Default trade skill tool quality

Does Tool Quality effect Construction outcomes? I heard someone shouting the other day about GM spawned 120% quality tool helped the quality of built items. Is this true, or how does tool quality effect the corresponding trade skill.

Ive always thought and heard tool quality did not effect anything.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

The quality of my Cursed Soul does not affect the damage it does, until it reaches wrecked ( 0/120% ). Only the items statistics do like damage frequency handling range and the various mods.

My gut feeling thinks that what he said was a load of cobblers.

there's a lot of constructors who shout things like that, no official word on the 2.2 version has been given, but before it never got influenced by the tool according to some post by hoder I think
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I've been told a GM spawned 120/120 tl150 ress tool will fail noticeably less when making a stack of tl150 bps than the vendor-bought 79-ish. Never had opportunity to test that myself, but DoY ressers with much more experience than swear it's true.

I have no idea if that would translate to 120/120 const tools making better weapons or having a higher chance to buildcap.
    Characters: Jonas Uriel(Resser/repper spy), Crusade(HC tank), Troilus(APU), Dash Cunning(RC PE), Jonas Gabriel(Driver/Droner/Belt hacker), Jonas Raphael(RC Spy), Jonas Zarachiel (PC Spy), Cressida(PPU).
    Proud Defender of York

As far as I am aware, tool quality makes no difference at all. I'm not even sure that the TL matters either; Making a tl 50 item with a tl 90 or a tl 150 shouldn't be any different. And the fact something is GM spawned means nothing, a tl 150 is a tl 150.

Perhaps, someone is trying to push the price up of construction tools on the servers with a con.

The people who has a GM spawned tradeskill tool, just try and justify to themselves that they chose a useless tool instead of something sexy, that are useful - like ion weapons..

Or Holy anti-protector. Not much people picked that one.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

I didn't think it made a difference either, thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Neallys
    Or Holy anti-protector. Not much people picked that one.
    You can get one of those to arti with mods though (can't you?), ion weapons cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    You can get one of those to arti with mods though (can't you?), ion weapons cannot.
    afaik it's not actually for sale/rares, only the non-rare is available from normal sources afaik
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

the only anti-protector spells available are normal and blessed, holy is gm spawn only and thats quite stupid if you ask me, why absorber and deflector are available in holy versions through npc and not holy anti-protector sounds more like "oops we forgot to add that" more so than "hey lets make this a special item"

but really the only benefit of a holy anti-protector is the red swirly cause if your using it in practical applications such as debuffing someone at an op non-ppu the time difference of casting is irrelevant, but on a ppu i wouldnt know cause ive not had one so i dont know really the mana cost, nor the casting speed whether its spammable anyways, doesnt matter though anyways cause antibuffing a ppu in general seems to have went completely out the window and replaced with constant spam of foriegn buffs instead

people anti-blue and white ppus in OP fights. I thought that nib buffs did not work on higher cast buffs nowadays.

When a PPU takes damage, if you keep recast it might over cast, usually works better with the same level of shield (like, holy for PPUs).

PPUs can immediatly overcast their own shield (unlike NC1). As for Holy anti-protector, it is way better than anti blue/white (that is for the damagedealing enemies)
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

anti-protector is anti-red, why is it better than anti blue/anti white?

I think you mean unprotector, which removes all shields but requires like 3 times as much time and psi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast