Quote Originally Posted by flib
I'm not sure if this was implied, but I should have pointed it out to begin with. Neocron has been running on this laptop before, but stopped working all of a sudden.

1. Yes, my Neocron has always been able to patch itself.

3. It hangs on the loading screen before I'm able to log in. (The one that talks about siezures and epilepsy or whatever)

4. I haven't done anything with my graphics drivers since I got the laptop.

The only drivers that have changed were the audio drivers. I got an expresscard sound card, I thought that maybe that was causing the issue, but even after physically removing it from the device and uninstalling the drivers, it didn't seem to fix it. I can't be certain, but I think that the last time I have been able to get it to run on the laptop was before I installed that. Do you think that that might be the issue somehow?

You would be surprised how many times ive had to update my graphics drivers to a newer version even though a game hadnt been patched, hadnt been updated and had worked before..

its just one of those things that doesnt make sense, but has to be attempted in the troubleshooting process, if for no other reason, just to eliminate it as a problem.