Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 666 Tyler_Durdon's Avatar

What about a 2nd subway under the wastelands ... A subwy from MB to TH from TH to the cannyon from the cannyon to nc and stops at Point red, drt, el farid or whatever ... more action in the subway xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durdon
    What about a 2nd subway under the wastelands ... A subwy from MB to TH from TH to the cannyon from the cannyon to nc and stops at Point red, drt, el farid or whatever ... more action in the subway xD
    Holy crap. hit squads patrolling through the subways!!!!

Would also provide more noob friendly way of travelling

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Quote Originally Posted by danmalone
    Would also provide more noob friendly way of travelling
    And depending on how you think it would be implemented, invalidate most public grs, but I do like that idea, I wonder if it could be done.

I would like to see the something Oasis public gr returned (the one nearest DoY), running to Soliko for mc5 is a complete pain in the backside from DRT unless your clan has an op nearby.

greater customisation (which has probably been mentioned several hundred times) of chars because at the moment player models are not exactly unique.

Make the interiors of OPs flat, I get bored of characters disappearing under the ground and something nice for woc monks, poor things are left out of the woc weaponry. (maybe a ppu boomstick ? XD )

Also perhaps implement something to stop the never ending sync to UG for ops? (Unaware if this is possible) But script a solid object to only let characters through depending on OP security settings. Could possibly be activated by a door opener, which does a quick query on the user activating it but no actual door. (stops people getting stuck) and obviously once the OP has been hacked to a certain extent the opposing forces can move in.
    You can have a ladder going down or a long staircase corridor leading underneath the op into what would be effectively the same as the UG zone but in the same zone as the outer OP itself and this would allow the defending clan some respite from any AoE.
    I see holes already like drones being able to clip through the barrier, but meh just a thought

*gets ready to be shot down in flames*
    Last edited by Snedex; 11-09-08 at 14:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    In Neocron most anything is allowed, its a gentlemans club. In the words of a timeless classic "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".

Quote Originally Posted by Snedex
    And depending on how you think it would be implemented, invalidate most public grs, but I do like that idea, I wonder if it could be done.
    [/SIZE]*
    Depends how you look at it really.

Whilst gr'ing there would be faster there would be the SI part of it, and in terms of subways going to them places, i would expect it to take longer than what it would to gr and wait off SI obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durdon
    I REALLY like this idea!

Agreed.

5 stars
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Keine Macht dem Benzinkartell MotorMike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tyler_Durdon
    whats wrong with genrepps ? and for what do you think are VHCs for ?
    "Mache ich dir Angst ?" - "Ja" - "Ist es meine Narbe?" - "Nein, es ist dein Auto !!"

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMike
    whats wrong with genrepps ? and for what do you think are VHCs for ?
    What's wrong with adding an Underground travel network in and out of Neocron - that's more noob friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    What's wrong with adding an Underground travel network in and out of Neocron - that's more noob friendly?
    - there are several "underground" ways in and out of the city that are rarely used.
    - there exist two travel networks connecting the points of interest in the wastes and the big cities beneath the obvious way through the sectors.
    - there is the easy way of Gene-repping
    - there is the easy way of driving
    - an underground train through the unprotected areas does not match the story behind the wastes (and neocron in general)
    - N.e.X.T. is enemy to the Dome, N.e.X.T. is not allied with the military base
    etc etc
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Max
    - there are several "underground" ways in and out of the city that are rarely used.
    That's because they do not lead directly into the city. They are out of the way, and the epic detour isn't worth the hassle.

- there exist two travel networks connecting the points of interest in the wastes and the big cities beneath the obvious way through the sectors.
    I appear to be missing something here. Which travel networks are you referring to? the below? If so, they aren't exactly networks - but methods.

- there is the easy way of Gene-repping
    - there is the easy way of driving
    Driving may be easy, but most noobs can't afford a vehicle immediately. Infact, as someone whom has introduced several people to this game, I can tell you from first hand experience that in general, the LAST thing a new player wants to do, is to spend their cash (Which they need for ammo, weapons & medikits) on a vehicle, and bravely attempt to travel accross the wastelands alone.

As for Gene-repping... First of all, Tyler's original point was to create some fun in the subway - which is another of Neocron's excellent designs and a great place to be (Unlike the wastes). Secondly, it's not noob friendly if they don't have the GR activated (See above point).

- an underground train through the unprotected areas does not match the story behind the wastes (and neocron in general)
    - N.e.X.T. is enemy to the Dome, N.e.X.T. is not allied with the military base
    etc etc

There are a million ways this could be soundly implemented into the story.
    The Dome of York didn't at ALL match the original Neocron story that I read when I started playing. It was implemented later. Stories develop with time.
    It doesn't STRICTLY go against anything (Other than NEXT creating a transport system to the Dome directly). City Mercs, being Mercs - I'm certain could afford to pay NEXT, whom are allies with the Fallen Angels, to continue the network that stretches from NC to TH, all the way to MB.

Something could happen in the story that meant NEXT had an interest in something within the Dome. Maybe it would be beneficial to them to do so.

I'm rambling excessively about something I don't feel that strongly about. I just wanted to put the point accross

/done
    Last edited by L0KI; 12-09-08 at 15:13.

Driving may be easy, but most noobs can't afford a vehicle immediately.
    chose Driver Profession -- get Jones Quad -- Levle 3 dex levs for 15 vhc skill !

is that hard for an noob ? i dont think so !

or get an hacktool an go through hacknet for TG HQ / FA HQ / MB HQ

its also vor an mid lev char not realy hard

or the easiest way Hire an Driver/ Pilot who flys you through the waste lands

and if you want some Adventure take the Venture Warp *g *
    "Mache ich dir Angst ?" - "Ja" - "Ist es meine Narbe?" - "Nein, es ist dein Auto !!"

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMike
    chose Driver Profession -- get Jones Quad -- Levle 3 dex

and if you want some Adventure take the Venture Warp *g *
    I have to admit - That's the way I get a lot of GRs as a noob

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI
    That's because they do not lead directly into the city. They are out of the way, and the epic detour isn't worth the hassle.
    If it's not worth THAT little it's not worth the hassle to implement a second subway.

I appear to be missing something here. Which travel networks are you referring to? the below? If so, they aren't exactly networks - but methods.
    There are the tunnels as well as the hacknet connecting the points of interest. Both spiked with (high level) Mobs, just like the aerea between the cities should be.

Driving may be easy, but most noobs can't afford a vehicle immediately. Infact, as someone whom has introduced several people to this game, I can tell you from first hand experience that in general, the LAST thing a new player wants to do, is to spend their cash (Which they need for ammo, weapons & medikits) on a vehicle, and bravely attempt to travel accross the wastelands alone.
    If ppl can beg for money on the streets, they can surely ask for a ride.

As for Gene-repping... First of all, Tyler's original point was to create some fun in the subway - which is another of Neocron's excellent designs and a great place to be (Unlike the wastes).
    But you just said that it's not worth the hassle to use that athmospheric sectors while traveling ....
    The subway is laziness, pure. Enter the train and go take a p***. What's so excelent designed on that?
    I find the wastes MUCH more appealing then the subway tbh.

Secondly, it's not noob friendly if they don't have the GR activated (See above point).
    Why even should it be noob friendly. Does a noob need to get into the dome or MB solo for a reason? What's that reason (unless beeing a CM)? And yet if that noob wants to explore it was and is no problem to get to MB/Dome with if you go explore.

Any virtual world needs to have a places to expand to while gaining exp. There is not much point for a 0/2 at those places anyways unless he has allready his alts/exp. and thus have no problem getting there.

I'm just not understanding
    Why to add a minimal helpfull, athomspheric annoying, developer time expensive, patch-bandwidth heavy (BSP files ...) thing that probably gets used by one player max per day like the existing subway?
    Every once in a while i see someone using or waiting for a train, in most of the cases you better talk to your own hand then trying to interact with him.

There are a million ways this could be soundly implemented into the story.
    The Dome of York didn't at ALL match the original Neocron story that I read when I started playing. It was implemented later. Stories develop with time.
    It doesn't STRICTLY go against anything (Other than NEXT creating a transport system to the Dome directly). City Mercs, being Mercs - I'm certain could afford to pay NEXT, whom are allies with the Fallen Angels, to continue the network that stretches from NC to TH, all the way to MB.
    Yes sure you can explain everything, but it will allways feel like playing a role in a novel written by a 6yr old ... it needs to either be consistent with existing things or benefit in a MUCH greater way.

And i have problems confirming your dome problem. Can you please elaborate?
    What excactly does not match on the story and the history of the dome?

Something could happen in the story that meant NEXT had an interest in something within the Dome. Maybe it would be beneficial to them to do so.
    ... yeah and Yager helping the Cityadmin to fight the rats in the sewers, for a better sewer-estate ...
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

There are the tunnels as well
    LMAO Max
    that was an good one !!!

try to travel there with an Apu*g the only one who can posibble travel there would be an Ppu or an Spy with obli an only if you got the Maps from th.org* hehe

no seriously that is an bad way to go * fg

what i would like where an longer way from the Pepper park to Point red or twakee viallage via the Kanalisation tunnels with the Hackdoors in Pepper 3 behind the snack box with some 60/60** mobs for example

i dont know is there still the secret tunnel from old chran church to simmons ?

whatever ! i would like to see the Outzone sec get more Useful push like tunnels to jericho / mcpehrson / krupp
    Last edited by MotorMike; 12-09-08 at 16:28.

Max, this clearly matters to you WAAAY more than it does to me...

We could argue back and forward all day and not get anywhere. Whilst I agree with some of the points you have made, I still disagree with others.

I'm not going to be specific, because my point remains - I like the idea.