well after much fiddling i've come up with a setup for a hybrid which uses the lowest two shields (white and red) with fire apoc and holy poison beam as primary weapons. get about 123% damage on poison beam which is nice.

i get resists of 55% energy, 55% piercing, 41% fire, 33% xray, 36% poison, 39% force.

got atl of 65 and 730 health.

can pop a paratemol x forte for extra speed and health but its not strictly necessary.

with ppu shields i get the 75% energy cap and v effective at ops.

it's not bad, and i'm having good fun on the guy. can take most non-ppu'd apus and non-ak spies, even a couple h-c tanks 1vs1.

if anyone else interested in setting up a hybrid give me a pm and i'll help you out.

p.s they still need to remove hybrid malus and reduce ppu/apu reqs a bit.

Like i said to you the other day, maybe now we should be allowed to self cast psi combat booster.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    lol, just lol. I mean, really LOL. If there was a case bigger than upper case, i'd be typing LOL in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by RusSki
    Like i said to you the other day, maybe now we should be allowed to self cast psi combat booster.

If your on a ppu/tank team fighting a hybrid you should PSI Combat boost the Hybrid

Makes his heal and shields worse

My shields only do 5% anyway and i use nanite heal so wouldn't really affect me

Yeh i'd like to see self cast psi combat booster. Not sure if i would spec for it tho.

I've tried many hybrid setups now in NF and it's worth shit right now...Tickles, even if you use the basic shields, they will save you like 10 health per hit but on the other hand you do 10 less damage to the enemy, which ends up as the result that it's worth shit since you do less damage but take a bit less, so it's a 4 seconds longer duel with an enemy ending the same way....

I tried as well a blessed setup using blessed heal + some blessed shields + lower FCS which i was getting back with PSI 3 buff and could use FA + blessed heal.....and tbh it was total shit...the heal just don't heal you and the shields don't protect for shit as your FA does no damage.

Hybrids, as the melee tanks, needs something done to make them usable in game again in an effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaH
    I've tried many hybrid setups now in NF and it's worth shit right now...Tickles, even if you use the basic shields, they will save you like 10 health per hit but on the other hand you do 10 less damage to the enemy, which ends up as the result that it's worth shit since you do less damage but take a bit less, so it's a 4 seconds longer duel with an enemy ending the same way....

I tried as well a blessed setup using blessed heal + some blessed shields + lower FCS which i was getting back with PSI 3 buff and could use FA + blessed heal.....and tbh it was total shit...the heal just don't heal you and the shields don't protect for shit as your FA does no damage.

Hybrids, as the melee tanks, needs something done to make them usable in game again in an effective way.

Not compleatly true. I mean yes, hybrids are worth shit now. But you actualy do lose more dmg than you gain in resists. You actualy get worse, even 1v1. So yea, making a hybrid is rather ill advised.

lol great, with 2 ppu's and one apu already what am i supposed to do with my remaining 2 capped monks.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    lol, just lol. I mean, really LOL. If there was a case bigger than upper case, i'd be typing LOL in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by RusSki
    lol great, with 2 ppu's and one apu already what am i supposed to do with my remaining 2 capped monks.
    Congrats. You're now the proud owner of a resser and barterer.

Has anyone tried an APU with imp and tc? With a drug or 2 you would still be fast..

edit: oh wait forget it. Those nanite tools have dex reqs don't they?
    Last edited by Glok; 02-01-08 at 18:35.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glok
    Has anyone tried an APU with imp and tc? With a drug or 2 you would still be fast..

edit: oh wait forget it. Those nanite tools have dex reqs don't they?
    Nah, no dex reqs. Int, TC and IMP.
    But yeah, I have tried it. No, you are still slow as hell, even with drugs. Plus the bottom level Advanced tool, with the TC you have (the basic SPIT tools are such a joke we won't discuss them) doesn't give anything like enough protection. You last a LOT logner being fast than the small amount you gain from the nanites.

Flights of Black Horsemen Nightwing's Avatar

I think what would fix them would be a complete removal of the reduction in effectiveness for a hybrid speced Monk and an across the board reduction in requirements for the modules of around 2-3%, that is it.

This would increase the effectiveness of a pure APU and a Pure PPU at the same time as it makes hybrids at least viable but not overpowered.
    Lucretia walks away...

Quote Originally Posted by onero S
    Not compleatly true. I mean yes, hybrids are worth shit now. But you actualy do lose more dmg than you gain in resists. You actualy get worse, even 1v1. So yea, making a hybrid is rather ill advised.
    No that's not true either. The increase of 45 into PPU has increased my force, pierce, poison and fire resists by about 5% while only reducing my damage by about 20 or so.

After most peoples resists that would mean a reduction of 5-10 damage dealt while giving me savings in health of around 10 health per shot (depending on a lot of things obviously)

It's given my hybrid near spy resists and still not bad damage.

he's still a definite underdog but also a lot of fun to play and funny when people go "wtf a hybrid" after i've killed someone (or more commonly, died :P )

Increasing resists by 5% is not near spy resists. Nanites give WAY more resists than that with WAY more dmg. Oh, and spys are faster.

And trust me, even specing for basic shields will reduce your dmg a lot from apu max. If it didn't affect yours that much than you probubly didn't have an all out agressive setup to begin with.

My apu runs with pa 3, a combat core, and agressor chips 2 and 3, the point commitment to overcome those maluses is very large not to mention every point of ppu makes your apu spells do even less dmg.

Anyway, if you're having fun with it, thats good and I don't mean to shit on your parade. I'm just trying to bring awarness to the fact that they are in no way shape or form balanced or viable and need to be fixed.

Tickles...

I think you look too much at precise stats....talking about 2% and 4% and 2,495%........the thing is that if i come up and shoot you with my Fire Apoc, it will end the same way.

Tbh at this point, it's not the 1% that will decide who wins, it's your aiming.

I still like to see you try many setups to make hybrid usable but it's really not near anything that could be considered decent...and surely not in OP fights, since more that you have shittier damage, u wont use your own shields since there are ppus around....as before you could fight on your own on an hybrid DBing enemies, noob sheltering them, HABing them....noob healing them....that was way more usefull

Right ok, Vegah, I know you're this great player and all and no one can beat you but this setup does work against quite a few people. No it's not equal to alot of tanks, spies and pes, but it's not useless. I've had a situation where I am attacked by a good tank and a poor spy. I took the spy down, and then made the tank run. None of us had ppu buffs. On other occasions that tank on his own has taken me down.

With some fights in NF, i've won around half the duels. There were some spies and some tanks that i had no chance again. My aiming isn't great and nor is the fact that i'm playing a hybrid but it works against some people, which makes it semi-viable. I'll never win a Fight Night with this guy, nor rule over Plaza 2 but that's not the point. The point is the fun of playing an APU who can take some damage. My Fire Apoc still hurts... alot. Maybe not as much as a full APU but its still pure fire damage doing 80 health off a hit on most un-ppu'd characters. That or my poison beam.

I'm just saying that he's not half bad. He's independent of damned ppus, and with a psi 3 buff and ppu shields, is still, YES, still, very viable at OP wars.

He's challenging, he's hard, but he's fun. He'll never be that great not in the games current balancing, but i'm still going to press on with him and you'll still see him at OP fights (while i'm still playing of course)

Hybrids definitely need a boost, but like melee, in my opinion, it doesn't need to be that big of one, or else everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon of the overpowered hybrid once more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast