people are pumping huge amounts of speed into there build to the point the game is clipping, this is why people are hard to hit. I dont deny that some people can deal with the higher speeds but its hardly balanced if you can run so fast a persons chance to hit you is massively reduced. Ive been playing since 2002 and sure people specced a bit more speed in the past, usually melee tank builds, but it wasnt to the extremes you see now.

Im not suggesting stand toe to toe and let resists and armor win a fight im talking about the balancing for everyone. I know the AK does crazy damage this one sounds like a chainsaw and it was 2 bursts and i was dead, didnt seem right to me, others have had similar encounters too.

Agreed the clipping is down to the code of the game, but thats been mentioned too earlier in the thread. PvP still worked fine without massive agl/ath setups and we spent most of our time bitching bout hybrids and MC5 drops didnt we?

Nah i never bitched about hybrids, they was the most fun opponents before 2.2 IMO.
    Before 2.2 the only thing i bitched about was para..
    I like when its fast paced, like it is now.. IMO it cant possibly go too fast.

I do hate people that goes into "clipping mode" when they are close to death though, but that was possible before they removed the speed cap too (mainly in the wastes, in hills and such though). But speed doesent need to be used for clipping.. The only times i do any kinds of clipping, its to break line of sight, to use my heal or restock my QB with medkits and stamboosters. Sadly there is quite a few that goes into "clipping mode" and just run around and around something, with theire body being inside whatever they run around, for 90% of the time.

This cannot be fixed without fixing the netcode or making a VERY slow runspeed cap though.

Nerf Me

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil
    Sadly there is quite a few that goes into "clipping mode" and just run around and around something, with theire body being inside whatever they run around, for 90% of the time.

This cannot be fixed without fixing the netcode or making a VERY slow runspeed cap though.
    This is exactly what I'm complaining about skill wise, although I see your point completely about running fast requiring a faster aim this issue has become far worse to the point I can't stand PvP alot of the time anymore which is why I'm asking for a cap. I don't want to see people running "slow" rather see people die when they get low on health rather than run around like a loon till they get a heal.
    Self complementing quote from another suckup.

The problem with NC currently is that, even a walking player is moving fast enough to cause some hardcore clipping.
    I dont know what KK did, but something completely destroyed the netcode

maybe its just me but I dont ever remember any clipping issues back in NC1...

am I remembering incorrectly? If i'm not, then as Dr. phil mentioned, someone definitly messed up the netcode...
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdares
    maybe its just me but I dont ever remember any clipping issues back in NC1...

am I remembering incorrectly? If i'm not, then as Dr. phil mentioned, someone definitly messed up the netcode...
    No, you're right - if you watch NC1 vids, like the FANG ones, you see none of the issues we get these days with clipping. Someone from KK said at one point that the problem with that system though was it was far, far too vulnerable to hacking.

Yes im pretty sure it was because they did some anti-hacking stuff, that we have this bad clipping issues.
    Hehe that was totally worth it, since its like totally impossible to hack NC now!

well the hacker problem is less than most people make it out to be (hell, even I got called a cheater once, I was very proud of that ), and most people that are suspected of cheating aren't better than the proper pvp'ers (as in, I can beat some of them one on one), but it is one of the reason people are staying away, and a proper anti cheat initiative would help tremendously

then again, getting rid of clipping would also make the game a lot more enjoyable
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

It could simply be that the clipping issue is due to a lower number of server machines running than there used to be. This would lower the server's 'refresh rate', manifesting as people moving from one spot to another in a straight line rather than the path they actually took.
    Given the cost of running the servers (KK doesn't own them, or at least has to pay rent on where they are located), this seems quite probable given their revenue at current.

Nerf Me

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    It could simply be that the clipping issue is due to a lower number of server machines running than there used to be. This would lower the server's 'refresh rate', manifesting as people moving from one spot to another in a straight line rather than the path they actually took.
    Given the cost of running the servers (KK doesn't own them, or at least has to pay rent on where they are located), this seems quite probable given their revenue at current.
    A good point, it'd be nice for someone from KK to give a comment on this so we know whether there is any chance of a fix or if it is a cost issue which currently couldn't be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromac
    A good point, it'd be nice for someone from KK to give a comment on this so we know whether there is any chance of a fix or if it is a cost issue which currently couldn't be solved.
    regretfully that would mean communication from KK, and we all know they are communicatively challenged (the devs that is, at least we occasionally get some info from the mods...)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

patch canceld FREE farmville acc`s for all
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil
    Yes im pretty sure it was because they did some anti-hacking stuff, that we have this bad clipping issues.
    Hehe that was totally worth it, since its like totally impossible to hack NC now!

thats freakin funny

Nerf Me

P.S Fix the creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield
    patch canceld FREE farmville acc`s for all
    can I bring my CS?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast