Thread: KK resources

Post KK resources

Something I am curious about and I'm sure other players could also benefit from (players benefiting??! omgz NO!)

What I'd lik to know is this:

1. Howmany resources are actually available for the running and maintenance of this game? (i.e personnel)

2. Of those resources, how much of their workday hours (availability) are allotted to the running of this game ?

3. What functions are the personnel responsible for? (who resolves queries? who manages events? who does backups? who makes coffee? etc)

I do not require specific schedules (we don't want to know when Nidhogg goes to the loo). If we can be given a proper idea of howmany resources are on hand, and doing what, it would help tremendously.
    I'm sure people would be more understanding when issue A, B or C is being looked at.
    As a customer of this product, I'd like to know what I'm getting for my subscription. If this is a sensitive issue and KK think spies from other MMO's are prowling our forums waiting for inside information you can pm me or mail me or somesuch.

I had a super idea I wanted to post on the brainport. But when I saw on page 22 another user mentioning that after 22 pages not a single idea was actually implemented, my enthusiasm nose-dived like Hugh Hefner's willy.

Snow, Nid, lets not dwell in the dark here. Provide us some information please.

<I like the big picture>

I guess you know this topic will remain unanswered.

there will be more information when we give you more information which we'll do when there's more information to share - you'll be the first to know
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

Moderators:

Primary Functions: Extinguishing forum flames, removing spam, political and religious threads from the forums.
    Armor: Flame resistant.
    Weapons: The limited edition BAN industries arsenal collection.

GameMasters:

Primary Functions: Handling in-game problems, planning events.
    Armor: NCPD S.T.O.R.M. Power Armors, in various colors, including Pink .. (I'm looking at you Snow ).
    Weapons: Anything ingame, including supernatural powers like kick and ban.

Developers:

Primary Functions: Correcting bugs, drinking coffee, nerfing.
    Armor: Casual "weekday".
    Weapons: GOD-Like manipulation of the world environment and appearance.

THESE ARE IN NO WAY OFFICIAL NUMBERS SO DO NOT QUOTE ME ON IT!

I would assume that there were:

7-10 Moderators
    5-7 GameMasters
    3-5 Developers

---

Events are mainly Chenoa, if Arbiter is still around you can go to him aswell.

Think Xulsigiae was in as a trial, but I haven't met anyone else that knew her, so I guess she isn't there anymore.

CoDi and Snow are developers AFAIK, don't know if CoDi is still around, I'm starting to doubt it.

The moderators are the ones you see hanging around here.
    Niddy is the enligsh community liaison, don't know who is the german one.

The GameMasters are harder to pinpoint, because you don't really see them unless there is an event or they help you with a problem.

-----

As for the brainport thread, just because you don't see them implemented doesn't mean they don't get implemented.

It takes a lot of time and dedication, and they don't get implemented exactly like people envisioned, for fairness and equality reasons aswell as complications and unknown factors.

We got hacknet didn't we?

That was suggested a long time ago, and suddenly it was there. took quite some time, but it came.

I know of atleast one more that came in, that took like 46 pages in a brainport thread when there was a brainport forum, can't remember what it was though.
    Last edited by naimex; 12-03-08 at 11:00.

Just some reassurance, I am being serious here.
    No intention of implying or starting a fuss.

The idea is to create some enlightenment and understanding (all and those happy hippy altruistic things).
    <I like the big picture>

iirc naimex Codi went a long time ago... as for my guess

5-6 Mods
    3-4 Active GM's
    probably 0 Dev - All hands to Black Prohecy tbh (it wouldn't take me 3 months to patch out some of the small bugs in this game and i can't code!)

Gone very quiet on the KK front...a little to quiet for my liking

Closed - Until Further Notice

Please understand that we are not going to publish any internal information, be it about human resources or anything else.

As for the brainport thread, it was explicitely stated that it is meant as a central pool for your ideas and suggestions and does not automatically mean the implementation of those ideas and suggestions.

And what you get for your subscription fee is the provision of the Neocron service, including the use of the game client and the servers, as well as in-game and e-mail support.