Default What the new patch brings...

...Besides the amazing return to the roots...
    It makes 90% of the setups out of balance.
    If most have adjusted setups for the previous tank-o-cron using ion/dev or pie/fir as main damage this simply is not true anymore.

So, we have to wait a week for the dust to settle before we respec, and till then I think I am returning my setup focusing in energy/pierce again.
    I sense that we will see less and less spraying devourer tanks (thank god) buggering us

I sense we will see variation. Which after all, is what made Neocron great

Anybody who adjusts their setup to just the current overpowered weapon of the day is as bad as the person who loms to use JUST that gun in the first place.

Neocron 1 and the stuff that made it so great specifically was the variety. I remember when everyone said (start of retail) that Xray was the thing to use as a damage type. When I got my first CS I heat-modded it (pre xray bones) and raped people. They soon adjusted.

The same should be said of NC now, admittedly the latest fad has been poison modding but I am glad everyone is going to worry about those phosphor modded pain easers again to be honest. It really will separate the men from the boys.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Im going back to my roots of using the Wyatt/Libby tbh, i think i'll be the only one tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by silent000
    Im going back to my roots of using the Wyatt/Libby tbh, i think i'll be the only one tho lol
    I doubt it. I chose the name for a reason. Tbh I would like to see Jack Drake come back, or Rabbi with his liberator as he was bloody good with it back in the day. There will probably be some VERY good liberator pes again soon m8.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    Anybody who adjusts their setup to just the current overpowered weapon of the day is as bad as the person who loms to use JUST that gun in the first place.
    Dear William, please keep those stupid remarks for yourself, and let people do what they think on their own.
    If 90% of the people shoot fire, you don't go making a setup that protects you evenly in all damages... it's common sense. If you still want to do it, be my guest but I am not bad, I am smart

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Liberators work again??

Quote Originally Posted by silent000
    Bzzzzt.

Nope, there will be loads of lowtech PEs (myself included) trying to recreate the glory days of the NC1 Pistol PE. And I don't mean the really really early days when the Libby was massively overpowered due to how health was handled, I mean mid/late NC1.

Oh Snap just forgot my favorite wep in the game....The TL92 Deffinatly testing this once im back and ill post the results here, oh i had such fun with that setup in 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    Dear William, please keep those stupid remarks for yourself, and let people do what they think on their own.
    If 90% of the people shoot fire, you don't go making a setup that protects you evenly in all damages... it's common sense. If you still want to do it, be my guest but I am not bad, I am smart

You're contradicting yourself again and its making you look completely stupid. Its a moot point because of the variety of new weapons. In the old days (I like to call them BJ - ie Before Jini) there were lots of weapons that people had to spec for. This patch is sending the game back that way and I welcome it. The only reason you've posted this particular post is to snipe at me because of the infantile rage that courses through you when you read my posts. This is the 2nd remark you've made today trying to insult me in some way. The fact of the matter is you want to be me and it pains you that you're not. Refrain from commenting in the future.

Mark Twain said it the best.

"Better to let the world think you're a fool in silence than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Paraphrased because I could not find the actual quote. In no uncertain terms just stfu.

Cracker me old sausage, where do they sell the TL92 pulse laser pistol now? Any ideas? Can you drop me a pm or lend me one to get blueprinted.

Thanks

W

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

That's enough, both of you. If you want to fight each other do it in-game.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

The thing with cookie cutter setups is that in the past kk released patches frequently enough that people were always adjusting, and no one knew all the underlying game rules as they do now.

So I think there will still be the 'favoured' weapons, it will just take a few days for the sharpest people to work out which are the best ones again.

aww come on its not out of hand yet. It has to get well beyone ranting...to belittling, and other acusations that could eventually destroy the gameplay..then you can think about stepping in!

Quote Originally Posted by Selendor
    The thing with cookie cutter setups is that in the past kk released patches frequently enough that people were always adjusting, and no one knew all the underlying game rules as they do now.

So I think there will still be the 'favoured' weapons, it will just take a few days for the sharpest people to work out which are the best ones again.
    Thats true. There will always be a "best" weapon, however there will still be variation so long as other weapons are pretty close to the current best weapon, people always have their favourite weapon (Libby, Libby, Libby ftw) and will use it even if it isn't quite as good as some other weapons. Its only if the weapon is completely useless that it'll get abandoned.

I am looking forward to the reduction in cookie cutter setups and more variation
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    In Neocron most anything is allowed, its a gentlemans club. In the words of a timeless classic "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast