Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    In some theoretical NC3 (which is what I am beginnning to think is what this thread was for. I initally thought it was ideas for the next few patches and would be closed, maybe with feedback a month or two later. It's still here now and the suggestions get grander and grander)
    I share your suspicions...

Considering no patch has ever come from this, I was beginning to wonder myself.

I completely agree about getting rid of the classic MMORPG style combat and replacing it with hit-scan.

I completely agree about getting rid of the classic MMORPG style combat and replacing it with hit-scan.
    I'm not sure that I agree about that. The whole thing with that is that it forces you to be able to keep your crosshair on the target (usually), so for proper weapons, it takes some skill to be able to winrar.
    If you get rid of that and make it so that the accuracy is a constant based on the skill levels, then it'll just be like every other fps.

I suppose it could work in theory, but I'd have to try it out quite a bit to really be able to decide if that's a viable option.

Default best idea so far

new patch with new content and a way to get sl up

Watashi wa Neokuronjin

I would like to see in my GR list:

-Apartment
    -Clan apartment
    -Storage cell (for those who have one)
    -Secondary apartment

Quote Originally Posted by Sharper Blade
    new patch with new content and a way to get sl up
    It's already cheap and easy and fairly quick to get SL back! What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Moustik
    I would like to see in my GR list:

-Apartment
    -Clan apartment
    -Storage cell (for those who have one)
    -Secondary apartment
    yes.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    I'm not sure that I agree about that. The whole thing with that is that it forces you to be able to keep your crosshair on the target (usually), so for proper weapons, it takes some skill to be able to winrar.
    If you get rid of that and make it so that the accuracy is a constant based on the skill levels, then it'll just be like every other fps.

I suppose it could work in theory, but I'd have to try it out quite a bit to really be able to decide if that's a viable option.
    Who says make it constant?
    Base your cone size on weapon lore, recoil on handling, damage done on rc/pc, WEP and the target's armour/resists. So thats all the same as ever.
    On the plus side, sniping is now more viable (you can line up on where you know somebody is going to go and then bam, rather than having to line up, then track, then bam) and more importantly next time somebody tries to clip around a building you just stand still and fire along one wall. They walk into a wall of fire and die, even if their model is clipping a little.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    Who says make it constant?
    Base your cone size on weapon lore, recoil on handling, damage done on rc/pc, WEP and the target's armour/resists. So thats all the same as ever.
    On the plus side, sniping is now more viable (you can line up on where you know somebody is going to go and then bam, rather than having to line up, then track, then bam) and more importantly next time somebody tries to clip around a building you just stand still and fire along one wall. They walk into a wall of fire and die, even if their model is clipping a little.
    That's what I was saying, I'm just not so sure that it would work well for Neocron, it would take away a lot of the skill.

Put weather effects server side. A bit odd when it's snowing on one person's screen but not others. Plus the clip/visibility distance is also affected by weather.

I'd like to see more new areas, like a new continent.
    I like the old world, but it just feels too small.

Also, I can't see the difference between DX7 and DX9.. whats the difference?
    Some updated graphics would be nice, though not necessarily age of conan style bling bling.
    Last edited by Fenix Wylde; 01-09-08 at 22:31.

Perhaps making an island you can actually get to where rich people can buy illegals and ultimas and whatnot from vendors on the islands, or an island with a new type of zone where you enter the zone and theres all sorts of new mobs and items you can only loot from these mobs.
    Even a noob island that is in their gr list free of charge to gr to from the second they make their char with low lvl mobs that give high exp and decent slotted noob weapons from vendors and then when they get to a certain rank say /15 or /20 they get booted from their apartment and the noob gr is removed from their gr list.

What?

That just seems a bit elaborate.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Perhaps making an island you can actually get to where rich people can buy illegals and ultimas and whatnot from vendors on the islands,
    Ok how do you determine rich chars, seeing as most people could just run research cube missions and make an easy couple of million nc and probably most people are sitting on a clan with several million in the bank. Also it's highly unfair (and lazy) for others as the doy tunnels provides an equal opportunity to get the ultimas and illegals.

or an island with a new type of zone where you enter the zone and theres all sorts of new mobs and items you can only loot from these mobs.
    What ? Why ?! Why not have new mob spawns elsewhere on the map seeing as it's rarely used.

