Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Default [OT] Soo is Dues Ex worth buying ?

You heard it, I've heard so many good things about this game i'm interested in buyin it.

Can anyone give me a lowdown on it.. ? Is it an RPG ? how big the map is etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Honestly, its one of the best if not the best game i've ever played. It's basicaly a FPS, but theres alot strategy involved. You can use skill points to get better at healing (using medkits) or hacking, orbetter weapon damage/aiming. And then of course theres augmentations, think implants in neocron that you can turn on and off. Can't say the maps are massive, but they are pretty huge, bear in mind this game was released in 2000.

This game is in my opinion one of the few games that you should play before you die. If you do end up getting it, you shoud be able to get it for under £5. Otherwise you can get it on steam for £5.99.

Yea buy it, i'ts a old game but you won't be deceived
    There are several ways to finish the game, you can kill everything you encounter or just infiltrate, that's so good
    Pourquoi tant de haine?

damn i wish i cud get steam games in pounds :S it's 9,99 euro here, and thats about the same in pounds :S

i was thinking about buying it though, steam rocks imho
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

What have I done!

The mear mention of Deus Ex and everyone is playing it.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    What have I done!

The mear mention of Deus Ex and everyone is playing it.
    You have performed a great service to the world and I salute you for it sir!

Play the Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines!

That's good!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

It's cheap and excellent. Get it!

There isn't a map in a conventional sense - the game pushes you through a series of areas in a linea, FPS style.
    The freedom however is in the spectacular number of ways there are to get past a single task. I seem to think it's something like 8-10 ways to get past a single locked door, for example. That and a selection of ethical choices of much more depth (if lesser frequency) than you get in FO/Fable etc.

id recommend Deus Ex to anyone! young/old

the game is so damn good!

for example: i talked to a guy at the coffee bar for almost 1 full hour about ingame politics...

so amazing, gosh i cant wait till i get my copy of ebay

Please patch the game. I mean it now; It's been well over a year.
    Clearly this guy is a WoW fan boi and has a small penis.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

You can grab it from Steam as well as various bargain buckets.

Once you've got it, if you have the boxed version, navigate your way to your deusex\system folder, find deus ex.ini and delete the line that tells it where your CD drive is. From now on you won't need the CD in to play

Also play the game knife only....

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    damn i wish i cud get steam games in pounds :S it's 9,99 euro here, and thats about the same in pounds :S

i was thinking about buying it though, steam rocks imho
    10 euros is about 7 quid. if the game is 9.99 in euros and pounds buy it in euros.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

actually, 9.99 Euros = 8.83571017 British pounds, and on these games it doesnt matter, but when u go for gamepacks or something it does

I've bought wii games in the uk ever since it dropped so badly, usually gets me games for around half the price it costs here in the netherlands, including shipping (uk international shipping is really cheap)

(yes, I'm a student, I don't wanna spend too much on games, plus im cheap)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

Great game with a lot of sneaking involved. Graphics aren't the best compared to today but they are okay. Buy it!
    /Rob

he was a tough boss to beat!

Please patch the game. I mean it now; It's been well over a year.
    Clearly this guy is a WoW fan boi and has a small penis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast