Default NeoCron Drones.... now appearing in real life? >.>

I was somewhat curious when I saw this on the tv when they'd been talking about the electronics expo showing some information on a remote control drone like toy.

The website for the manufacturers of the drone is: http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/en. Now is it just me or does it even have a somewhat similar interface? xD

It seems that it is controlled by the ipod, or iphone using the wireless communications capability.

Well that being said, I think I know what IM going to hoard money away for. >.>
    Drones are your friend!

Rig it up to a VR head set and away you go .

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Lightbulb

Will pea-shooter ordinance come as an upgrade option?

Endless fun. Untill some guy sees it and takes it.

You will get ordinance, at least virtually for now. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJPPrvcsTw&NR=1 >.>

And I do wonder about that. If not physically take it, what are the chances someone will connect to it with their iphone/ipod and jack it wirelessly? This is assuming that it it has some sort of password to connect to it/use it and someone doesn't bother changing it from the default.
    Drones are your friend!

i think the communication is crypted, but im not sure. but whats the big difference to a helicopter with a normal remote control ?
    They sow the Wind and reap the STORM
    i became the calm, little center of the world.
    i was the zen master.

1) Most helicopters do not have an autostabilzation feature
    2) Most helicopters are gas powered, with a few trainers using batteries
    3) Most r/c helis do not have mounted cameras, and in order to mount the cameras you have to rebuild the body, buy the camera equipment, receiver, etc and its costs a good chunk of change extra.

Yes, I've done my research xD As it is with the Parrot AP serves as a fun toy, and anyone who wants to start getting into home made UAVs.
    Drones are your friend!

Quote Originally Posted by LeFae
    1) Most helicopters do not have an autostabilzation feature
    2) Most helicopters are gas powered, with a few trainers using batteries
    3) Most r/c helis do not have mounted cameras, and in order to mount the cameras you have to rebuild the body, buy the camera equipment, receiver, etc and its costs a good chunk of change extra.

Yes, I've done my research xD As it is with the Parrot AP serves as a fun toy, and anyone who wants to start getting into home made UAVs.
    i've seen quite a few autostabilization, electric helicopters that with a simple strap on camera were turned into drones, even uav's
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Yes but the cost of the equipment to do this, and the experience needed (buying AV equipment, helicopter, learning how to use it, learning how to wire it up) is a bit prohibitive for someone who may be curious or wanting to learn how to do it at about 750 usd plus on average. This being since helis themselves cost 400 at the cheapest (the small electric trainers), then you have the camera, receiver, headset if you are using a live cam, etc.

This is going to be sold for around ~500 usd. Which is a cheaper price point, with less immediate technical expertise required.

If there is a cheaper alternative that can provide the same package, please do point me at it as I am wanting to get into this.
    Drones are your friend!

Quote Originally Posted by LeFae
    Yes but the cost of the equipment to do this, and the experience needed (buying AV equipment, helicopter, learning how to use it, learning how to wire it up) is a bit prohibitive for someone who may be curious or wanting to learn how to do it at about 750 usd plus on average. This being since helis themselves cost 400 at the cheapest (the small electric trainers), then you have the camera, receiver, headset if you are using a live cam, etc.

This is going to be sold for around ~500 usd. Which is a cheaper price point, with less immediate technical expertise required.

If there is a cheaper alternative that can provide the same package, please do point me at it as I am wanting to get into this.
    ive seen electrical helis for less than 100 dollars (2 counter rotating prpellors above each other, but who cares for this application)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

and just think, in 10 years it wont be guns at high schools, colleges, and shopping malls people will be getting ganked with drones

lovely.........

Latest Reports Coming In Of A Kami Droner Loose In Nyc. Authorities Are Telling People To Stick Close To Zone Lines And If Possible Bring A Ppu Butt Plug With You.

If You Spot This Kami Droner, Shoot Him With Any Aoe Weapon Because The Little Bastard Will Probably Stealth, And We All Know You Can't Hit Somebody In Stealth With A Regular Weapon, Even Though You Can Clearly See Them. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Latest Reports Coming In Of A Kami Droner Loose In Nyc. Authorities Are Telling People To Stick Close To Zone Lines And If Possible Bring A Ppu Butt Plug With You.

If You Spot This Kami Droner, Shoot Him With Any Aoe Weapon Because The Little Bastard Will Probably Stealth, And We All Know You Can't Hit Somebody In Stealth With A Regular Weapon, Even Though You Can Clearly See Them. Yep.
    : )