Even a noob island that is in their gr list free of charge to gr to from the second they make their char with low lvl mobs that give high exp and decent slotted noob weapons from vendors and then when they get to a certain rank say /15 or /20 they get booted from their apartment and the noob gr is removed from their gr list.
    If you take a look around newbie mc5 you will see all the low level mob areas where you can spend quite some time levelling up before you decide to use the gene rep to take you to your apartment. Seems completely pointless.
    Last edited by Snedex; 07-09-08 at 16:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    In Neocron most anything is allowed, its a gentlemans club. In the words of a timeless classic "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle
    OK here it is, a new era.

Forget the code it's probably so damned tangled by now it would be worthless.

At the end of days I would extract your character info, items in quickbelt, implants, armour, you would get some cash per level obtained should you move to the new game. sound familiar

Keep Neocron city for nostalga purposes but add further layers above, probably another 3, i have always liked the multi level aspect of the main city.

New engine, probably half life2 or similiar (i am no expert) but if your down in the sewers and run out of ammo you should be able to pick up that dam barrel and crush that rat with it! No more synchs!

All New graphics, Enviroment enhancement, customisable PA, expansion of customisation to chars, sunglasses, cigs, hundreds of outfits.

New Balancing Fix melee, APU and create a new class, yes runners a new class. more later

WHY Play?
    The new game is a dawn of a new age, the dome is declared unsafe for all and raised to the ground, word of an exciting discovery hits the city.

An entrance to a yet uncharted tunnel is found, once explored a new continent is found three times the size of the known wastes. The faction tensions rise and consolidation occurs, several factions join together to leverage size and power, the war begins in a massive land grab action.

But little did they know, it was someone else's land they were fighting over! The story unfolds.

Entrance to the new Tunnel is so hazardous that only WOC level armour can offer effective protection. So this new area is for capped players, with an updated arsenal courtesy of Tangent these WOC weapons are the only effective means of defence against their new found enemies.

As you you reach WOC a new class becomes available, The MECH Warrior. Enhances your physic for the battlefront.

New Players
    Re-Model MC5 completely - Introduce a new mission based XP system, sending runners to every corner of the wastes, utilising every sector, Forget the current grind, explore and level.

Updates
    No Synchs, no Bugs, no Fatals, no massive inflation as xploits have been fixed, droning issues fixed, balancing completed.
    Joint account banking for sharing cash between chars and items via safety deposit.

Authentic NC option, experience synchs, the odd fatal and several other well known bugs.

Player shops and black market area, NPC's selling players wares.

Crafting enhancements, Resser once capped gain the chance of discovering a new item not found in game, 1000's of this items randomly selected and created but only by the finest ressers. Once learnt only he can create it EVER.

CST gain the option to enhance their skills once capped in a chosen weapon craft i,e. Rifles, once chosen they create more enhanced rifles than couterparts, customisable in a way no one else can create. These Master CST are the only crafters who can create the unique items created by master ressers. Close partnership and shops will deliver their exclusive goods.

I could go on all night......lol
    From another thread suggetsed be moved here.

Closed - Until Further Notice

Just a small idea for a live world map.
    The world map (With current OP ownership) could be regurlarly saved as an image and hosted on the live server - with a locked forum post in each respective forum (Terra Forum for example) which purely shows the world map.

As the image is updated, so would be the world map.

This would allow players whom are not able to get in game to check the map at work/wherever.

@ Riddle -

A new Neocron with the Source engine. Excellent idea.

Sure, the PvP would change massively, but body health numbers would still work. The difference being that the reticule wouldn't have to lock. I personally think it would work. Sure, it would be an FPS, but a REAL MMOFPS, in the most immersive city *EVER* thought up by game designers. That of course, being Neocron city.