay and play for free]. Its free, so perhaps they'll just accept the game as it is.

I might be delusional.

I believe it's quite possible to still make a new account, you just have to purchase a box of the game with an unused key for like 5 bucks.

you do realize that in most countries (including germany afaik) mail advertising (aka spam) is illegal? even blue hat is frowned upon by serious companies
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    you do realize that in most countries (including germany afaik) mail advertising (aka spam) is illegal? even blue hat is frowned upon by serious companies
    bulk mailing is not illegal as long as the recipient opted in to receiving your email and you provide a valid unsubscribe link. A few other things are needed but those 2 are the major ones.

read up on the can spam act.

edit: also bluehat doesnt exist. its just a blog. you might be referring to blackhat but serious companies do not mind it as long as they make profit and get little complaints.
    Last edited by tarasm; 11-11-10 at 23:24.

thats american i take it?

most peope that would be interested in nc i don't see stupid enough to subscribe to spam lists except the ones that you get paid for to subscribe to

still, only way nc is going to be slightly more succesful is to finally get the anti-cheat patch, a patch that fixes the glaring bugs, and a content patch. advertising might bring new people, but just like when the game canceled subscriptions, people will leave after a few weeks. i mean, does the OP even play the game?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    thats american i take it?

most peope that would be interested in nc i don't see stupid enough to subscribe to spam lists except the ones that you get paid for to subscribe to

still, only way nc is going to be slightly more succesful is to finally get the anti-cheat patch, a patch that fixes the glaring bugs, and a content patch. advertising might bring new people, but just like when the game canceled subscriptions, people will leave after a few weeks. i mean, does the OP even play the game?
    email marketing is the most effective way to advertise online.

there will be people that will leave but there will also be players that will stay. the community will be more active overall and neocron wont be a ghost town. just make it possible to create 10 day free trial accounts. the people who will want to play the game after the trial is over will find a way to play. either it be pbc or somehow paying by c2p which doesnt work for americans.

neocron can be alive again.

making accounts is possible for non-americans with click2pay afaik, and perfectly possible by buying one of the many surplus retail disks from stores.

I too believe there should be a quick and easy trial account button tested for one month to see if there's any increase in subscriber activity.

Then after the month, remove the trial account easy make button and analyse if it was worth it, looking at money made/increase in cheaters (yes i've said it, but i'm being reasonable) and therefore decide.

Because as Tarasm said, Internet marketing would always bring Neocron back, Always, if done properly.
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Quote Originally Posted by nobby
    I too believe there should be a quick and easy trial account button tested for one month to see if there's any increase in subscriber activity.

Then after the month, remove the trial account easy make button and analyse if it was worth it, looking at money made/increase in cheaters (yes i've said it, but i'm being reasonable) and therefore decide.

Because as Tarasm said, Internet marketing would always bring Neocron back, Always, if done properly.
    you do realize that KK doesn't make any money off neocron right? they have no income through neocron (KK doesnt make money off retail disks already in the market)

but at least attempting to bring in subscribers would be the right direction, reactivating their subscription service.
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast