Thread: Project Neocron

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

NC must be burned to ashes and remake from scratch. it would be a new Neocron.

Why you guys are doing the mod for HL2? could you switch to ET:QW? it would be nice to play on linux...

Cheers

I doubt we'll get a new neocron made with a top notch engine. For one KK have their hands full and secondly you would have to buy the IP to necoron which I doubt KK will give up for a handjob, but rather a crap-ton of money.
    I知 going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

yeah i know that KK won't sell the NC IP for sure . The game engine that they could use is the id tech 4 (Doom 3/ ET:QW/ Wolfenstein) or the yet to be released id tech 5 (rage/ doom 4).

Technically they have a top notch engine with BP.

They could make a new neocron. But why would they want to?
    I知 going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

I'm not sure about the licensing of gamebryo, so i won't say this for sure isn't a license only usable once for a game engine? i mean, i get a license of gamebryo is it limited to one final product (game) or i can use it for many games for a period of time? If it says that the license can only be used for one game then i don't think so that KK would use to remake/patch/whatever NC...

Even then isntead of making BP with that engine they could of initially made neocron 3 or whatever instead. But they didn't.

They decided to make something new. Why make a game based on one that commercially recieved bad reviews and little success?

didn't they write a new engine for BP?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I doubt it. Most likely they out sourced like most thing KK do. Some things in neocron were not designed by the reakktor team.

And some more

Notice another KK game on there?

Interesting, was it rocket box or intulo who made all the sexy character models?

Half and half.

Interesting is how rocketbox are making the player models for BP but not the heads. So...who's making the heads?

maybe they are customizable?

for that matter... I thought there weren't gonna be player models walking n stuff?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I think it's just to use as an avatar. I hope KK mention these guys in the credits.

Smile

Long time ago I made a little HL1 map based off my dream apartment in Neocron.

http://www.enter.net/~dsnyder66/vrs/

Tried porting it to HL2 once, but lost interest shortly after.

It'd be pretty cool to see how far your project gets.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

i've had to take a little bit of a break from the project atm due to work and importing issues and having to run around organising my month in Mongolia.

mystery8: that looks pretty sweet.. do you still have the original files? mind if i grab a copy? i can rework some of the stuff and credit you if this thing ever gets going properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    A group of nerds feel oppressed and want a place to build their Star Trek model kits. They go into the wastelands and build Tech Haven. Geeks.
    To this day the Twilight Guardian still haven't fucking grown up.
    Population is low in Neocron (nothing new there).

I have been working on a HL2 project as well. I started with the most obvious place in my head: Plaza 1, medicare. In the BETA and beyond, that's where people hung out and traded.... so why not.

NC3 Plaza 1 Medicare

I was wondering if Trilaac wanted some help making maps for the thing. I've got a very limited amount of spare time, but I can pump out a few rooms a week until each map is done.

The concept I'm going for is compressing entire city sectors together into one map, so like Plaza 1-4 would be one BSP, etc. The great thing about Source is that you can use all sorts of things (that aren't hard to do) to make the world look a lot better, with low resource cost. The HUD can be coded in LUA and look amazing, models can be 10x more detailed, etc. The only problem I have run into conceptually is the networking bit, but I know Source can be used for an MMO (i.e. Twilight War) I just don't know how they structured it.

Anyway, in the interest of keeping things legal, I would like to state that I'm just screwing around with the idea and would love to hear what you guys think about my little bit of work. I am in no way wanting to take anything away from KK, merely fantasizing about a better Neocron.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast