Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
    @ Jodo:
    There are sounds for the doors in front of medicare, so I found the closest ones to match and put them in. I don't like the "Pop out" sound, perhaps I can look later today for a better one.

Thanks guys.
    Excellent work!!! Keep it up....
    anyway a good name for a fan made game could be "NeoCrack" since we all call neocron that anyway

If KK would sell the rights to neocron ill gladly buy them and have the game completely redesigned. Not only do I have the time for it, I also have the funds to fund the entire project. If only kk would sell their rights.................

just out of curiosity, what makes you think you have the funds to recreate neocron, do you have milions of euros?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Not only that, I am a internet marketer. I will be able to market the game myself and bring in tons of new players.

I smell bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm
    If KK would sell the rights to neocron ill gladly buy them and have the game completely redesigned. Not only do I have the time for it, I also have the funds to fund the entire project. If only kk would sell their rights.................
    If your serious and make them an offer they couldn't refuse, then you might just get it.

I am not interested at all in BP, id much prefer NC being updated and taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Archtemplar
    I smell bullshit
    Well if I could gurantee at least 1000 new neocron accounts being created within ONE week, I think he could do well more than me, considering he's ACTUALLY an internet marketer and I have only what I learned at college...

Internet marketing ftw ! ...

sorry back on thread topic, can you release a map for us to all play with in CSS
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

I do mostly email marketing and some google and facebook advertising. I can start building a list for mmorpg players and do a massive mailing. The only problem would be is KK servers wont be able to handle it. When I promote acai the advertisers get back ordered, and they have thousands in stock.

Plus I dont know how you guys will like it with 10000s of noobs talking on help.

Email list marketing, the finest marketing method out there

I had a more blackhat... slight whitehat trap in mind, but that seems better

anyway... give us a map to play with
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

haha nobby. I do mostly blackhat mailing. Pm your im details. Would want to talk to you bout a few things.

PS: I do no whitehat.

theres always many options for Game Engines... when it comes to redesigning something...

Source - anywhere from £1,500,000 to £2 mill

CryTek2 - probally around same ( http://www.cryengine2.com/index.php?pnr=1&conid=2 )

Unreal3 - most game companies with nice engines are in the 1.5 mill up range.

Torque TGEA - $295.00 - http://www.garagegames.com/products/...a#feature4-tab
    (3D is soon to come out - http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d )
    only problem most of them come with a hefty Liscense fee. if youre wanting to go commercial.

but on the other hand if something is free to play... wont cost you a penny. only problem is you would have to have one of the previous games / platforms installed to use the engines.

-- but the video looks nice.

i'm training under Unreal3 Engine myself. it's quite delicate. and fun thing to play with.

Do you have some 1.5 mil to invest in those engines? i don't know if you know of the current insolvency of KK (thanks to 10tacle), but i don't think that they do have a 1.5 mil to buy a license. If i was in their situation i would look for open source engine or for much cheaper game engine license.

here is some cheap or FOSS engine yet really good!
    Unigine - differente license prices
    Ogre3D - FOSS
    XReal - FOSS don't support world map nor have MMO network support, renderer is at state of art!

Edit: i've forgot NeL engine also FOSS MMO engine
    Last edited by Setlec; 03-08-09 at 18:21.

WhiteKrAkRBOi; I've been away since my last reply on page 2 but now that I read all about your updates, I'm gonna say it once more; I'm impressed! Seriously!

Please keep it up and keep showing us your progression I'm really enthusiastic about this!

Sorry there hasn't been an update in a while. I have been moving and packing plus teaching myself about Valve's particle editor. Also, had to design a grav lift using Valve's entities which have little to no documentation. I think I have the particles for the grav lift looking right, now I have to get them to behave correctly. When I get the whole setup done I will post another video and screenies.

Like I said I don't have a ton of time to devote to the project, but I am devoting almost all of my spare time to it. I am also trying to reproduce as many elements as I can, so if I have to stop and make a new texture or learn a new technique, it halts production until I master the idea, so as I get further along, updates will come more frequently.

I also need to PM Tril, so look out for that.

I have been discussing the possibilities with a friend of mine. He wants to code for it (right now, anyway) and is enthusiastic. Right now the idea is going to be to make a deathmatch mod with NC weapons and classes. Perhaps a skill system as well. This will be to give the community a fan project to have fun in and also showcase our hard work as artists and let KK know how much we appreciate their hard work means to the fans. It's been fun working on this and as I get things developed I will release what I have in terms of maps. Once gameplay coding starts, however, the maps are going to have several custom entities and I won't be able to release maps for download without the mod itself, and I won't release that at all until at least 90% of it works. But, when I finish Plaza 1, I will release it for download. It should work in any Orange Box game (sorry, custom particles are only available in Orange Box games which include HL2: Ep2, TF2, and Portal, it should load in ANY of those games b/c I am not using any exclusive entities from those titles). Anyway, I'll release details on how to load the map and install the different things you will need to enjoy the whole thing when I get to that point.

Tonight is going to be a lot of fiddling with the particle system to get the desired effect for the grav lifts and building a Gogo in XSI... I will release a new video and screenies soon.

Plaza 1 Deathmatch even more real-time than Neocron it self, using real Neocron weapons....

...WHAT MORE COULD I WISH FOR?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast