Quote Originally Posted by Eldak
    Come on, stop feeding everyone lies.

You say that Paypal is having an issue on their end, yet it hasn't been fixed yet. I don't care how big of problems I've had with the Paypal API, they've been right their to help out.
    Exactly what I've said. Then they say that PayPal admited the problem, lol... I have never known PayPal to take as long as KK to fix anything...

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

The situation is as explained. I'll let you have that one but be warned that I don't take too kindly to such accusations.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM
    Exactly what I've said. Then they say that PayPal admited the problem, lol... I have never known PayPal to take as long as KK to fix anything...
    Funny. It took them 3 weeks to fix the fact they lost EVERYONE'S billing agreements last month. No one could cancel their trials/accounts then because the billing agreements completely disappeared in their own PayPal accounts.

But yah somehow that would be our fault to right

Heck there's an entire website devoted to issues with PayPal.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    Funny. It took them 3 weeks to fix the fact they lost EVERYONE'S billing agreements last month. No one could cancel their trials/accounts then because the billing agreements completely disappeared in their own PayPal accounts.

I bet you $5k I can get your entire PayPal operations working again without even needing to even contact Paypal.

The fact that Paypal "lost" billing agreements, well, quite frankly I just don't believe that. I'm more likely to believe that during the server outage some data was lost/corrupted. And, to back the story of saying that no account data/game data was lost or damage, considering it took what 3-4 days at that stage to get everything back up again? I find that very hard to believe, especially since it was RIGHT after the servers were back up that everyone started having these payment issues. So, you tell me, what are we supossed to think?

I'm TRYING to give you guys money, so don't use the fact that I'm not a "paying customer" that I have no right to complain. We pay for a service, and it would be much appriciated not getting pushed around and actually recieve some valid problems and solutions in a resonable time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    The situation is as explained. I'll let you have that one but be warned that I don't take too kindly to such accusations.
    I wans't trying to single out yourself, but merely a comment to the actual company.

The fact that Paypal "lost" billing agreements, well, quite frankly I just don't believe that. I'm more likely to believe that during the server outage some data was lost/corrupted. And, to back the story of saying that no account data/game data was lost or damage, considering it took what 3-4 days at that stage to get everything back up again? I find that very hard to believe, especially since it was RIGHT after the servers were back up that everyone started having these payment issues.
    Except for the fact it was the 3 weeks BEFORE the login server went down that issue happened. PayPal then resolved it and a few days later was when the login server issues happened. Why don't you ask those that had trouble canceling why they could not find a billing agreement at all within PayPal. Seriously just because you have never had issues with PayPal doesn't mean that loads of others haven't (and well documented cases). The simple fact is we are losing revenue because of it and PayPal has acknowledged the issue to us. Seriously all conspiracy theorists can exit stage left.

Banned User

Except for the fact it was the 3 weeks BEFORE the login server went down that issue happened. PayPal then resolved it and a few days later was when the login server issues happened. Why don't you ask those that had trouble canceling why they could not find a billing agreement at all within PayPal. Seriously just because you have never had issues with PayPal doesn't mean that loads of others haven't (and well documented cases). The simple fact is we are losing revenue because of it and PayPal has acknowledged the issue to us. Seriously all conspiracy theorists can exit stage left.
    Would you mind pointing out some of those posts? I've tried searching and looked through pages of old threads, and couldn't find anything about Paypal problems from the time the servers went down to 3 weeks prior, only after the servers came back up, and quite a while before they went down.

I'm not trying to start any arguments or anything like that, sorry if it seems like I am. We're just all about on edge about this entire Paypal ordeal given the circumstances in which it occurred.

Will reactivating my account through Click2Pay have any negative impact on the Paypal dispute I have open for the same account?

Ok, good now you know for a fact that its PayPal... As YES it was stated many many times now ... Lets stop. Do what I do when something needs to be done with companies. Call them, get them to work on it... After you get off the phone with them once, call right back and see if they fixed it yet. If not, get on there asses yet again. Then repeat this until they fix this issue. Make sure every 2nd sentance that comes out of your mouth is "Your issues are causing us to lose thousands of dollars, do you personally want to lose thousands of dollars a day? No, you dont... now fix our problem" lol Hell have 5 people do it at once, for hours ... dont you all have blue tooth devices for your phones? You can do this while you hand out the compenstations LOL

N
    Everyone is mad... can you really blame us? We want to send money to insure you have a pay-check for next week.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

You know that saying about people in glass houses? Replace glass houses with "string of no less than 6 banned forum and game accounts" and you get closer to the mark. Even had PayPal been working we wouldn't accept any new accounts from someone with his record for exploiting.

Normally we don't discuss bans but if he suddenly disappeared you might be tempted to think it was because he was complaining about PayPal. Not the case, or I wouldn't have put up with the lying accusation in the first place (long timers know I don't take well to being called a liar!).

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

(long timers know I don't take well to being called a liar!).

N

Liar.

But in all seriousness folks stop blaming the mods. Paypal is a pile of wank and these guys shouldn't be blamed or harrassed because of it. They gave you the updates you want, gave sympathy and most of all gave you their time.

We are all in the same situation. Play something els until NC can be played. I know its the gaming dry season but play S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Half-life 2, the sims, anything!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Phoenix Ltd- Chief of Security james_finn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon
    Liar.

But in all seriousness folks stop blaming the mods. Paypal is a pile of wank and these guys shouldn't be blamed or harrassed because of it. They gave you the updates you want, gave sympathy and most of all gave you their time.

We are all in the same situation. Play something els until NC can be played. I know its the gaming dry season but play S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Half-life 2, the sims, anything!
    <shameless plug>
    Or just get your NC fix by adding the the neocron wiki here theres a lot that can be done from peoples knowledge as opposed to being in game!

</shamless plug>

/Delphi

Previously stated by the mods was the notion that there are websites devouted to discrediting Paypal.

Here is one

Simply type paypal sucks into google. Quite bad.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Paypal sucks, worldpay sucks, click to pay sucks. FFS why is there not a method to pay KK directly or use GTCs like EVERYONE else does? Seriously, since starting NC in 2002, never figured this out.
    I bring nothing to the table.

PayPal Haters Club

Talking

i am just confused as to why this is taking so long

i have been waiting to rejoin this game since may 21 when my school year ended and my summer is ticking away, along with my patience.

i am getting very irritated with NC and KK and paypal and C2P and everything because they all have had messups RIGHT WHEN I TRIED TO JOIN

so yea, if anyone could give me the "Bitch at PayPal hotline" number in a private message or reply it would be to many thanks

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast